2008 Toyota Sequoia - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:
Great SUV
By John on 09/29/08 13:26 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I bought my Sequoia just over a month ago due to finding out that I will be having another child. I absolutely love driving it, to bad it is primarily my wife's vehicle. I recently had to make a trip to NC from NY and decided to take the Sequoia to see how it did on a long drive. The MPG was great for it size, it averaged 19-20 on the highway. The ride was extremely smooth and I did not have to crank up the radio to hear it over the road noise. I only gave a 8 for comfort due to the fact that my wife, who is 5'2", has a hard time reaching the pedals and being relaxed at the same time. There is also an annoying little squeaking noise coming from the back seat somewhere.

Excelllence
By Chuck on 09/21/08 09:15 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Wonderful car. We might end up with two in the garage. Big and spacious for my four kids. My wife said the other day she is afraid to step on full throttle because it seems it might go on its rear wheels; it's fast. It's quiet, visibility is great, and very comfortable to drive, even long distances. I've never driven all the way from Phoenix to L.A. without my wife helping part of the way, but last June, I did, both to and from. Haven't had any problems so far, however, I have a small rattle on the moon-roof which disappears when I go to the dealership. Don't keep your eyes on the gas-gauge though, you might be disappointed, but I expected it when I bought the car. All in all, I love it.

So Far, So Excellent
By TNguyen on 09/19/08 22:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

We've been needing a family car for awhile now - with 2 kids and 2 dogs. Finally bought this tank. Man, we've been loving it. Comfy, tons of room, very quiet, drives great, and the turning radius is excellent for a car this size. Lots of storage, even when the 3rd row seat is up. I really like the 6 speed Steptronic shifting -- takes a little getting used to, but once you do, it's fun AND it's more fuel efficient and the full automatic mode (keep the RPM low). Overall MPG after about 300 miles = 15.5. I would imagine that once the engine is broken into more and my wife gets used to the Steptronic, getting 16+ mpg wouldn't be out of reach.

Good Family Car
By Harry on 09/17/08 00:44 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia Platinum 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I got this for the family and work. Got it with all the bells and whistles. Love the Red Rock leather. Comfortable ride. Not bad gas usage for a V8. Very comfortable ride with a vehicle height adjustment for when stopped and loading/unloading. Acceleration a little slow but manual option allows for better acceleration control. Looked at Escalade, Yukon, Mercedes Benz and decided this was best bang for the buck. Also, handling/steering seems better and quality is good. Interior better looking than the GM cars. Also, back seats automatic and fold flat, unlike the GM cars. Storage minimal when using all 7/8 passengers but most SUV's like that. Perfect for 4 person family.

Best value for a hard-earned buck
By Jake on 09/14/08 09:01 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I can't believe I paid more for my 02 Sequoia with less options than my 08. There was never a problem with my old one. I just couldn't resist upgrading to the current year and boy, what a deal! The power, the comfort, the features, the Toyota reliability, and then the price. It has the only excellent editor rating which I was skeptical but hands down, definitely the best buy if you're in a market for this type of SUV. Do your research, test drive them all, check the price, and the reliability. Why pay twice as much for a Land Cruiser or a Lexus LX? BTW, this Sequoia is made in the USA.

Great Tow Vehicle
By GMG on 09/10/08 06:35 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Just returned from 4000 mile trip from Az to Mn. Averaged 19-20 MPG at 75-80 mph. Got as high as 22 mpg low of 18. Had 2 people and 300 lbs of stuff. Truck virtually drives itself. Very quiet and tight. This truck tows 4000 lb boat effortlessly. This is no commuter vehicle but if you need the towing capability and interior room this is a great choice.

This is really a great SUV
By kelvin x on 09/03/08 14:19 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is my first large SUV. I traded in my 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS for the Sequoia SR5. And I am very happy with it. I feel like the king of the road. I compared it to GMC, Chevy, Nissan and Mazda and the Sequoia stood out more to me with better engine performance 381 hp! 401 lbs torque, wow, better mpg, interior quality, comfort and better looking than most. Just buy it, you wont regret it!

Seating Design
By GRF493 on 08/26/08 18:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

The power option for folding the third row seats is GREAT! Now, if Toyota can just apply that same option to the second row seats, it would be outstanding. Having three large dogs, coupled with a knee injury, it makes adjusting the second row seats difficult. The power option would be a huge help in this arena. Think disabled, we rarely do, until we ourselves are in that situation.

Needed Improvements for this Day & Age
By GRF493 on 08/26/08 18:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Overall, it's been a good vehicle. While most people are aware of what they're buying and all of the features that go with the vehicle, at the time of purchase, some "necessities" become apparent after your ownership experience gains tenure.

Toyota's done it again!
By BOB on 08/26/08 11:19 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia Platinum 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Owned a '97 4 runner and was extremely pleased, but needed something bigger to carry family to and from AAU Girls National basketball tournaments. Looked at all the competition and frankly they were no match for the Sequoia, in my opinion. The interior design and comfort is far superior to all the others especially in the rear seating area. The buckets in the second row are fully adjustable and also recline which made it great for the rear passengers. Not difficult to handle around town and it's performance is well, outstanding. Recent long trip,passengers were very comfortable. Gas mileage low, but not why most will buy this vehicle. The Platinum has all the goodies,add entertainment system

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.