Used 2007 Toyota Sequoia SR5 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Sequoia - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:

Nervous
By Dave

2007 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've had my Sequoia for a little over two years now and though I love driving the vehicle and it works well for my family of five, I am 15,000 miles past my manufacturer's warranty and already have over $2,000.00 in repairs. I was lucky enough to have purchased the extended warranty so I haven't had to pay for these repairs out of pocket but I am very worried about what this vehicle is going to cost me in the long run. I am pretty sure I will dump it when it is paid for. This is a shame because I really like the vehicle from a users point of view. My last issue was with the fuel pump at 45,000 miles. The part alone is over $600.00 from the dealership. That excludes labor.

Plenty of room. Interior works well for my family. Comfortable to drive.

A fuel pump that cost over $600.00 should last a lifetime. Rear latch reliability. Ditch the cassette player. When the traction control is turned off by user it should stay off.

Works for me
By Grouse

2007 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've only had this vehicle for 2000 miles but so far I am pleased. It rides a little tougher than I'd hoped (on a smooth road it's great but where are those) but it doesn't jar your teeth loose and it's taut and quiet. The 08 fixed all my gripes about this model except the price, I couldn't justify another 25K for fold down seats and that wonderful 5.7L in the 08. Drive 65 for 500 mi, you'll be surprised (pleasantly). Having a trained ear, the JBL is simply not worth the money to me, but for R&R I'm sure it's just fine.

I like looking at it and the drivers seat is very comfortable. Utilitarian wise it suits my needs.

They fixed everything in 08 but I find it appalling that that expensive stereo upgrade doesn't have an MP3 input.

So many little problems
By Ted

2007 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought a Toyota for their supposed great customer satisfaction and reliability. I must say that this not what I have experienced. The car does start and run just fine. The problem lies in all the little things going wrong and the number of times that dealer visits are required. So far both mirrors have gone loose. The clock has failed, the rear hatch won't stay open, the power outlets have failed ... the list goes on. On top of that, the dealer and Toyota Corporate are great at stating that not all problems can be fixed under warranty even though the warranty has not expired. I still have 18 months left on the warranty and 10k miles to go.

Smooth ride, always runs

Too many small items breaking, shaking or making noise. They have the engine perfected, but nothing else.

2007 SR5 4x4 Sequoia
By Noleterp01

2007 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We were in the market this year for a larger SUV expecting our second child, and looked at everything on the market to be fair. It came down to the Expedition and the Sequoia. The Sequoia is by far the best full size SUV you can get for the money. We were also able to get ours at an exceptional value, considering Toyota is cleaning the lots this time of year. Perfect for a two baby/child family. Decent on gas, and the ride is as smooth as most cars. We couldn't be happier and are officially a Toyota family. We bought a black SR5 with appearance package, tan interior, sunroof, towing package. It is a sharp SUV and we are looking forward to taking it on our first road trip soon.

Powerful and smooth engine. Child latch in the third row. Huge sunroof. Front and back A/C. Loads of room inside. General looks of the vehicle. Toyota reliability and fit and finish.

Leather wrapped steering wheel should be standard on a $40K vehicle. Floor shifter instead of column. Standard XM radio, and dual zone auto air in front seats. Hopefully Toyota's new 5.7 v8 in future versions of this SUV.