2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:
Traded in the 2001 for the 2008 Sequoia
By HRM on 02/17/08 19:59 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I traded in my 2001 Limited for the 2008 Limited. After months of agony deciding if I should switch from a Toyota to a Lincoln Navigator I ended up sticking with the same car again. Same color and all. My neighbors were rather confused. I'd purchased the 2001 when they first came out and after 7 years had absolutely no major problems with the car so I decided to stick with the new 2008 model. I've had it a few days and love it. Although I must admit it feels fairly larger to drive, kinda like you're in tank or a cockpit, but you get used to it quickly. Price is much higher than before but guess you gotta pay for more automation, i.e., nav, theatre system, power hatch and seats.

Fine For Me
By Silver Man on 02/13/08 18:00 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Seeing that this is my first SUV purchase it was well worth it! I test drove the Tahoe. I wasnt feeling it at all. The Expedition just didnt look appealing to me either. Once I saw the Sequioa. I fell in love with it. Once I drove it I knew this was the truck for me. My wife who drives a Honda Accord even likes the way it handles. Im 6`4 so its just fine with me!!! Thank you Toyota for getting it right!!

2008 Toyota Sequoia
By Toyota 4everVB on 02/11/08 09:09 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

We have been driving Toyotas since 1990. They are the most dependable vehicles in this planet! We still drive our 1998 4 runner and have never had any problems! We traded in our 2006 Tacoma for the 2008 Sequoia because it rides like a luxury car. We feel safe in it will all the airbags! This is the way to go! I love what Toyota does for me and my family!

New Platinum Silver luxo rocket!
By John on 02/10/08 06:31 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Platinum 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Love it! Wow, my wife and I purchased this after our 04 Armada, which had its share of problems but was overall a real nice vehicle for us for the last several years. The new Sequoia seems larger inside, yet fits inside the garage just a bit better, maybe because of rounded corners. The outside style takes some getting used to regarding the hood and front bumper. Without the front sensors, I wouldn't have a clue where the corners are. Between the beeping sensors and great quality rear backup camera, I haven't hit anything yet.

2008 Sequoia
By snugabug on 02/08/08 21:29 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

We absolutely love our new Sequoia! We had a 2005 4Runner that was fine, but we now have 2 1/2 year old twins along with a 65 pound lab and definitely wanted more space everywhere within a new vehicle. My husband and I are truly die-hard Toyota fans, and were waiting for the new Sequoias to arrive. We are extremely pleased with the way it rides, the comfort of all the seats and were really impressed with how easy it was to actually drive. We both thought it may, for the lack of a better description, "float" as you drove it. However, it is very easy and fun to drive. It provides tons of space and just enough gadgets to keep everyone happy.

Had a 2001 Sequoia SR5, time to upgrade
By jd08limited on 01/28/08 14:09 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Had a 01 Sequoia SR5 and loved it, but wanted to upgrade to the limited. Drove an 07 and then the 08 and that was it, we were sold. The power difference, ride control, steering feel, and did I say power difference was night and day. Once we saw the fold flat 2nd & 3rd row seats, we knew we had to get it as we hated to have to always take out and put back the 3rd row seats from our first Sequoia.

Nice Upgrade
By Bob on 01/22/08 18:32 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Platinum 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Traded in a 2005 Sequoia for a this. Bigger seats, wider vehicle and improved gas mileage with the 5.7. Drives great, lots of toys, liked the 2005, but this is definately an upgrade.

New owner
By Bob on 01/21/08 12:42 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I traded my 2004 Sequoia in for this 2008 Limited 4WD and so far really like the 2008. In town and interstate driving I average 15mpg. I love the six speed on the console and down shift alot to save brakes and it is very simple to do. The 381HP is smooth and more than enough power. The transmission is very smooth shifting. I liked my 2004 so much I was a little hesitant to trade, but I wouldn't go back now that I have had this 2008 for three weeks. Room out the kazoo. The turning radius is great, three foot less than my 2004.

Best SUV on the road
By David on 01/15/08 21:24 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is the best full size suv on the market today. Buy the 5.7 380 plus HP engine for the incredible acceleration and the better gas mileage than the 4.7 litre. The interior in the limited is awesome, with illuminated dash similar to Lexus and hands free bluetooth phone system. The truck rides like a Bentley for 1/4 the cost.

Was looking for a SUV that tows
By Robert on 01/08/08 08:42 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Needed something larger and wanted to be able to tow about 7000 lbs. This looked to be the right mix, but we had concern over first year and whether it was all it appeared on paper. Was looking at either an Expedition, Armada, or the new Sequoia. The Seq rear axle is all new and very capable but new design for Toy and a little concerning, so I hope for the best there. But we think we made the right choice. Power is very smooth and ample for this huge SUV. It is wider then a Suburban. Drives sturdy and handles very well. Brakes stop very well. Very quiet engine compared to the other SUVs in class.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.