Used 2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Sequoia - Consumer Reviews

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:

This Central Texas Family loves our LTD.
By CourtneyL

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

We've had our Sequoia since July 08, approximately 5 months. We are a family of 4. My husband, myself, and our two children both under 4years. We purchased the limited, black exterior with tan interior. Our sequoia has everything except for nav and dvd. Things we love: interior roominess- we can fit two carseats, and a full sized adult in the second and third rows. This never happened in our old suv. All three rows recline. In the second row, each seat moves individually. So if the middle person wants to recline, they can do so without bothering the other two riders. My husband now wants to trade his corolla S for a similar riding Tundra!

Favorite Features

Window screens, light adjusting mirrors, power liftgate, power folding seats, reclining 3 rows, low tire pressure alert, roominess!, cupholders everywhere, get up and go!

Suggested Improvements

Memory seating should be standard on a $49k vehicle. Mine does not have this. That is it, I'm otherwise very satisfied!

Big SUV, drives like a sedan
By soonersok

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

When I first looked at the new Sequoias I thought that they would drive like a monster, however, when I test drove it, it was so smooth and the transmission shifted without me even noticing it. You could tell that this vehicle was well engineered and geared towards people who want a large SUV but without the "truck like" feel to it. The Sequoia is driven primarily by my wife but I always find excuses to drive it on the weekends and we do all of our trips in it. Its a great vehicle and I strongly recommend it.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is the 5.7L engine, it's very powerful but sophisticated, along with the 6-speed auto transmission.

Suggested Improvements

The front end styling looks a little bit like a cousin of the Dodge Ram, I would rather Toyota stay somewhat "vanilla" than go extreme to a look a like. Besides that, great SUV.

Excellent SUV
By Tommy

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I use the Sequoia for business and family travel. The family travel is primarily to horse shows. We pull a two horse trailer with two horses and the Sequoia does a great job of pulling 5,000 pounds. It also has plenty of room for our tack and provisions for the trip. The ride is extremely comfortable for all passengers.

Favorite Features

The Sequoia is the most comfortable and quietest ride of any vehicle I have owned.

Suggested Improvements

Climate controls could be easier to manage and closer to the driver. I find myself taking my eyes off the road too long to make changes.

Great family vehicle
By Bear1

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

If you need room for a large family, enjoy traveling in silent comfort at barely legal speeds, and do not worry about a high gas bill, this is the vehicle for you. Seems readily apparent that the Lexus engineers had a hand in designing all aspects of this versatile family hauler.

Favorite Features

Room, power, power fold-flat 3rd row seats, and more room.

Suggested Improvements

Rear seat DVD entertainment system not up to par with a vehicle of the caliber.

Nice family SUV
By Anthony

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This family SUV is very nice. I traded my 03 Sequoia which I like. What I like the most is the safety features this vehicle have and off course the 5.7L engine very responsive and fun to drive. It is also more roomier cargo especially if you have the 3rd row folded.

Favorite Features

Sonar parking, 3rd row seat fully fold down, 5.7L engine, and of course Toyota reliability.

Suggested Improvements

NONE