Used 2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:

My Sequoia Ride
By Ron

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I really like the Sequoia. It really met all my family's needs. We didn't buy it for the GREAT gas mileage (HAHA). This is our family car. Everything is great except for the poor gas mileage.

My family and I really like how it is really easy to drive. Once you get used to the size, it really drives like a car.

Gas mileage unless gas goes down to 50 cents a gallon.

Lovin' the Sequoia
By LuvSequoia

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I chose the Sequoia because I did the research and read a lot of comments posted on this very website. I am very pleased with the Limited 4X2. The ride is what I expected, but even better. I love the turning radius, when once was disappointed with the Tundra radius. The Sequoia is very sleek in it's interior design. It is very spacious and love the tri-climate control. Gas mileage is about 16-18 hwy. The body is huge and the front end takes some getting use to when it comes to parking. I am very happy I went with an SUV, as a long time truck person, I am pleased.

I am impressed the the JBL Synses sound system. It is like having spent a ton of money on a sound system. The seamless shifting is incredible. I love the 6-speed. Very smooth.

Super Sequoia
By Bill

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Needed large SUV so we drove Expedition, Tahoe, and Sequoia. Great deals on all. Features very similar but the quality and execution of the Sequoia is superb. This vehicle is designed to Lexus standards and it shows. Engine is strong and trans is great. Fast, quiet and both my wife and I are fighting to take it. Just had six in it and they all loved it. Drives like a smaller vehicle and is easy to park.

Seats, engine/trans, and the way it drives. 2nd and 3rd row seats are incredible.

Toyota should include memory seats as standard on Limited.

Love my new Sequoia
By capnjackflash

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Platinum 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

2008 Sequoia Platinum, slate w/ red rock interior, laser cruise and DRL the only options. I've already filled it with stuff twice and am amazed at how much fits with rearview mirror still usable. Interior reconfiguration is so simple and easy. 400 lb-ft of torque is always evident and handling is surprisingly good in the sport mode. In soft mode, 85 on a smooth interstate feels like 70. The seating position and front visibility are great, but there are blind spots behind the large front pillars. You get the same huge center console as the Tundra, designed for people using their truck as an office.

This 5,700 monster has a turn radius like a Honda Civic. Driver has 4 cupholders in easy reach. The climate control is accurate and easy to use. Laser cruise control is totally predictable and so convenient. You must add this option if most of your driving is on the highways.

6'3" and can't clean the windshield w/o a stool. A fold out step and handle would be nice. Laser cruise disengages when driving into the early morning sun. 5.7L V8 uses 0W-20 synth oil making the 5,000 mile oil changes about $110 a pop. Not enough pass. side mirror adjust for shorter drivers.

Silky Smooth
By hisenberg

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Platinum 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

We drove our new Sequoia to Sequoia National Park for our first outing with the new vehicle. During this drive, we experienced driving in city, open freeway, mountain roads and icy roads. The entire drive was very smooth. The 6-speed automatic engine was far better than our previous 4-speed domestic luxury SUV. It handled very well in all conditions. The interior of the car has more "plastic" than I normally like. Needs a little more wood trim and some plastic mouldings are loose. Navigation system was excellent. The ride with the air suspension was very comfortable and the steering wheel was steady over all the bumps.

Navigation system is outstanding along with the integrated bluetooth phone.

Platinum only comes with 2nd row captain's chairs. I'd prefer to have a full 40/20/40 bench which would be much more versatile. HID headlights should be standard (not the halogen's that come equipped with the high end Platinum Edition).

• SUV