Used 2006 Toyota Sequoia SUV Consumer Reviews - 45 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Sequoia SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:

Great SUV!!
By Best I've ever owned

2006 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've owned my 2006 Sequoia for a year and a half, and have absolutely loved it. I can't think of anything I would change. I shopped and compared many, many SUVs and finally ordered mine as I wanted it - fully loaded. It's beautiful inside and out. Very practical interior and very user friendly. DVD player is not used much but grandkids love it. Drives and handles like a dream. You won't go wrong with this car. Absolutely -0- problems or hitches. I even pull a large trailer sometimes and man, what a job it does.

Interior and comfort. Outside looks. Great stereo. Ride and handling. Everything!

Nav system is a little touch to learn but OK with a little work. Nothing really to add or change in my opinion.

Luxury meets ruggedness
By Sutam Biswas

2006 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

When I bought Toyota Sequoia, my main objective was to get safety for my newborn kid and 5 year old. However, once I drove it, I felt the power that the 8 cyl 4 wd beast generates on/off the road with minimum effort. Also, the satisfaction and peace of mind that you can get by owning a Toyota is there. I think it is a real value for money. Offers you space, performance and luxury at a good price.

Everything.

HP should be more.

Great SUV!
By Robman

2006 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

After looking at the Yukon and Expedition, and saw that the money I was going to spend, I noticed the Sequoia was a much better buy as far as the amenities included for the base price.

Lighted vanity mirrors are needed desperately!

Significant Noise Problem
By Ketan Vyas

2006 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought a new Sequoia in June 2006. The very first time I drove on interstate I noticed humming noise of drive shaft at speed of 60 mph. This is some time appreciated in old real wheel drive cars. But not in a new vehicle which costs $52000. I cannot get either dealer or Toyota to fix this or take the vehicle back. In order to stay comfortable you need to drive at the speed lower than 60 mph. I am amazed the way I am treated by Toyota and the dealership. I used to be a Toyota fan. I recommend everyone to drive this vehicle on highway before buying. I am sure some of other sequoia owners might have experienced the same problem what Toyota calls "normal characteristic of vehicle."

Style.

If this noise problem is corrected I think it is a nice vehicle.

WOW!!! This is nice
By marv

2006 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

After looking at the upper end American suvs and Lexus GX and LX 470s, this suv just seemed to stand out. It has the complete package for me. It's (the limited model) style, comfort, quality, sound system, size and quietness all seemed to outshine the others. I'm averaging 15.1 MPG around town with the V8 and 18.4 on the freeway. My wife's Jeep Liberty (3.7L) only averages 14.3 in town! So far an outstanding SUV.

HUGE moon roof, visibility, roll down rear window, sound system, quietness.

It could use more storage area in front and separate passenger/driver temp controls.