2008 Toyota Sequoia - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:
Good Family Vehicle
By mwaltjr17 on 03/01/11 06:10 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Bought this to replace a Buick Enclave. There is a ton of room in second row, and third row (with second row seats moved forward). I love being able to independently move each seat in the second row. It handles much better than other vehicles its size. We are very happy with this purchase.

A beast
By kbert on 06/09/10 22:34 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I traded in a station wagon to get the Sequoia. With 3 kids, a spouse, a nanny, and a dog, I figured we really needed something bigger than mid- size/large SUVs like the M-B GL, Toyota Land Cruiser, or Land Rover LR- 3. After owning it for over a year, I was sort of right-- the Sequoia is a dream for family trips with lots of luggage. But, we only do those a 2-3 times a year! The Sequoia is nice for carting kids and sports equipment around, but a smaller SUV could do that too (though with the Seqouia, large/long items like skis and bikes can just be put inside without concern). In sum, it's just a bit too big for my taste and 99%-of-the-time needs. Family loves it though.

Best Large SUV out there.
By mg on 04/16/10 12:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

If you have a chance to drive this, please do. I found it much more enjoyable and responsive than any of the large SUVs out there. I know Toyota has been hit with reliability issues, but it is Toyota...they will resolve it. I hope to drive this thing to the ground...and should be able too, but right now I only put about 4000 miles a year on this beast.

Towed 9000lb boat 4000 miles
By culross on 01/27/10 14:46 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Purchased my Sequoia used w/ 7K miles. Now, at 20K miles, the car still functions like new. Towed 9000 lb boat/trailer from south California to Alaska without any problems whatsoever. This SUV was able to accelerate up even the steepest mountain passes with the boat in tow. Very impressive. Now it allows me to take 6 other people along for fishing trips.

Big Beast
By LGreen on 11/29/09 18:28 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

First the bad news - -I can't say I "love" the Sequoia. I'd rather be driving a Cayenne or a Land Rover Sport, or a BMW M5. But, with a big family, pets, nanny, and loads of sporting events and gear, the Sequoia does what it's asked to do, with ease. The Sequoia really proved itself, in my mind, just a few weeks after we bought it (used, with 20K miles) -- we drove it over 500 miles with kids to South Carolina. The kids didn't peep or complain once -- not a single time! They were comfortable, enjoyed the view out, with their own climate control and multiple cup holders, not to mention the excellent rear DVD system. I've also taken it offroad a few times and it's been fine.

Love my Sequoia
By Warrant_ero on 06/11/09 13:07 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Just bought our Limited 4x4 Sequoia on 1 Jun. Love driving the big beast. For a big rig it drives like a small car. MPG been around 17 city/highway combined. The interior is nice although I would think there would be less plastic. Very quiet when on the road, love all the power. Looking forward to many great years of service.

Room for Improvement
By Guffey Time on 05/21/09 06:27 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

We live in a very rural area on dirt roads. We were amazed at how this vehicle allows the dust to come in. The rattles in the car are very irritating. The bluetooth does NOT work. The person on the other end says that it sounds like you are in a tunnel and cannot hear. Toyota cannot fix the problems! The towing is amazing which is the only reason I am keeping the car. You pay 52000 for a car, you expect a little more - not dust and rattles.

2008 Sequoia Limited with all Options
By Luv2Dive on 04/10/09 02:19 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Traded in my wife's Ford Explorer Sport for the Sequoia Limited 4wd, and it was the best thing we ever did. Before purchasing the 2008 Sequoia, we test drove the Escalade, Tahoe, 2006 Sequoia and Expedition XL for a weekend each, and the 2008 Sequoia was the clear winner. The Sequoia ride quality and handling ability is excellent... even in 4 wheel drive. Our regular ski trips to Lake Tahoe have been a lot more comfortable and fun, since we got the Sequoia.

Disappointed
By Not satisfied on 01/14/09 17:49 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

We traded our 2002 Suburban for the Sequoia in Jan., 2008. With three kids and three dogs, we loved the automatic third row and hatch. It drives and parks like a dream. Within 6 months, tho, the a/c smelled like mildew. After four LENGTHY visits to the dealership who found mildew on the filter, multiple calls to Toyota (we purchased the extended warranty), we are extremely dissatisfied with the "customer service." There is a constant clicking noise under the cage, the hatch does not close all the way, and the dealer could not solve any of the problems. The navigational system cuts off when driving so passengers cannot enter the info. Our TomTom is more well designed.

Stand-out Performer
By cb4life on 12/17/08 16:52 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

We bought the Toyota Sequoia Limited (4WD) to replace a 2006 Land Rover LR3 HSE. We have not regretted it. Pros: Strong engine, quiet/smooth ride, reclining seats throughout vehicle, window shades, leg room for adults in all seats. Cons: Navigation system is not user- friendly, radio controls are hard to reach (have to stretch while driving). Kids love legroom and reclining seats. Wife loves safety feeling, power rear hatch, and power. I love flexibility for storage and comfort on road trips.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.