2008 Toyota Sequoia - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:
Towing
By elknutz on 11/30/08 07:27 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

We all know how the Sequoia drives under normal conditions, but hook up a travel trailer and enjoy it even more. Our fully loaded Limited includes the air bag suspension which keeps the vehicle level without having to transfer additional weight to the front end. After a weekend outing to the Oregon Coast I was very impressed with the power this rig has. The combo with our 29' Tango was no match for climbing or descending the Oregon Coast Range. The transmission shifted with ease while in the tow mode and is simply a workhorse. The Sequoia handled better than any other truck / trailer combo I have driven over the last 15 years.

Excellent Car for a Large Family
By Derek on 11/21/08 14:39 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

We just purchased our Sequoia two weeks ago and love it. We shopped around and took a look at the Tahoe and Escalade to compare it to. The Escalade was about $25k more and a lot worse on the mpg. Workmanship of the Tahoe had a poor feel and look to it, not to mention poor resale value. We had a 2004 Toyota 4 Runner and loved it, but were running out of space and decided to move up to the big boy. We can actually fit 3 more adults into the Sequoia over the 4 Runner comfortably. We opted for the SR5 4 X 4 with most of the options that come on the Limited edition, but without the additional $$$. We actually paid a little less for the Sequoia then we did for the 4 Runner almost 5 years ago.

Doesn't Compare to the Competition
By mjstariha on 11/20/08 18:03 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

We recently let go of our 04 Suburban. Our concern was the loss of room. We knew from experience, our 04 simply did not have the craftsmanship to rival our new Sequoia's life expectancy. The features are well thought out and intuitive. The conveniences have become necessities so don't skimp on these if you appreciate luxury. We needed all the features plus the room so save the addt'l 10k stick w/ the limited. Very smooth ride, not sure if the 20" tires make a difference from standard 17", our Sequoia is fully loaded with all the accessories except two-driver seat memory and 4WD. A month in and the Sequoia has a piece of all 7 (includes 2 Great Danes) of our hearts

This Central Texas Family loves our LTD.
By CourtneyL on 11/16/08 14:34 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

We've had our Sequoia since July 08, approximately 5 months. We are a family of 4. My husband, myself, and our two children both under 4years. We purchased the limited, black exterior with tan interior. Our sequoia has everything except for nav and dvd. Things we love: interior roominess- we can fit two carseats, and a full sized adult in the second and third rows. This never happened in our old suv. All three rows recline. In the second row, each seat moves individually. So if the middle person wants to recline, they can do so without bothering the other two riders. My husband now wants to trade his corolla S for a similar riding Tundra!

Big SUV, drives like a sedan
By soonersok on 11/14/08 17:19 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

When I first looked at the new Sequoias I thought that they would drive like a monster, however, when I test drove it, it was so smooth and the transmission shifted without me even noticing it. You could tell that this vehicle was well engineered and geared towards people who want a large SUV but without the "truck like" feel to it. The Sequoia is driven primarily by my wife but I always find excuses to drive it on the weekends and we do all of our trips in it. Its a great vehicle and I strongly recommend it.

Excellent SUV
By Tommy on 11/05/08 13:56 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I use the Sequoia for business and family travel. The family travel is primarily to horse shows. We pull a two horse trailer with two horses and the Sequoia does a great job of pulling 5,000 pounds. It also has plenty of room for our tack and provisions for the trip. The ride is extremely comfortable for all passengers.

Great family vehicle
By Bear1 on 11/03/08 09:03 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

If you need room for a large family, enjoy traveling in silent comfort at barely legal speeds, and do not worry about a high gas bill, this is the vehicle for you. Seems readily apparent that the Lexus engineers had a hand in designing all aspects of this versatile family hauler.

Nice family SUV
By Anthony on 10/26/08 15:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This family SUV is very nice. I traded my 03 Sequoia which I like. What I like the most is the safety features this vehicle have and off course the 5.7L engine very responsive and fun to drive. It is also more roomier cargo especially if you have the 3rd row folded.

08 Sequoia Fit and Finish Excellent
By galvang on 10/07/08 00:17 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I usually do not acquire first year mfg. vehicle unless its from a top tier car mfg's. Toyota did a fine job, this beast, and I mean beast, drives very smooth and taught with tremendous power, room, and accessories that very much fits my taste. Exterior and interior is well appointed while at this same-time it provides a not too "girly" look.

Great SUV
By John on 09/29/08 13:26 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I bought my Sequoia just over a month ago due to finding out that I will be having another child. I absolutely love driving it, to bad it is primarily my wife's vehicle. I recently had to make a trip to NC from NY and decided to take the Sequoia to see how it did on a long drive. The MPG was great for it size, it averaged 19-20 on the highway. The ride was extremely smooth and I did not have to crank up the radio to hear it over the road noise. I only gave a 8 for comfort due to the fact that my wife, who is 5'2", has a hard time reaching the pedals and being relaxed at the same time. There is also an annoying little squeaking noise coming from the back seat somewhere.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.