2008 Toyota Sequoia Consumer Reviews 2

2008 Toyota Sequoia - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:
Interstate Cruiser
By navintel on 04/19/10 11:24 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

The Sequoia is a great interstate cruiser, comfortable,easy to drive and plenty of power when you need it. Plenty of room for people and cargo and got 21.1 mpg going from Delaware to AZ. I have taken it off-road several times with no problems.

Best Large SUV out there.
By mg on 04/16/10 12:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

If you have a chance to drive this, please do. I found it much more enjoyable and responsive than any of the large SUVs out there. I know Toyota has been hit with reliability issues, but it is Toyota...they will resolve it. I hope to drive this thing to the ground...and should be able too, but right now I only put about 4000 miles a year on this beast.

Great for travel and always reliable
By AJC on 02/07/10 13:20 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is a nice ride even on rough roads. The 4WD allows me to get in and out of just about anywhere. Great for travel and always reliable. I owned a land rover before this and I only miss the heated front windshield. This has more plastic than my 06 which makes the interior look cheep for a SUV of this price. The seats in my 06 are more comfortable for a small person...especially on the passengers side.

Towed 9000lb boat 4000 miles
By culross on 01/27/10 14:46 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Purchased my Sequoia used w/ 7K miles. Now, at 20K miles, the car still functions like new. Towed 9000 lb boat/trailer from south California to Alaska without any problems whatsoever. This SUV was able to accelerate up even the steepest mountain passes with the boat in tow. Very impressive. Now it allows me to take 6 other people along for fishing trips.

Big Beast
By LGreen on 11/29/09 18:28 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

First the bad news - -I can't say I "love" the Sequoia. I'd rather be driving a Cayenne or a Land Rover Sport, or a BMW M5. But, with a big family, pets, nanny, and loads of sporting events and gear, the Sequoia does what it's asked to do, with ease. The Sequoia really proved itself, in my mind, just a few weeks after we bought it (used, with 20K miles) -- we drove it over 500 miles with kids to South Carolina. The kids didn't peep or complain once -- not a single time! They were comfortable, enjoyed the view out, with their own climate control and multiple cup holders, not to mention the excellent rear DVD system. I've also taken it offroad a few times and it's been fine.

2008 Sequoia
By SRJ on 11/20/09 09:52 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Lots of power and much more room than the Tahoe. Ride is very good for a "truck". A little too much plastic for a $50K car.

By Bob on 10/07/09 07:30 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia Platinum 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

After putting on over 20000 miles since purchase, I wanted to state that this vehicle is still enjoyable to operate. The vehicle still "feels" new and has not given us any problems. We use it to travel extensively around the country attending basketball tournaments that my granddaughter plays in. Always comfortable for the occupants and plenty of room for the gear.

Awesome SUV
By Tommy2tone on 09/22/09 18:30 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia Platinum 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Have had my 2008 Platinum 2 years now and I'm truly as happy with it as the day I bought it. Sure, it's pricey (I still can't get over my $850 mo. payment) but there is nothing on the road that even compares with it. If it had a Lexus badge (which it should) no one would even question it. It has plenty of power, an awesome transmission that never misses and is extremely comfortable.I love when my friends who have Lexus, Mercedes and one last week who has a Land Rover, get in and look around then say "This is nice- what car is this"? The Platinum series is that nice! It's the best overall car I've owned. Oh yeah the Navigation- IT STINKS! drives me crazy! Get a TOMTOM for the dash.

Love My Sequoia
By Serious Consumer on 09/11/09 05:52 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia Platinum 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have had this SUV for over a year now and am just as pleased with it now as when I first bought it. The best vehicle purchase I have ever made. I love everything about this vehicle! I love the design, performance, comfort, everything.

A Vast Improvement Over Previous Model
By rmgator90 on 09/05/09 10:07 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have had for a couple of months now and it has operated flawlessly. I had an 06 and liked it, but felt it was not as safe as I would like it to be. This has all the safety whistles that I need, plus it is a MUCH smoother, quiet, and comfortable drive. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking to buy a large SUV. I have a friend who has an Escalade, and he prefers my Toyota. Averaging about 18 MPG on mostly highway driving.