Used 2006 Toyota Sequoia Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Sequoia - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:

Luxury meets ruggedness
By Sutam Biswas

2006 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

When I bought Toyota Sequoia, my main objective was to get safety for my newborn kid and 5 year old. However, once I drove it, I felt the power that the 8 cyl 4 wd beast generates on/off the road with minimum effort. Also, the satisfaction and peace of mind that you can get by owning a Toyota is there. I think it is a real value for money. Offers you space, performance and luxury at a good price.

Everything.

HP should be more.

Great SUV!
By Robman

2006 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

After looking at the Yukon and Expedition, and saw that the money I was going to spend, I noticed the Sequoia was a much better buy as far as the amenities included for the base price.

Lighted vanity mirrors are needed desperately!

Significant Noise Problem
By Ketan Vyas

2006 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought a new Sequoia in June 2006. The very first time I drove on interstate I noticed humming noise of drive shaft at speed of 60 mph. This is some time appreciated in old real wheel drive cars. But not in a new vehicle which costs $52000. I cannot get either dealer or Toyota to fix this or take the vehicle back. In order to stay comfortable you need to drive at the speed lower than 60 mph. I am amazed the way I am treated by Toyota and the dealership. I used to be a Toyota fan. I recommend everyone to drive this vehicle on highway before buying. I am sure some of other sequoia owners might have experienced the same problem what Toyota calls "normal characteristic of vehicle."

Style.

If this noise problem is corrected I think it is a nice vehicle.

WOW!!! This is nice
By marv

2006 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

After looking at the upper end American suvs and Lexus GX and LX 470s, this suv just seemed to stand out. It has the complete package for me. It's (the limited model) style, comfort, quality, sound system, size and quietness all seemed to outshine the others. I'm averaging 15.1 MPG around town with the V8 and 18.4 on the freeway. My wife's Jeep Liberty (3.7L) only averages 14.3 in town! So far an outstanding SUV.

HUGE moon roof, visibility, roll down rear window, sound system, quietness.

It could use more storage area in front and separate passenger/driver temp controls.

Our Second Sequoia
By Linda Perkins

2006 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is the second Sequoia Limited we have purchased. The Sequoia is the first SUV we have ever had and absolutely the best vehicle we have ever owned. The interior is outstanding, more like a car and not a truck. The third seat is comfortable for an average size adult. I rode in this seat from Ohio to Tenn without a complaint. We tell everyone that asks how much we love our Sequoia and even say it to each other while we are traveling. Our son loved ours so much that he even bought one for himself to accommodate his growing family. We can't say enough good things about the Sequoia Limited.

Low dashboard and console. Floor space in front. Adjustable up & down driver's seat. Adjustable back on 2nd & 3rd row seats. Space in back when seats are removed and easy fold up 3rd row seats as well as comfortable 3rd row seat. Fold-in side mirrors. Exterior body style. Best one on the market.

None come to mind.