Used 2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:

WORST Toyota
By masterdoc

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Now with 34,000 miles, plastic trim falling inside and outside, rubber insulation on tailgate peeled off, engine with wheezing noise in the dash that 3 dealers can't find a solution for it, awful! Dealer interaction - bad - my other cars are 2008 Mercedes CLS, 2010 Audi S5 and 2005 Hummer H2 - by far this is the worst automotive I have owned! Planning to trade it in for either MB GL320TDI or Audi Q7 this fall! Even the recall repair required 2 visits! I guess the golden era for Toyota is over!

DESIGN - best SUV design inside and out!

BUILD QUALITY, reliability and dealer respect for problems

A beast
By kbert

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I traded in a station wagon to get the Sequoia. With 3 kids, a spouse, a nanny, and a dog, I figured we really needed something bigger than mid- size/large SUVs like the M-B GL, Toyota Land Cruiser, or Land Rover LR- 3. After owning it for over a year, I was sort of right-- the Sequoia is a dream for family trips with lots of luggage. But, we only do those a 2-3 times a year! The Sequoia is nice for carting kids and sports equipment around, but a smaller SUV could do that too (though with the Seqouia, large/long items like skis and bikes can just be put inside without concern). In sum, it's just a bit too big for my taste and 99%-of-the-time needs. Family loves it though.

Space for long family trips; rear DVD; adjustable and wide second row; comfortable on highway

I have almost given up using the nav system -- it's so cumbersome compared to the one in my Audi A6; the dashboard plastic is thin and cheap (glove box is shockingly bad); Toyota should try to make the next one less long and not as tall (reduce size/width of hood, e.g.); engine is too rough/course.

Interstate Cruiser
By navintel

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

The Sequoia is a great interstate cruiser, comfortable,easy to drive and plenty of power when you need it. Plenty of room for people and cargo and got 21.1 mpg going from Delaware to AZ. I have taken it off-road several times with no problems.

Great engine and the 6-speed trans is excellent for long distance driving.The engine loafs at 75 mph...

For a vehicle that listed at $39,000,it should have lights on the vanity mirrors.

Best Large SUV out there.
By mg

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

If you have a chance to drive this, please do. I found it much more enjoyable and responsive than any of the large SUVs out there. I know Toyota has been hit with reliability issues, but it is Toyota...they will resolve it. I hope to drive this thing to the ground...and should be able too, but right now I only put about 4000 miles a year on this beast.

The bluetooth handsfree phone. The streering wheel also just feels right.

Better visibility for the side view mirrors. I wish they just put the larger Tundra mirrors on it or the Ford crew cab like mirrors. I added 2 small blind sport mirrors to improve the visibility

Great for travel and always reliable
By AJC

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is a nice ride even on rough roads. The 4WD allows me to get in and out of just about anywhere. Great for travel and always reliable. I owned a land rover before this and I only miss the heated front windshield. This has more plastic than my 06 which makes the interior look cheep for a SUV of this price. The seats in my 06 are more comfortable for a small person...especially on the passengers side.

Driving Experience.

Heated front windshield-standard. Get rid of all the plastic. The seats are terrible for small people.

• SUV