2007 Toyota Sequoia SR5 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Sequoia - Consumer Reviews

2007 Sequoia Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:

Sort Reviews by

I DO NOT REGRET PAYING $53000!
By ilovecars101

2007 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We bought this car new with 0 mileage. It came out wonderful. Very Very Very smooth ride. Nice and comfy seats. Affordable pricing for a beautiful luxury car.

Favorite Features

navigation is very simple to use, GIANT SUNROOF, the shiny wood, very little plastic used in the making of it, cold air, heated seats, the rear window can go down for the people sitting in the third row, i definitely love third row seats !!they're very spacious !!!

Suggested Improvements

sometimes i have to admit when im reclined the passenger seat automatically it kinda, not bumps but it like sounds like a little motor or something like i dont know how to explain but i have been told thats really easy to fix with some time of oil! so thats good(:!!!!!

Great!!!
By Owly52

2007 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I just had a BMW x5 and I just hated not having a third row seat and had 3 kids and had a lot of play dates! When my lease was up I could not wait to get a new car. I was looking at the Highlander and didn't like it as much as the Sequoia. I got just a couple of weeks ago and now I love to get out of the house! I love the second row captain chairs and removable center console. I think I should never get a new car again because I bought mine!

Favorite Features

Third row window comes down, bucket seats in second row, nav. system, heated front seats, I got to admit everything about the Sequoia I like!!

Suggested Improvements

Since the gas prices are going up I would make the 2011 Sequoia a hybrid model available.

Great SUV
By K Brown

2007 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The Sequoia is an excellent SUV. Reliability has been great. At 25,000 miles repair of the tension control for the fan belt was required, up to 38,500 now and no other repairs. Like the looks of the 2007 better than the new style. Would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for an SUV that is big and holds a lot of stuff. Even got a full/queen size headboard in the back.

Favorite Features

DVD system with headphones.

Suggested Improvements

a vehicle this size requires a backup camera

Nervous
By Dave

2007 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've had my Sequoia for a little over two years now and though I love driving the vehicle and it works well for my family of five, I am 15,000 miles past my manufacturer's warranty and already have over $2,000.00 in repairs. I was lucky enough to have purchased the extended warranty so I haven't had to pay for these repairs out of pocket but I am very worried about what this vehicle is going to cost me in the long run. I am pretty sure I will dump it when it is paid for. This is a shame because I really like the vehicle from a users point of view. My last issue was with the fuel pump at 45,000 miles. The part alone is over $600.00 from the dealership. That excludes labor.

Favorite Features

Plenty of room. Interior works well for my family. Comfortable to drive.

Suggested Improvements

A fuel pump that cost over $600.00 should last a lifetime. Rear latch reliability. Ditch the cassette player. When the traction control is turned off by user it should stay off.

What more could a soccer mom want?
By Timothy

2007 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is the most practical and stylish vehicle I have owned. I refuse to drive a mini van; this was well worth the increased price. I can comfortably haul five kids for hours having them watch the big screen DVD in comfort. It is easy to drive and not expensive to maintain.

Favorite Features

DVD, leather & heated seats.

Works for me
By Grouse

2007 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've only had this vehicle for 2000 miles but so far I am pleased. It rides a little tougher than I'd hoped (on a smooth road it's great but where are those) but it doesn't jar your teeth loose and it's taut and quiet. The 08 fixed all my gripes about this model except the price, I couldn't justify another 25K for fold down seats and that wonderful 5.7L in the 08. Drive 65 for 500 mi, you'll be surprised (pleasantly). Having a trained ear, the JBL is simply not worth the money to me, but for R&R I'm sure it's just fine.

Favorite Features

I like looking at it and the drivers seat is very comfortable. Utilitarian wise it suits my needs.

Suggested Improvements

They fixed everything in 08 but I find it appalling that that expensive stereo upgrade doesn't have an MP3 input.

Toyota Sequoia - Poor Ergometrics
By dwmclean

2007 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I am very disappointed in the engineering / design ergometrics of my 2007 Sequoia Limited. The console controls are not lighted (side mirrors, seat heater) and in a poor location because the seat heaters can be turned on by laying an item across the console. No dash indicator light for fog lights. The gas mileage is poor (16 mpg highway and 14 around town). Rear storage compartment won't stay latched. Second seats will stay folded up (must restrain with a tether). I have factory nav system and satellite radio not available. Limited slip differential doesn't lock (engaging TRAC OFF seems to help but that doesn't make sense). I wish I had my Chevy Tahoe back!!

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

See my review. I feel the vehicle is poorly designed and not worth the $47K I paid.

So many little problems
By Ted

2007 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought a Toyota for their supposed great customer satisfaction and reliability. I must say that this not what I have experienced. The car does start and run just fine. The problem lies in all the little things going wrong and the number of times that dealer visits are required. So far both mirrors have gone loose. The clock has failed, the rear hatch won't stay open, the power outlets have failed ... the list goes on. On top of that, the dealer and Toyota Corporate are great at stating that not all problems can be fixed under warranty even though the warranty has not expired. I still have 18 months left on the warranty and 10k miles to go.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, always runs

Suggested Improvements

Too many small items breaking, shaking or making noise. They have the engine perfected, but nothing else.

Comfy Cruiser
By Big Daddy

2007 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The 2007 Sequoia is a great vehicle for a family with too much stuff. Ample storage room, comfortable seats. No issues over the first 10K miles. Great build quality, fairly quiet interior. Tires seem to wear well. Have avgd around 20 miles/gallon on hwy. Around 15 city. Overall great looks, fun to drive. Much better value compared to the 2008s. Would buy again.

Car I will Drive for 10 Years or More!
By OOwl

2007 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

After owning a 4Runner for the past 6 years, we needed a bit more room (we travel with show dogs to dog shows and needed the space for crates), we upgraded to the Sequoia. I wanted the '07 version since I like the body style better than the '08s. I love the vehicle but it does ride louder and a bit "rougher" than my '07 4Runner. This vehicle is WAY too big not to have a backup camera, so we are having that added immediately. I also like the a/c and heater controls more than in my 4Runner. LOVE the universal remote to open my garage and don't know how I ever lived without the heated seats! I really overall love this car and expect to still be driving it in 10 years!

Favorite Features

Arctic Frost Pearl paint (BEAUTIFUL and unique color), NAV system (which I think works fine despite the other reivews here to the contrary), heated seats, rear DVD, moonroof (however, 4Runner adjusted to avoid windthrob and Seq one does not), universal remote garage door opener, remote ignition.

Suggested Improvements

Bluetooth! XM radio, iPod, auto-close rear door, Moonroof auto adjust to avoid windthrob, backup camera standard (we added it b/c you just can't backup a car this big w/o it), move seat heater buttons off the console, turn indicator lights in side mirrors standard (4Runner had them, boo, miss that).