2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:
Love my new Sequoia
By capnjackflash on 01/25/09 09:54 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Platinum 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

2008 Sequoia Platinum, slate w/ red rock interior, laser cruise and DRL the only options. I've already filled it with stuff twice and am amazed at how much fits with rearview mirror still usable. Interior reconfiguration is so simple and easy. 400 lb-ft of torque is always evident and handling is surprisingly good in the sport mode. In soft mode, 85 on a smooth interstate feels like 70. The seating position and front visibility are great, but there are blind spots behind the large front pillars. You get the same huge center console as the Tundra, designed for people using their truck as an office.

Silky Smooth
By hisenberg on 01/21/09 18:44 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Platinum 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

We drove our new Sequoia to Sequoia National Park for our first outing with the new vehicle. During this drive, we experienced driving in city, open freeway, mountain roads and icy roads. The entire drive was very smooth. The 6-speed automatic engine was far better than our previous 4-speed domestic luxury SUV. It handled very well in all conditions. The interior of the car has more "plastic" than I normally like. Needs a little more wood trim and some plastic mouldings are loose. Navigation system was excellent. The ride with the air suspension was very comfortable and the steering wheel was steady over all the bumps.

Love My Big Luxury Toy
By DC on 01/14/09 21:36 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Platinum 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have had my Sequoia about two months. I went all out. Got the red- rock leather interior, navigation, DVDs in the headrest, etc. My family and I love this SUV. The ride is so smooth and quiet. The leg room for all seats is wonderful. Love the heated and cooled seats. I think once you play around with the navigation it gets easier to control.

Best overall large SUV. Hands down winner
By Costa Rica For Me on 12/11/08 13:11 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Platinum 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I've been a truck/suv guy all my life. When it became time to "put down" my Chevy Suburban I began diligent research to find it's replacement. Without question this is the best large SUV all around for the money. Go ahead and shop Chevy, Ford, Caddy, GMC, M.Benz and most importantly DRIVE THEM. Toyota has them all beat in quality and reliability and performance. While M.Benz has an edge on interior luxury, it lacks in ALL other categories when compared. Sequoia is unbeatable as a family vehicle, especially if you plan to take long trips or tow a boat or camper. What it lacks in the "bling" factor it more than makes up for in the "cha-ching" factor--financially it makes good sense.

Best Suv Ever
By Sodhi on 12/10/08 18:36 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Platinum 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

By far this is the best SUV on the market not just for the buck but for the features. So much interior room. The platinum edition feels like owning a Lexus with out the huge payment.

Toyota's done it again!
By BOB on 08/26/08 11:19 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Platinum 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Owned a '97 4 runner and was extremely pleased, but needed something bigger to carry family to and from AAU Girls National basketball tournaments. Looked at all the competition and frankly they were no match for the Sequoia, in my opinion. The interior design and comfort is far superior to all the others especially in the rear seating area. The buckets in the second row are fully adjustable and also recline which made it great for the rear passengers. Not difficult to handle around town and it's performance is well, outstanding. Recent long trip,passengers were very comfortable. Gas mileage low, but not why most will buy this vehicle. The Platinum has all the goodies,add entertainment system

The luxury SUV
By pillai on 08/18/08 11:45 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Platinum 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Wanted a lux SUV for kids n stuff. Drove all the rest from cad to H2, infiniti, MB and chose this hands down. Supple smooth and quiet ride with lots of power. Although the Toyota doesn't have bling factor, it is true luxo where it counts - ride, handling smoothness and over all great use of interior space. Very comfortable 2nd and 3rd rows and easy to get into 3rd row. Overall our family is very happy with our choice of this comfortable fun and functional SUV.

Wow
By Chop on 04/30/08 18:53 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Platinum 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

If you want a Sequoia, it is here. This has all the bells and whistles you could want. Road trips are just easier these days. Enjoy the Lazer cruise control, the XM radio, cooling seats (more like a breeze). Just a better product than my '06. Love the red-stone interior. Although the second row captain chairs are so-so, I would have preferred the bench style which is not available in the Platinum model.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Toyota Sequoia Suv in WA is:

$162 per month*