2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:
Why sacrifice XYZ
By rcaron on 07/28/08 21:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Significantly LESS headroom compared to my last Sequoia and the seats can't adjust down. Sunglasses on my head hit the ceiling. They also dropped the gas tank cover lock from the old Sequoia... why??? And they dropped the side moulding strips to protect vs door dings. And the gas mileage is much less than my old Sequoia, and much less than advertised. It is a great truck and very comfortable but I might think twice about keeping my old Sequoia. Don't get caught up in the hype!!

Rolling Office
By Mick on 06/25/08 22:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is nice big comfortable truck. Ride is very good and truck has much power. If you need a large SUV for whatever reason, you should check this truck out. More refined then the others. I have been getting 15.8 mpg in mixed driving with only 2300 miles on the truck.

2008 sequoia
By hughs on 06/23/08 13:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Traded my 03 Expedition for the 08 Sequoia. This SUV drives like a sports car compared to my Ford. Very agile, fast and decent gas mileage.

2008 Toyota Sequoia Platinum
By Frank Di Bartolo on 06/22/08 18:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Platinum 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I wanted an SUV that would give me all the bells and whistles of my Audi A8 and a great ride. I got all of this with my Sequoia Platinum. I drove everything out there from Caddies to Fords and all the imports, I found the Toyota to be the best choice. Fold flat seats were a very important factor for my two large dogs.

Nice truck for family with towing needs!
By dmaxwellh on 06/16/08 18:37 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

We have been very happy with the first month of ownership. The Sequoia is a pleasure to drive and has many nice standard features. Interior space is excellent. Not thrilled with the regional packaging of the options. Each dealer in our region had similarly equipped vehicles (cold weather pkg, sunroof, etc.). It seems to be the trend with Toyota. The Limited and Platinum are nice, but extremely overpriced for the options. I think a nicely equipped SR5 with leather, JBL, etc. is the economic choice.

After MUCH exhaustive research...
By Yankee on 06/09/08 08:59 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

We needed an SUV for our 3 greyhounds and something to tow our 7500 lb travel trailer - a minivan or a "crossover" were out of the question, so after considering loads of other candidates (Suburban, Durango, Expedition EL) it came down to the Sequoia. With the high gas prices, you can really swing a sweet deal on an SUV, even one of these. Sure a minivan beats it in outright interior space and gets better MPG, but there's no substitute for true V8 power, torque and brawn when you really need it. Very smooth and quiet with more than enough power to handle just about any situation. Right now these seem pretty exclusive - you won't see yourself coming and going like you would in a Suburban.

Awesome
By John on 06/06/08 04:19 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

The new Sequoia is a great SUV. I used to be a GM truck guy, but had so many reliability and customer service problems that I finally conducted a fair assessment of the large SUVs available and the Sequoia came out on top. It handles great (not like the 5,900 pound SUV that it is), looks great, and the time is right to buy.

Comfort and Roomy!
By LAR on 06/04/08 13:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Now that I have had my Sequoia for a few months, I can honestly say for such a big vehicle it handles very smoothly. The engine is quiet, the power is unbelievable. I have a big family and needed a vehicle with room and the Sequoia has plenty and more to spare. Don't expect great gas mileage with this vehicle. Especially around town. But I wouldn't have bought it if I did. I only get about 9-10 MPG. I have never been in such a big vehicle that makes u-turns better then most cars I have owned. Back hatch-door is heavy enough to shut on it's own without power option. We are a toyota family and after owning this beast of a machine I don't plan on changing.

My family fun suv
By vivaldo on 06/01/08 02:20 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased our Sequoia in March, a few days later we were on our way to Pismo Beach. I really enjoyed the smooth ride and the level of comfort on our trip up North. My kids got to enjoy the DVD system and my wife and I enjoyed our Siruis sat. radio. We were going to buy an Armada but when we saw the Sequoia it just captured our heart and our wallet. Sorry Nissan!

Better than I expected
By Kaybee on 05/31/08 02:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I traded in a 2005 Honda Odyssey for the Sequoia as my wife tired of driving a minivan. I researched this purchase for almost six months and determined that the Sequoia was the best vehicle, for our needs, on the market. After purchasing, I couldn't have been more right. What we lost in fuel efficiency we certainly gained in vehicle enjoyment. Our fully loaded Limited has a fantastic ride and plenty of bells and whistles. The backup camera, sound system (although would like to have a 6 disc changer vs. the available 4 disc option), moonroof and Bluetooth are awesome. The second and third rows have a tremendous amount of room for our four kids.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.