2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L V8 4x4 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Big Beast

2008 Toyota Sequoia - Consumer Review

Big Beast
By LGreen on

2008 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

First the bad news - -I can't say I "love" the Sequoia. I'd rather be driving a Cayenne or a Land Rover Sport, or a BMW M5. But, with a big family, pets, nanny, and loads of sporting events and gear, the Sequoia does what it's asked to do, with ease. The Sequoia really proved itself, in my mind, just a few weeks after we bought it (used, with 20K miles) -- we drove it over 500 miles with kids to South Carolina. The kids didn't peep or complain once -- not a single time! They were comfortable, enjoyed the view out, with their own climate control and multiple cup holders, not to mention the excellent rear DVD system. I've also taken it offroad a few times and it's been fine.

Favorite Features

Long distance comfort; rear DVD; fantastic seating flexibility in 2nd and 3rd rows; reliability/confidence in driving a Toyota.

Suggested Improvements

Make the next one a bit smaller -- bigger than the Mercedes GL but smaller than the current Sequoia. Get rid of the chrome grill - -I was able to swap mine for a color-keyed one at the dealer (much better and less intimidating).