Used 2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Consumer Reviews - 120 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:

Silky Smooth
By hisenberg

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Platinum 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

We drove our new Sequoia to Sequoia National Park for our first outing with the new vehicle. During this drive, we experienced driving in city, open freeway, mountain roads and icy roads. The entire drive was very smooth. The 6-speed automatic engine was far better than our previous 4-speed domestic luxury SUV. It handled very well in all conditions. The interior of the car has more "plastic" than I normally like. Needs a little more wood trim and some plastic mouldings are loose. Navigation system was excellent. The ride with the air suspension was very comfortable and the steering wheel was steady over all the bumps.

Navigation system is outstanding along with the integrated bluetooth phone.

Platinum only comes with 2nd row captain's chairs. I'd prefer to have a full 40/20/40 bench which would be much more versatile. HID headlights should be standard (not the halogen's that come equipped with the high end Platinum Edition).

Love My Big Luxury Toy
By DC

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Platinum 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have had my Sequoia about two months. I went all out. Got the red- rock leather interior, navigation, DVDs in the headrest, etc. My family and I love this SUV. The ride is so smooth and quiet. The leg room for all seats is wonderful. Love the heated and cooled seats. I think once you play around with the navigation it gets easier to control.

I love everything.

Nothing.

Disappointed
By Not satisfied

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

We traded our 2002 Suburban for the Sequoia in Jan., 2008. With three kids and three dogs, we loved the automatic third row and hatch. It drives and parks like a dream. Within 6 months, tho, the a/c smelled like mildew. After four LENGTHY visits to the dealership who found mildew on the filter, multiple calls to Toyota (we purchased the extended warranty), we are extremely dissatisfied with the "customer service." There is a constant clicking noise under the cage, the hatch does not close all the way, and the dealer could not solve any of the problems. The navigational system cuts off when driving so passengers cannot enter the info. Our TomTom is more well designed.

Fun to drive; comfortable seats, good lumbar support, easy to park, great pick-up, lousy gas mileage (worse than Suburban). Not as luxurious as the Infiniti or Lexus, but more so than the Honda Pilot & Suburban,

Revamp the navigational system so that at least a passenger can operate it. Offer a softer shade of white or prettier colors. Research the dealership if you decide to purchase this vehicle and do not purchase the extended warranty. It limits who can work on the vehicle regardless of what they say.

almost perfect
By Mencken

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have had the vehicle for over six months now, and it is flawlessly executed, and easy to drive smoothly, even if it never hides its size. But there is a glaring flaw that might get me to return it when the lease is over: Cargo space. You buy a big vehicle like this if you have a big family, so the third row is always in use. Cargo space is minuscule behind that row, barely a foot of floor, with the seatback angling back, taking away space as you move up. If the vehicle were 18 inches longer, all of it in the trunk, it would be perfect for its mission.

Tight turning circle, powerful engine, smooth operation of 4WD system, transmission performs very well.

No. 1-10: Cargo space is pitiful for this segment. 11. Stereo a little sloppy/boomy 12. Plastic surfaces hard to the touch.

Stand-out Performer
By cb4life

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

We bought the Toyota Sequoia Limited (4WD) to replace a 2006 Land Rover LR3 HSE. We have not regretted it. Pros: Strong engine, quiet/smooth ride, reclining seats throughout vehicle, window shades, leg room for adults in all seats. Cons: Navigation system is not user- friendly, radio controls are hard to reach (have to stretch while driving). Kids love legroom and reclining seats. Wife loves safety feeling, power rear hatch, and power. I love flexibility for storage and comfort on road trips.

Heated seats, reclining seats in all rows, turn signals in mirrors, bluetooth connection for phone, backup camera.

Make navigation system more user- friendly and easier to reach. Try to squeeze out a little bit more gas mileage (3mpg) but it is not necessary. This is already the best SUV out there!