2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:
The luxury SUV
By pillai on 08/18/08 11:45 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Platinum 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Wanted a lux SUV for kids n stuff. Drove all the rest from cad to H2, infiniti, MB and chose this hands down. Supple smooth and quiet ride with lots of power. Although the Toyota doesn't have bling factor, it is true luxo where it counts - ride, handling smoothness and over all great use of interior space. Very comfortable 2nd and 3rd rows and easy to get into 3rd row. Overall our family is very happy with our choice of this comfortable fun and functional SUV.

Great Family Traveling Vehicle
By Mike on 08/16/08 05:42 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have a '92 Camry that I bought new 16 yrs ago and a '99 Sienna I bought new 9 yrs ago so I expected the Sequoia to be another "quality" Toyota and, 1,100 miles into this new vehicle, I have not been disappointed. We have driven through the Appalachian mountains twice and it rides wonderfully. With three growing children and a lot of long trips planned we wanted something bigger than the Sienna for these trips. Over a 6-month period I evaluated the Navigator and Armada and had to go with the Sequoia due to my personal experience with Toyota quality the past 16 years. We look forward to getting at least ten years out of this vehicle.

Be realistic, and you'll love it
By lrtoyota on 08/13/08 20:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Love my 2WD 5.7 L SR5 Sequoia. It is everything that the reviews say it is. Very large vehicle, yet handles surprisingly well. Easy to corner and park. Tons of power. Struggles with MPG in town, obviously, but really does surprisingly well on the highway. "Sweet spot" on the highway is about 68 for my Sequoia. Put the cruise on around there, and I consistently get 22-23 MPG, which is great to me. My SR5 came with a leather upgrade, and the quality is very high. Very happy so far with my purchase

Surprised! By the roomy interior...
By MrCEIII on 08/13/08 16:20 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Looked for my 5 member family for 2 months, had settled on either a Honda minivan or Toy minivan. I was trading a 02 Escalade so my standards are pretty high. This Sequoia is an excellent vehicle, it has more power than my 02 Escalade and so far I am extremely satisfied with my purchase.

Great SUV
By Toyota Lover on 08/12/08 09:54 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is my first Toyota and first SUV. Got tired of the minivan style. Test drove any out there, Escalate, Yukon, Tahoe, Expedition, Aspen, QX56, Navigator. When you compare each of those cars to the Toyota, probably each will have a thing or two better than the Toyota BUT as a package... nothing is comparable. The ride is very close to the Navigator, the performance... well there is nothing to compare too! The interior is extremely roomy and especially the 2nd and 3rd row (both fold flat and recline). Compared to the previous model, it is amazing what Toyota was able to achieve. The interior could be slightly richer. I am getting around 15.5 MPG for mostly city driving. Try it!

Effortless Suv
By jason973 on 08/11/08 18:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

After researching every large SUV on the market, I found myself the owner of a Sequoia. I took a 300 mile trip to Cape Cod the following day. This truck drives great. It has power to get around anything. There is no waiting for the passing gear. It really handled great. I made record time, and got a reasonable 17 MPG. I could see easily getting 19 keeping it at 70-75. The interior is huge. I had plenty of luggage room even with the kids' seats in the second row. The front seats are nice (mine adjust up and down). I dread the idea of the novelty of this truck wearing off.

Quality Vehicle
By Toy for Mom on 08/09/08 21:22 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This vehicle has POWER & is extremely roomy. Have no worries about how much time it'll spend in the shop b/c this is our 2nd Sequoia & we are more than pleased. Hit the gas and the speed accelerates w/o you even hearing a change in the motor. Steering SUPER EASY & improved from our previous Sequoia although we thought it was great. However, we preferred the bumper railing on our '05. Thought it looked sporter, otherwise the front grill, step boards, and racks on top help the body's overall look. The chrome accents are a MUST! Interior is so spacious. Definitely could accommodate the larger members of the family... front or back seats! Head room unheard of.

Wow factor in the family SUV
By SuburbiaMom on 08/09/08 14:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Just got the Sequoia last weekend and I'm wondering why it took us so long to find the perfect family SUV. We had an 03 Expedition that was acting up. Figure we'd give Toyota a try since big Ford has let us down on what was suppose to be our 10 year SUV. For being a full size SUV, this machine drives like a car. Suspension is much nicer and acceleration is super smooth. I never thought I'd ever switch to a Japanese SUV for fear that it's not roomy enough for my family but I'm sure glad now. Definitely made the right decision. The design is well thought out for families that need to drive 3 kids in car seats. Love the fact that the 2nd row slides forward for easier access to 3rd row.

Why sacrifice XYZ
By rcaron on 07/28/08 21:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Significantly LESS headroom compared to my last Sequoia and the seats can't adjust down. Sunglasses on my head hit the ceiling. They also dropped the gas tank cover lock from the old Sequoia... why??? And they dropped the side moulding strips to protect vs door dings. And the gas mileage is much less than my old Sequoia, and much less than advertised. It is a great truck and very comfortable but I might think twice about keeping my old Sequoia. Don't get caught up in the hype!!

Rolling Office
By Mick on 06/25/08 22:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is nice big comfortable truck. Ride is very good and truck has much power. If you need a large SUV for whatever reason, you should check this truck out. More refined then the others. I have been getting 15.8 mpg in mixed driving with only 2300 miles on the truck.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Toyota Sequoia Suv in VA is:

$106 per month*