Used 2006 Toyota Sequoia Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Sequoia - Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Sequoia

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:

Thrilled
By gds5

2006 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

5/2009 bought a 2006 sequoia, used but new to us. We searched and test drove numerous cars - loading and unloading 3 smaller kids into each for test drives. Toyota Seqouia's withstood our kid tested-mother approved! It definitely is a beast of a vehicle but with running boards the kids can easily handle getting in and out. Our 4 yr old can easily buckle herself up now, couldn't in our dodge mini van. 3 kids (2 in car seats) fit totally comfortably in the middle bench seat. Easy fold up seat to get to the 3rd row. Totally surprised I didn't have to give up much trunk space. This vehicle fell into our lap and we jumped on it; even though it had higher miles we've been told Toyota's are long lasting!

Favorite Features

Very comfy seats, would have preferred middle captains chairs, but we didn't get to choose... but it all worked out because the middle seat is HUGE and had elbow room for 3 kids. Comfy driver's arm rests, middle console. If door is open & you try to lock it with your keyring thing, it makes a loud beep.

Suggested Improvements

Clock is in odd spot, should have been on top of console. Radio is harder to reach (I'm a small 5ft lady).

2006 Toyota Sequoia
By the doc

2006 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my 2006 Sequoia new. I have owned it over 2 years and driven it almost 30000 miles. I have to say that it has been a great vehicle. The quality has been exceptional. It is a large SUV with a V 8, so gas mileage is what it is. The vehicle is very quiet at high or low speeds. The vehicle has been very reliable and only been to the shop for regular maintenance.

Favorite Features

The driver and passenger chairs with flip down armrests are quite comfortable. The large sunroof, the interior style is great, the roll down rear window is nice.

Suggested Improvements

There is one small storage compartment in the trunk that sometimes opens for no reason. I think they just need better clips or something. Not a big deal

Horrible Toyota Experience
By Former Toyota Fan

2006 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The day after paying $48K to the dealer my car would not start. Turns out I needed a new battery. Back to the service depart., waited an hour, got a new battery, & on my way. Over the course of the next 23 months had various problems with the low tire pressure sensor coming on. Also had three other warning lights for the battery lighting up randomly. Eventually, 2-08, got in my car to leave for the morning and it wouldn't start. The battery had been leaking acid and corroded my battery cables. AAA cleaned up the mess and got me started again. In 5-08 car doesn't start again. Battery acid corroded my fuse block. One month later finally get my car back from dealer. Sept. 08 car doesn't start!

Favorite Features

Thank god for the extended warranty! So glad I spent the extra$$ now! I'll be using it often, I'm sure!

Suggested Improvements

Work on trying to build a $48,000 car that doesn't break down so much within in the first 3 years (let alone the day after you buy it!!)

Best Gas Mileage V8 SUV
By jj

2006 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

After searching for the right sized auto with regard to value, we chose this beautiful 7 seater suv. Plenty of power for passing and hauling. Comfortable for everyone on long drives and the average gas mileage is 15.9, which is amazing compared to others in this class.

Favorite Features

Removable third row seats make way for huge cargo space!

Suggested Improvements

Nothing, everything's great!

Great on every aspect
By patricksound

2006 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Excellent, extremely strong and very comfortable. The luxury fixtures make it a truck to want.

Favorite Features

Extra air bags

Suggested Improvements

GPS system standard, heated front seats