2008 Toyota Sequoia SR5 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:
Good Truck, It runs like a car
By stopshop01 on 12/07/08 17:45 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

It is the first truck we own. Drive very comfortable and good mileage. We took 2 trips to the same road to test out the mileage. First trip fill up with Sheetz gas and got 17.8 mpg avg. Second trip fill up with Sunoco gas and got 18.4 mpg avg on the computer display. Wonder why so much different? It must be the quality in brand gas and no brand. Over all, it is very good truck and highly recommend to new buyer.

Excellent Choice
By Schnauzer on 12/01/08 12:23 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

With a need to haul people and tow a boat, big SUVs are my family's only option. I have spent a lot of time in all the competing big SUVs. With the changes brought to the Sequoia in 2008, I now feel it is the best vehicle in its class. Love the fold flat third row, and the ride and handling are as close to 'sportscar' as you can get in a big vehicle like this. The 'wish list' includes some gps/computer oddities but the engine/ride/handling/utility are unrivaled. The bluetooth/audio/temp controls on the steering wheel are excellent and totally negate the need to reach for the main controls strewn across the dash. Some gps/phone features are unavailable while driving in the name of safety

Towing
By elknutz on 11/30/08 07:27 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

We all know how the Sequoia drives under normal conditions, but hook up a travel trailer and enjoy it even more. Our fully loaded Limited includes the air bag suspension which keeps the vehicle level without having to transfer additional weight to the front end. After a weekend outing to the Oregon Coast I was very impressed with the power this rig has. The combo with our 29' Tango was no match for climbing or descending the Oregon Coast Range. The transmission shifted with ease while in the tow mode and is simply a workhorse. The Sequoia handled better than any other truck / trailer combo I have driven over the last 15 years.

Excellent Car for a Large Family
By Derek on 11/21/08 14:39 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

We just purchased our Sequoia two weeks ago and love it. We shopped around and took a look at the Tahoe and Escalade to compare it to. The Escalade was about $25k more and a lot worse on the mpg. Workmanship of the Tahoe had a poor feel and look to it, not to mention poor resale value. We had a 2004 Toyota 4 Runner and loved it, but were running out of space and decided to move up to the big boy. We can actually fit 3 more adults into the Sequoia over the 4 Runner comfortably. We opted for the SR5 4 X 4 with most of the options that come on the Limited edition, but without the additional $$$. We actually paid a little less for the Sequoia then we did for the 4 Runner almost 5 years ago.

Doesn't Compare to the Competition
By mjstariha on 11/20/08 18:03 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

We recently let go of our 04 Suburban. Our concern was the loss of room. We knew from experience, our 04 simply did not have the craftsmanship to rival our new Sequoia's life expectancy. The features are well thought out and intuitive. The conveniences have become necessities so don't skimp on these if you appreciate luxury. We needed all the features plus the room so save the addt'l 10k stick w/ the limited. Very smooth ride, not sure if the 20" tires make a difference from standard 17", our Sequoia is fully loaded with all the accessories except two-driver seat memory and 4WD. A month in and the Sequoia has a piece of all 7 (includes 2 Great Danes) of our hearts

This Central Texas Family loves our LTD.
By CourtneyL on 11/16/08 14:34 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

We've had our Sequoia since July 08, approximately 5 months. We are a family of 4. My husband, myself, and our two children both under 4years. We purchased the limited, black exterior with tan interior. Our sequoia has everything except for nav and dvd. Things we love: interior roominess- we can fit two carseats, and a full sized adult in the second and third rows. This never happened in our old suv. All three rows recline. In the second row, each seat moves individually. So if the middle person wants to recline, they can do so without bothering the other two riders. My husband now wants to trade his corolla S for a similar riding Tundra!

Big SUV, drives like a sedan
By soonersok on 11/14/08 17:19 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

When I first looked at the new Sequoias I thought that they would drive like a monster, however, when I test drove it, it was so smooth and the transmission shifted without me even noticing it. You could tell that this vehicle was well engineered and geared towards people who want a large SUV but without the "truck like" feel to it. The Sequoia is driven primarily by my wife but I always find excuses to drive it on the weekends and we do all of our trips in it. Its a great vehicle and I strongly recommend it.

Excellent SUV
By Tommy on 11/05/08 13:56 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I use the Sequoia for business and family travel. The family travel is primarily to horse shows. We pull a two horse trailer with two horses and the Sequoia does a great job of pulling 5,000 pounds. It also has plenty of room for our tack and provisions for the trip. The ride is extremely comfortable for all passengers.

Great family vehicle
By Bear1 on 11/03/08 09:03 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

If you need room for a large family, enjoy traveling in silent comfort at barely legal speeds, and do not worry about a high gas bill, this is the vehicle for you. Seems readily apparent that the Lexus engineers had a hand in designing all aspects of this versatile family hauler.

Nice family SUV
By Anthony on 10/26/08 15:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This family SUV is very nice. I traded my 03 Sequoia which I like. What I like the most is the safety features this vehicle have and off course the 5.7L engine very responsive and fun to drive. It is also more roomier cargo especially if you have the 3rd row folded.