Used 2008 Toyota Sequoia Limited Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Sequoia - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:

Love our Sequoia!
By Sequoia Rocks

2008 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

So, let me start by saying we have a 2004 Toyota 4Runner, with 130,000 miles. We have NEVER had any issues with it and it drives like the day we drove it off the new car lot. Since then, we've had 3 girls and grown to a family of 5 and needed something new. So, we made a mistake. We bought a Acura MDX. Sold it. Bought a Cadillac Escalade. Sold it. Finally came back to our first love Toyota and found the Sequoia used with 44k. In short, this thing is now a member of the family. Yes, Toyota hit a rough spot, but they are still Toyota. They will recover and the 2008 Toyota Sequoia has exceeded ALL expectations. Not enough time to list all the things we love. Find one used, buy it.

Favorite Features

So quiet, so tight, so big, so perfect, love the Sequoia!

Suggested Improvements

Seats could be more comfortable, that is truly my only suggestion. Get a freakin' pad, this thing is OUTSTANDING!

Good all around value
By tommyk

2008 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I forget I am in a large vehicle most of the time. It has a silky smooth drive train with an amazing amount of power should you need it. I wish the ride was a bit smoother, but what can one expect from a vehicle with a tow rating of 10,000 lbs? I get good mileage on the highway, I get about 20 mpg if I keep it at or below 65 mph and around town about 15. I have only had one little problem with it and that was a bad O-ring on the dipstick tube that needed to be replaced. Other than that it has been a star.

Favorite Features

traction and stability control. I love the sonar system for heads-up control for tight maneuvering.

Suggested Improvements

I wish it had a AWD setting.

WORST Toyota
By masterdoc

2008 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Now with 34,000 miles, plastic trim falling inside and outside, rubber insulation on tailgate peeled off, engine with wheezing noise in the dash that 3 dealers can't find a solution for it, awful! Dealer interaction - bad - my other cars are 2008 Mercedes CLS, 2010 Audi S5 and 2005 Hummer H2 - by far this is the worst automotive I have owned! Planning to trade it in for either MB GL320TDI or Audi Q7 this fall! Even the recall repair required 2 visits! I guess the golden era for Toyota is over!

Favorite Features

DESIGN - best SUV design inside and out!

Suggested Improvements

BUILD QUALITY, reliability and dealer respect for problems

A Vast Improvement Over Previous Model
By rmgator90

2008 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have had for a couple of months now and it has operated flawlessly. I had an 06 and liked it, but felt it was not as safe as I would like it to be. This has all the safety whistles that I need, plus it is a MUCH smoother, quiet, and comfortable drive. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking to buy a large SUV. I have a friend who has an Escalade, and he prefers my Toyota. Averaging about 18 MPG on mostly highway driving.

Favorite Features

Smooth drive, second row captains chairs. Power folding third row and power reclining (my daughter loves this and insists on riding in the third row), power rear door.

Suggested Improvements

Standard power outlet in front or second row to plug in laptop or DVD player for daughter. Leather wrapped steering wheel.

Great SUV
By Oh8Limited

2008 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Our family bought this truck this month. We took a 4 hour trip to another city, very comfortable ride, responsive steering, also a quiet ride for the size. For as big as is it, it drives like a smaller SUV.

Favorite Features

5.7 Liter engine, JBL stereo, responsive steering.

Suggested Improvements

The Navigation could be more user friendly.