Used 2007 Toyota Sequoia SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Sequoia SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:

Works for me
By Grouse

2007 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've only had this vehicle for 2000 miles but so far I am pleased. It rides a little tougher than I'd hoped (on a smooth road it's great but where are those) but it doesn't jar your teeth loose and it's taut and quiet. The 08 fixed all my gripes about this model except the price, I couldn't justify another 25K for fold down seats and that wonderful 5.7L in the 08. Drive 65 for 500 mi, you'll be surprised (pleasantly). Having a trained ear, the JBL is simply not worth the money to me, but for R&R I'm sure it's just fine.

I like looking at it and the drivers seat is very comfortable. Utilitarian wise it suits my needs.

They fixed everything in 08 but I find it appalling that that expensive stereo upgrade doesn't have an MP3 input.

Toyota Sequoia - Poor Ergometrics
By dwmclean

2007 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I am very disappointed in the engineering / design ergometrics of my 2007 Sequoia Limited. The console controls are not lighted (side mirrors, seat heater) and in a poor location because the seat heaters can be turned on by laying an item across the console. No dash indicator light for fog lights. The gas mileage is poor (16 mpg highway and 14 around town). Rear storage compartment won't stay latched. Second seats will stay folded up (must restrain with a tether). I have factory nav system and satellite radio not available. Limited slip differential doesn't lock (engaging TRAC OFF seems to help but that doesn't make sense). I wish I had my Chevy Tahoe back!!

None

See my review. I feel the vehicle is poorly designed and not worth the $47K I paid.

So many little problems
By Ted

2007 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought a Toyota for their supposed great customer satisfaction and reliability. I must say that this not what I have experienced. The car does start and run just fine. The problem lies in all the little things going wrong and the number of times that dealer visits are required. So far both mirrors have gone loose. The clock has failed, the rear hatch won't stay open, the power outlets have failed ... the list goes on. On top of that, the dealer and Toyota Corporate are great at stating that not all problems can be fixed under warranty even though the warranty has not expired. I still have 18 months left on the warranty and 10k miles to go.

Smooth ride, always runs

Too many small items breaking, shaking or making noise. They have the engine perfected, but nothing else.

Comfy Cruiser
By Big Daddy

2007 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The 2007 Sequoia is a great vehicle for a family with too much stuff. Ample storage room, comfortable seats. No issues over the first 10K miles. Great build quality, fairly quiet interior. Tires seem to wear well. Have avgd around 20 miles/gallon on hwy. Around 15 city. Overall great looks, fun to drive. Much better value compared to the 2008s. Would buy again.

Car I will Drive for 10 Years or More!
By OOwl

2007 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

After owning a 4Runner for the past 6 years, we needed a bit more room (we travel with show dogs to dog shows and needed the space for crates), we upgraded to the Sequoia. I wanted the '07 version since I like the body style better than the '08s. I love the vehicle but it does ride louder and a bit "rougher" than my '07 4Runner. This vehicle is WAY too big not to have a backup camera, so we are having that added immediately. I also like the a/c and heater controls more than in my 4Runner. LOVE the universal remote to open my garage and don't know how I ever lived without the heated seats! I really overall love this car and expect to still be driving it in 10 years!

Arctic Frost Pearl paint (BEAUTIFUL and unique color), NAV system (which I think works fine despite the other reivews here to the contrary), heated seats, rear DVD, moonroof (however, 4Runner adjusted to avoid windthrob and Seq one does not), universal remote garage door opener, remote ignition.

Bluetooth! XM radio, iPod, auto-close rear door, Moonroof auto adjust to avoid windthrob, backup camera standard (we added it b/c you just can't backup a car this big w/o it), move seat heater buttons off the console, turn indicator lights in side mirrors standard (4Runner had them, boo, miss that).