Used 2008 Toyota Sequoia Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Sequoia - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:

Great but a couple problems
By tmaracle

2008 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

We like this truck. I am encountering some issues. I added the running boards with LED's underneath that light up when the door is opened. The dealership is fixing them for the third time because the wires got corroded at the connection. It is not a water proof connector, bad design. I now also have a leaking oil pan. It appears to be the valve seal that is faulty because the hose and pan are oily. Hopefully the dealership will fix both issues under the extended warranty. So far they told me the light bulbs are not covered. LED's are not light bulbs, they are diodes that rarely fail. This is an electrical issue. Is anyone else having problems. Albeit, these seem to be minor.

This is a great overall vehicle. I like the hands free, the sound quality of the stereo. It drives great, handles great and is relatively good on gas for its size.

Better connectors and wiring for LED's on running boards. Better valve seals in the oil pan. Bluetooth needs noise reduction features and maybe a better location of the microphone.

Good Family Vehicle
By mwaltjr17

2008 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Bought this to replace a Buick Enclave. There is a ton of room in second row, and third row (with second row seats moved forward). I love being able to independently move each seat in the second row. It handles much better than other vehicles its size. We are very happy with this purchase.

Interior is terrific. Lots of storage options and cargo space. Very capable in bad weather. Power third row is very nice.

I'd like the ability to add more than one phone to the bluetooth. Nav maps need an update. Quick release on the middle seat (2nd row).

Love our Sequoia!
By Sequoia Rocks

2008 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

So, let me start by saying we have a 2004 Toyota 4Runner, with 130,000 miles. We have NEVER had any issues with it and it drives like the day we drove it off the new car lot. Since then, we've had 3 girls and grown to a family of 5 and needed something new. So, we made a mistake. We bought a Acura MDX. Sold it. Bought a Cadillac Escalade. Sold it. Finally came back to our first love Toyota and found the Sequoia used with 44k. In short, this thing is now a member of the family. Yes, Toyota hit a rough spot, but they are still Toyota. They will recover and the 2008 Toyota Sequoia has exceeded ALL expectations. Not enough time to list all the things we love. Find one used, buy it.

So quiet, so tight, so big, so perfect, love the Sequoia!

Seats could be more comfortable, that is truly my only suggestion. Get a freakin' pad, this thing is OUTSTANDING!

Love our Sequoia
By B&C

2008 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

We debated on a mini-van, but wanted a larger 4wd. We looked at all the full size SUV's and chose the Sequoia that we purchased through a broker with 15,000 mi. It's an SR5, but loaded with almost every option available. Of course the mileage is horrible, but if you can get past that fact, you will love this SUV. It accelerates as good or better than my Mercedes E320. I have had 5 full size guys with 5 bikes and even my 6'3" buddy was comfortable in the 3rd row. We are very happy. On road trips we average around 18 mph. We put in an aftermarket DVD - if this is a requirement, get one with the factory DVD, aftermarket will not work with factory BT, poor steering wheel connections, etc.

Power, large, very comfortable seats, comfortable on the road and very fun to drive.

Nothing that I can think of.

Good all around value
By tommyk

2008 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I forget I am in a large vehicle most of the time. It has a silky smooth drive train with an amazing amount of power should you need it. I wish the ride was a bit smoother, but what can one expect from a vehicle with a tow rating of 10,000 lbs? I get good mileage on the highway, I get about 20 mpg if I keep it at or below 65 mph and around town about 15. I have only had one little problem with it and that was a bad O-ring on the dipstick tube that needed to be replaced. Other than that it has been a star.

traction and stability control. I love the sonar system for heads-up control for tight maneuvering.

I wish it had a AWD setting.

• SUV