2007 Toyota Sequoia SR5 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Sequoia - Consumer Reviews

2007 Sequoia Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:

Sort Reviews by

Very pleasant to drive long distances
By gagrice

2007 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

As a confirmed Toyota hater, I was surprised at how much I liked this vehicle. Not sure how long I will keep it. I wanted a diesel Mercedes. I did not like the MB 7 speed transmission. This is MUCH smoother and less intrusive.

Favorite Features

Performance, ride and comfort. It is so much smoother riding than my 05 GMC on our crappy freeways.

Suggested Improvements

Nav not worth a hoot. No XM available with nav and DVD entertainment. I would not have bought it with those two items knowing what I know now.

Awesome vehicle
By abbylou

2007 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have had this vehicle for 6 mos now and just love it! Comfortable and great tow vehicle for our midsize boat. Better gas mileage than most other large SUVs. Engine is both smooth and full of torque. I have the pkg that has the rear captain chairs and would recommend this seating unless you have 5 kids.

Favorite Features

Stereo is good as it is a JBL. Transmission shifts smoothly and exterior design is appealing.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger wheel size than 17 in..like the 18 or 20 in.

I like the Sequoia
By gagrice

2007 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I had my mind set on the new GL320 CDI Mercedes. I test drove it and did not like the 7 speed transmission. On a fluke I drove the Sequoia. I really do not like Toyota. I do like this SUV. It is not a diesel that I wanted but it is a very nice ride. On a trip to AZ I was not at all tired after 5 straight hours behind the wheel. I would recommend it.

Favorite Features

Ride, comfort, smooth engine and transmission response. Good seats compared to many new luxury SUVs.

Suggested Improvements

The NAV is worthless in my opinion. Toyota is at least 3 years behind the competition on all electronics. NO XM or Sirius with NAV and rear entertainment. What's with that. I would recommend getting a stripped Limited and put in a Pioneer NAV with XM.

Great family car
By Love it!

2007 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Love this car! What a great car for our long road trips and also all the in town day to day driving too. Nav and the DVD are great and a must have. The third seat comes in handy for extra family in town and can fold up or be taken out easily. The 2nd row bucket seats that recline with very large console is very nice and our teenager loves it. We will have this car for many years to come. We get 14.3 mpg in town.

Favorite Features

Navigation!! 3rd seat when needed, radio controls on steering wheel, DVD that we can connect game systems to for long trips, outlets in car just like home for anything.

Suggested Improvements

Too much cheap plastic in all cars these days, not just Toyota. 3rd seat fold down flat in rear floor, not just fold up.

Former Acura/Honda Owner Now Sequoia!
By Former Acura MDX Own

2007 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This vehicle is really fabulous. I have been a life long owner of Acura/Honda vehicles and now am extremely happy with my new purchase of a 2007 Toyota Sequoia Ltd. in June 2007. I've had many knee operations and this vehicle provides me with ample leg room while all of my previous vehicles did not. Everything about this Sequoia is really perfect. And regarding the fuel mileage, I average 15.4 miles per gallon and that is almost as good as I was getting with the Acura MDX. If you are in need of a safe, heavy, roomy, and reliable SUV this is your one! My daughter convinced me to buy the Sequoia and it was a great move.

Favorite Features

Really everything!

Suggested Improvements

Must add a rear camera for this vehicle as standard or at least an option. It's just too big a vehicle not to have one. Huge mistake by designers. I am very surprised because everything else is perfect.

Great Family SUV
By hihiheidi

2007 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We purchased this SUV after owning a Durango for 8 years and what a difference! Smooth ride, lots of room, especially with two kids. We bought the luxury package and love the second row captains chairs and the center console. The kids can keep all of their things (videos, head phones, games, etc.) all in one place. I splurged and got a wood-wrapped steering wheel, which makes the car feel like a luxury vehicle. And I second the vote on Artic Frost Pearl, best color ever! It is very pretty!

Favorite Features

Navigation system, entertainment system, airbags.

Suggested Improvements

Fold flat seats, power lift gate, bluetooth, iPod, voice recognition.

2007 SR5 4x4 Sequoia
By Noleterp01

2007 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We were in the market this year for a larger SUV expecting our second child, and looked at everything on the market to be fair. It came down to the Expedition and the Sequoia. The Sequoia is by far the best full size SUV you can get for the money. We were also able to get ours at an exceptional value, considering Toyota is cleaning the lots this time of year. Perfect for a two baby/child family. Decent on gas, and the ride is as smooth as most cars. We couldn't be happier and are officially a Toyota family. We bought a black SR5 with appearance package, tan interior, sunroof, towing package. It is a sharp SUV and we are looking forward to taking it on our first road trip soon.

Favorite Features

Powerful and smooth engine. Child latch in the third row. Huge sunroof. Front and back A/C. Loads of room inside. General looks of the vehicle. Toyota reliability and fit and finish.

Suggested Improvements

Leather wrapped steering wheel should be standard on a $40K vehicle. Floor shifter instead of column. Standard XM radio, and dual zone auto air in front seats. Hopefully Toyota's new 5.7 v8 in future versions of this SUV.

Life Saving
By Jenny

2007 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've always been a skeptic about the performance of our Toyota Sequoia, but after a recent car accident I can't imagine a safer car. My sister recently endured a traumatic car crash with our Sequoia flying 10 feet in the air and flipping three times and she came out shaken but nearly unscathed. The Toyota Sequoia is built like a tank and guarantees both the satisfaction of a SUV and a safe vehicle. It's quite literally a life saver.

Favorite Features

Our sound system and navigational system was absolutely amazing!

Suggested Improvements

The only problem we've ever found with our car is probably the fuel economy. In comparison to other SUVs the Sequoia stands a chance at being proficient but with rising gas prices it's really tedious to refuel.

So far so good
By big fan

2007 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The Sequoia is one of the best SUVs we have owned or test driven. It's a great vehicle and one of the smoothest rides. It's also a great looking car. The color of our Sequoia is Arctic Frost and it is one of the most beautiful colors ever. It's a creamy white with an irridescent pearl flakes in it. We had the headrest DVDs put in for our boys and they can both either watch the same or different movie or connect their gamecube. It's great for long trips. I will definitely keep the Sequoia in our family. We have gone from being Ford drivers to Toyota. Our next Toyota will be a Tundra for my husband.

Favorite Features

I love the color of our car... Arctic Frost!

Suggested Improvements

Would have loved it if it came with Bluetooth or iPod compatible.

Great car
By mrsanky

2007 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This car has everything, a little rough on off road, but would not change a thing.

Favorite Features

Center row captain chairs.

Suggested Improvements

Looser supension for rough roads.