2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:
Like It Better Than I Thought I Would!
By AngiS on 04/24/08 16:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I turned in my BMW X5 SAV and needed a vehicle with a 3rd row of seats that would accommodate someone older than 10. I searched for about two months and finally decided on the 2008 Sequoia Limited. I don't love the changed front end (too Tundra-ish), but I love the interior - from the 2nd row Captain's chairs to the power 3rd row roomy bench seat. I upgraded a few things (especially love the woodgrain dash upgrade - makes it infinitely classier looking) and am very pleased that I purchased this vehicle. I truly enjoy it a lot more than I thought I would. I love it!

Smooth, powerful, and fun
By Tickled Texan on 04/11/08 18:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

We chose the 2008 Sequoia because of the fold-flat 3rd row seating and the reliability of Toyota. The 4WD and sport-shift were invaluable on our recent trip to CO, especially during the snow storm at Wolf Creek Pass and on the many unimproved back roads. The 5.7L V8 is remarkably powerful and smooth. The headrest DVD system is great. Very roomy and very comfortable and very quiet, small turning radius, feels safe and solid. We average 16.6 mpg daily driving. I now look forward to driving each day. I'm surprised there isn't more buzz about this car - it is fabulous!

Second Sequoia the best
By D Harper on 04/09/08 15:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Platinum 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I traded in my 2006 Sequoia for the 2008 Platinum additon. The ride is so much better than the older version and their interior refinements have entered the modern market with competitiors like Lexus, BMW, Lincoln. It gets much better mileage than the old one and all around a much more civilized vehicle.

Positive first impression
By Flying Fish on 03/26/08 18:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Very pleased with the first month of ownership of the new Sequoia. Traded 2nd of two Navigators owned for improved reliability and equal towing capacity. Early highway mileage is 22mph @ 65 mph; overall highway and around town averaging 17mpg on regular gas. Cargo area same size as Navigator. I purchased the Limited edition and added running lights, power rear door,backup camera. The Platinum edition requires 20 in. low profile tires which ride harder and are more difficult to balance. Nav system was too far away to safely use while driving and I have my own Nuvi I like better. With the Limited you lose memory seats. Toyota needs to unbundle 18 inch wheels, memory seats, nav, offer options.

Great vehicle
By Jeff F on 03/22/08 13:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Great vehicle for a family looking for a lot of room and features. Great ride, great power. Everything is where it should be.

Love it
By Chris on 03/13/08 18:28 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I wanted a large SUV I could pack full of stuff including the kids for long trips. About a year ago when I heard the Sequoia was going to be redesigned for this year I held off my purchase and decided to see what the ’08 had to offer. I’m glad I did because I absolutely love it. In fact the whole family does. I’ve already taken it on a 1200 mile road trip and it was a joy to drive (as much as a 19 hour dive can be with two kids). We were able to load up the back with the 3rd row down and there was still room for the kids to sit in the second row. There was even enough room between the car seats for my wife to sit between them when needed.

Great all around SUV
By EEC on 03/02/08 10:44 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Drives like a dream come true. I am very surprised at the drive ablity / size. Make no mistake this a big, smooth and powerful SUV. It is smooth in parking lots as well on the interstates. Its power & braking are great. It is quiet. The sound system, backup camera, & GPS are great. The reason the driver has a hard time reaching the dash is because the cab is so roomy. This is a great ride if you want luxury w/ plenty of pulling power. For almost 6,000 lbs. & the power it has, it gets great gas mileage. Thanks Toyota you did a great job.

SUV comparison
By Olivas on 03/01/08 19:39 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned over 7 SUVs since 1998 and have found that this Toyota Sequoia is the best driving one of all. The turning radius is the smallest of all. The safety features and navigation system only add to the value one gets with this vehicle. The technology is mind boggling. The blue tooth cell phone aspect allows the driver to answer thier phone on the steering wheel with out ever having to reach for the cell phone. Caller ID shows up on the nav system screen. The rear camera allows the driver to see whats there and the sensors keep you from running into things. I strongly recomend this vehicle to people who are concerned with safety and reliability.

Love My Sequoia
By JIm on 02/21/08 11:31 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I traded in my 04 Durango for the Sequoia. This truck is amazing. Rides and tows excellent. It was well worth the wait! It was way more than I expected!

My new sequoia
By Joel Conrad on 02/19/08 08:29 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Have owned the vehicle for one month. Have driven across country and found the vehicle to be great on the road. Actually encountered blizzard conditions one day in Canada and the vehicle was terrific in the difficult driving conditions. So far I am very satisfied with the SUV. The only issue that I have is I could not order exactly the vehicle that I wanted.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.