Our first Sequoia
By g4zilla on
2006 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)
We're 500 miles into our 2006 Sequoia, and are very impressed. This rig is smooth, rock solid, and very well appointed. Our kids, both teenagers, love the roominess ("Dad! My knees don't touch your seat!") and I look forward to Toyota's legendary dependability. Though it's a large SUV, it handles like a smaller vehicle. I never feel as though I'm driving a school bus! Recently, my son and I were traveling on the highway, and he turned to me and said, "Dad, this Sequoia is so quiet!" He was absolutely right. I looked down at the speedometer...oops, 80 mph! And that is my final point: the quiet, smooth ride betrays nothing of your speed.
Favorite Features
Really, I would have to say it's how Toyota options out a base-level vehicle. Front and rear climate control, powered seats, electronic convenience package, running boards, tow package, keyless entry (including remote rear window open). Also, we love the room, ten cup holders and Homelink!
Suggested Improvements
Driver's seat right arm too narrow, clock is set too low and partially blocked, manual is wrong for Homelink set-up (Homelink website to the rescue!), remote rear window button on keychain needs to allow window to go up! (to close window, you have to go to driver's side, open door, and push button!