2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:
Love our Sequoia!
By Sequoia Rocks on 09/02/10 19:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

So, let me start by saying we have a 2004 Toyota 4Runner, with 130,000 miles. We have NEVER had any issues with it and it drives like the day we drove it off the new car lot. Since then, we've had 3 girls and grown to a family of 5 and needed something new. So, we made a mistake. We bought a Acura MDX. Sold it. Bought a Cadillac Escalade. Sold it. Finally came back to our first love Toyota and found the Sequoia used with 44k. In short, this thing is now a member of the family. Yes, Toyota hit a rough spot, but they are still Toyota. They will recover and the 2008 Toyota Sequoia has exceeded ALL expectations. Not enough time to list all the things we love. Find one used, buy it.

Good all around value
By tommyk on 08/25/10 20:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I forget I am in a large vehicle most of the time. It has a silky smooth drive train with an amazing amount of power should you need it. I wish the ride was a bit smoother, but what can one expect from a vehicle with a tow rating of 10,000 lbs? I get good mileage on the highway, I get about 20 mpg if I keep it at or below 65 mph and around town about 15. I have only had one little problem with it and that was a bad O-ring on the dipstick tube that needed to be replaced. Other than that it has been a star.

WORST Toyota
By masterdoc on 07/04/10 06:43 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Now with 34,000 miles, plastic trim falling inside and outside, rubber insulation on tailgate peeled off, engine with wheezing noise in the dash that 3 dealers can't find a solution for it, awful! Dealer interaction - bad - my other cars are 2008 Mercedes CLS, 2010 Audi S5 and 2005 Hummer H2 - by far this is the worst automotive I have owned! Planning to trade it in for either MB GL320TDI or Audi Q7 this fall! Even the recall repair required 2 visits! I guess the golden era for Toyota is over!

A Vast Improvement Over Previous Model
By rmgator90 on 09/05/09 10:07 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have had for a couple of months now and it has operated flawlessly. I had an 06 and liked it, but felt it was not as safe as I would like it to be. This has all the safety whistles that I need, plus it is a MUCH smoother, quiet, and comfortable drive. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking to buy a large SUV. I have a friend who has an Escalade, and he prefers my Toyota. Averaging about 18 MPG on mostly highway driving.

Great SUV
By Oh8Limited on 07/19/09 20:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Our family bought this truck this month. We took a 4 hour trip to another city, very comfortable ride, responsive steering, also a quiet ride for the size. For as big as is it, it drives like a smaller SUV.

Nicer than the 1st
By 9 year owner on 06/08/09 09:32 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I bought my 2001 Sequoia SR5 when they first came out, put 210,000 miles on it and was sad to trade it in on my new 2008 Limited in May of 2009. With gas prices going up we were actually looking for a smaller SUV but kept saying "we could get another Sequoia for that price". We bought our 2008 off the lot for the same price we paid for our 2001 SR5. We have already traveled 600 miles to 2 Lacrosse tournaments with 3 young men, gear and everyone loves it. We didn't like the new design at first but with the optional 20" wheels it is really starting to grow on us. The ride quality and the quiet interior are in a category of a much more expensive vehicle.

Great Family Vehicle
By Jonathan on 04/19/09 15:54 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I was interested in the Sequoia before the redesign, and after seeing the new 2008's it moved to top of my list. We got the Limited edition and added the dual headrest DVDs with 2nd Row bucket seats. I could not be more happy with this car. It is primarily my wife's and she goes on and on about how much she loves driving this car. It has an incredible turning radius for a car of its size and drives very quiet and smooth. For long trips, the ride, the navigation, and the rear DVDs make traveling with our 3 year old and 3 month old a breeze.

2008 Sequoia Warranty Repair@763 miles?
By PIF on 03/16/09 17:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I only had the vehicle for 763 miles before a metal piece dropped on the floor as I adjusted my steering column. Now the steering column moves up and down, and can not lock into place. The service people wanted me to wait 2-3 weeks for an appointment. Would you drive a car like that? I said no. Toyota Quality?

Lovin' the Sequoia
By LuvSequoia on 02/16/09 18:10 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I chose the Sequoia because I did the research and read a lot of comments posted on this very website. I am very pleased with the Limited 4X2. The ride is what I expected, but even better. I love the turning radius, when once was disappointed with the Tundra radius. The Sequoia is very sleek in it's interior design. It is very spacious and love the tri-climate control. Gas mileage is about 16-18 hwy. The body is huge and the front end takes some getting use to when it comes to parking. I am very happy I went with an SUV, as a long time truck person, I am pleased.

Super Sequoia
By Bill on 02/04/09 17:34 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Needed large SUV so we drove Expedition, Tahoe, and Sequoia. Great deals on all. Features very similar but the quality and execution of the Sequoia is superb. This vehicle is designed to Lexus standards and it shows. Engine is strong and trans is great. Fast, quiet and both my wife and I are fighting to take it. Just had six in it and they all loved it. Drives like a smaller vehicle and is easy to park.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Toyota Sequoia Suv in WA is:

$162 per month*