2006 Toyota Sequoia - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:
My Yota
By Monica on 04/15/08 18:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I had a 2004 4runner and I absolutely loved it! I recently decided it was time to upgrade to a third row seat. so I bought my Sequoia. I love the Sequoia but the only problem is that it gets horrible gas mileage. 13.7 mpg. with gas reaching $4 a gallon I'm wishing I would have gone with a hybrid. All of our cars are Toyotas b/c you can't beat the quality. I'm looking forward to getting rid of a carseat or two and opting for a Prius. If you have the money to keep up with the gas then you'll be fine.

2006 Toyota Sequoia SR5
By lofoster on 03/04/08 12:26 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought the Sequoia used with 18,000 miles on it. It has been a dream to own. Nothing goes wrong with it. It is very comfortable and drives very well.

2006 Toyota Sequoia Limited
By Alyssa on 02/29/08 07:43 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I LUV MY TRUCK!!! I have really enjoyed owning this vehicle. Very fun to drive and multi-functional vehicle.

Nothing Better
By LoveMySequoia!! on 09/21/07 13:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We bought this as a replacement to our Ford Explorer. After 2 lemons from Ford will never go back! This vehicle is the best value in a large SUV. Smooth, quiet ride, good visibility and plenty of power if using it as a family vehicle. The headrest DVD players are a must if you have 2 children or more. With the wireless headphones and the pleasure of driving this vehicle, long trips are a dream. We researched, drove and compared all full sized SUVs and not only thought this was the best vehicle, but also got the best price. It was worth giving up the extra size from the Suburban.

Great SUV!!
By Best I've ever owned on 05/15/07 21:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've owned my 2006 Sequoia for a year and a half, and have absolutely loved it. I can't think of anything I would change. I shopped and compared many, many SUVs and finally ordered mine as I wanted it - fully loaded. It's beautiful inside and out. Very practical interior and very user friendly. DVD player is not used much but grandkids love it. Drives and handles like a dream. You won't go wrong with this car. Absolutely -0- problems or hitches. I even pull a large trailer sometimes and man, what a job it does.

Luxury meets ruggedness
By Sutam Biswas on 04/22/07 08:55 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

When I bought Toyota Sequoia, my main objective was to get safety for my newborn kid and 5 year old. However, once I drove it, I felt the power that the 8 cyl 4 wd beast generates on/off the road with minimum effort. Also, the satisfaction and peace of mind that you can get by owning a Toyota is there. I think it is a real value for money. Offers you space, performance and luxury at a good price.

Great SUV!
By Robman on 12/20/06 18:12 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

After looking at the Yukon and Expedition, and saw that the money I was going to spend, I noticed the Sequoia was a much better buy as far as the amenities included for the base price.

Significant Noise Problem
By Ketan Vyas on 11/09/06 12:35 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought a new Sequoia in June 2006. The very first time I drove on interstate I noticed humming noise of drive shaft at speed of 60 mph. This is some time appreciated in old real wheel drive cars. But not in a new vehicle which costs $52000. I cannot get either dealer or Toyota to fix this or take the vehicle back. In order to stay comfortable you need to drive at the speed lower than 60 mph. I am amazed the way I am treated by Toyota and the dealership. I used to be a Toyota fan. I recommend everyone to drive this vehicle on highway before buying. I am sure some of other sequoia owners might have experienced the same problem what Toyota calls "normal characteristic of vehicle."

WOW!!! This is nice
By marv on 10/17/06 12:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

After looking at the upper end American suvs and Lexus GX and LX 470s, this suv just seemed to stand out. It has the complete package for me. It's (the limited model) style, comfort, quality, sound system, size and quietness all seemed to outshine the others. I'm averaging 15.1 MPG around town with the V8 and 18.4 on the freeway. My wife's Jeep Liberty (3.7L) only averages 14.3 in town! So far an outstanding SUV.

Our Second Sequoia
By Linda Perkins on 09/29/06 08:56 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is the second Sequoia Limited we have purchased. The Sequoia is the first SUV we have ever had and absolutely the best vehicle we have ever owned. The interior is outstanding, more like a car and not a truck. The third seat is comfortable for an average size adult. I rode in this seat from Ohio to Tenn without a complaint. We tell everyone that asks how much we love our Sequoia and even say it to each other while we are traveling. Our son loved ours so much that he even bought one for himself to accommodate his growing family. We can't say enough good things about the Sequoia Limited.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.