2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Consumer Reviews 3

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:
Nice Ride
By Charlie on 07/31/09 15:06 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I just purchased this vehicle a couple months ago and I'm very happy with it, especially on long trips. I was lucky enough to add leather interior and 20 inch wheels from a Tundra Pickup, complements of Power Toyota & Arizona Sun tops. It is very powerful and handles very well for its size, it is very quiet on the highway and the JBL system sounds quite well for a factory system. There is plenty of space for my music equipment and is also relatively easy to park due to its short turning ratio.

Love my 2nd Sequoia
By MR VAT51 on 07/21/09 20:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

We bought our second Sequoia six months ago and already put in 10,000 miles. We drove it twice to California coming from Texas and once to Illinois. I love driving it and family loves the long drive because of the comfort of the ride.

Great SUV
By Oh8Limited on 07/19/09 20:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Our family bought this truck this month. We took a 4 hour trip to another city, very comfortable ride, responsive steering, also a quiet ride for the size. For as big as is it, it drives like a smaller SUV.

Love my Sequoia
By Warrant_ero on 06/11/09 13:07 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Just bought our Limited 4x4 Sequoia on 1 Jun. Love driving the big beast. For a big rig it drives like a small car. MPG been around 17 city/highway combined. The interior is nice although I would think there would be less plastic. Very quiet when on the road, love all the power. Looking forward to many great years of service.

Nicer than the 1st
By 9 year owner on 06/08/09 09:32 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I bought my 2001 Sequoia SR5 when they first came out, put 210,000 miles on it and was sad to trade it in on my new 2008 Limited in May of 2009. With gas prices going up we were actually looking for a smaller SUV but kept saying "we could get another Sequoia for that price". We bought our 2008 off the lot for the same price we paid for our 2001 SR5. We have already traveled 600 miles to 2 Lacrosse tournaments with 3 young men, gear and everyone loves it. We didn't like the new design at first but with the optional 20" wheels it is really starting to grow on us. The ride quality and the quiet interior are in a category of a much more expensive vehicle.

Room for Improvement
By Guffey Time on 05/21/09 06:27 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

We live in a very rural area on dirt roads. We were amazed at how this vehicle allows the dust to come in. The rattles in the car are very irritating. The bluetooth does NOT work. The person on the other end says that it sounds like you are in a tunnel and cannot hear. Toyota cannot fix the problems! The towing is amazing which is the only reason I am keeping the car. You pay 52000 for a car, you expect a little more - not dust and rattles.

I love it
By Jim on 05/12/09 08:49 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Platinum 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is my second Sequoia, the first is now in my daughter's hands and she loves it, I got the '08 when she got my old one and although it took a little getting used to, it's a superior vehicle to any other SUV I've owned, Ford and GM. The features of the Platinum trim line include the backup camera, reverse tilt mirrors and more. We tow an 8500 LB travel trailer with ease, great vehicle!

Great Family Vehicle
By Jonathan on 04/19/09 15:54 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I was interested in the Sequoia before the redesign, and after seeing the new 2008's it moved to top of my list. We got the Limited edition and added the dual headrest DVDs with 2nd Row bucket seats. I could not be more happy with this car. It is primarily my wife's and she goes on and on about how much she loves driving this car. It has an incredible turning radius for a car of its size and drives very quiet and smooth. For long trips, the ride, the navigation, and the rear DVDs make traveling with our 3 year old and 3 month old a breeze.

Pros/Cons
By Paul Dobrovolskis on 04/10/09 20:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Platinum 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I needed a full size SUV that had trailer towing capacity that gave me room to play when towing a boat. I have had Toyotas in the past and though always scant on creature comforts have been extremely well made and reliable. My last clocked in at 450,000 km and only died due to an accident. Issues IPOD connectivity useless to non existent. Don't bother with the Toyota cable. Navigation package useless. Very error laden, extremely user unfriendly, better to buy an aftermarket system. A 150$ garmin will outperform the Toyota navigation. Gas cap has no lock. Oil changes, uses a cartridge filter that few aftermarket dealers have. Dealers even hate doing changes.

2008 Toy
By A Real SUV!!! on 04/10/09 05:09 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Love this truck, bought it 500 miles ago. I had a Ford expedition that I got rid of when gas hit almost $5.00 a gallon. I went to a Cherokee sport which was just as bad, then I went to 2009 Toyota matrix, which was beautiful on gas, but I was very unhappy with the limited space. 10 months later I traded in the matrix for the sequoia (best investment I made!). I don't care if gas hits $10.00 a gallon - it's worth it & if you put super you can get about 14 miles a gallon in the city.