2006 Toyota Sequoia SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:
Good overall SUV, some flaws
By b42346 on 02/04/12 18:22 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Overall good SUV. We bought it brand new in fall of 2005. But, we actually liked our 2 previous Chevy Suburbans WAY more. We got the Limited Sequoia with DVD. The 3rd row seat is actually comfortable for adults. In just 6 years, we have put approx. 130,000 miles. The gas mileage is horrible. I get 15 combined. Next cars will be a Suburban or Audi Q7 diesel for the fuel economy. Also, acceleration left something to be desired.

Comfortable Road Trips
By nt on 03/16/10 21:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

For a family of four this SUV takes us where we want without any bad experiences on the road. From our Chicago home to the mountain roads of Mt.Rushmore or to the Niagara Falls, two trips to New York, occasional camping trips this truck just keeps on going. I just had two repairs since I own this sequoia; one for the rear passenger ac climate control and the rear window wiper motor replaced.

What happened to Toyota?
By Mom of Two on 03/02/10 11:53 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Previous happy Toyota owner. I have had nothing but problems - electrical problems with this SUV since I got it. Toyota seems to not care. I tried arbitration with no luck. My car at 2 yrs old spent ONE month at the dealer maintenance only to have more electrical problems. I cannot let it idle without it wanting to stall - such a bummer when stuck in traffic!! At the time of arbitration Toyota claimed that the car is working at that instant so there is no issue, they will continue to fix problems that arise. That is not product reliability to me. I think I got stuck with the lemon.

The Swiss Army Knive of SUV's
By Dan in Texas on 08/07/09 19:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is the second Sequoia I have owned, and I could not be more pleased. My first one had 135,000 miles on it, looked and drove like new when traded. I now have 75,000 miles on the 2006, and have NEVER had a service call for any reason. I am meticulous about care and maintenance, but zero issues in 200,000 miles says it all. This one has the captains chairs in the back and DVD, which are the ultimate peacemaker on long trips. Elegant enough for two couples out on the town, yet yank the seats and its a Home Depot special. Have I mentioned I love this thing?

Beats a Lexus GX470 hands down
By Bmac on 06/05/09 21:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We needed a little more room with the addition of a third child to our family. We traded in our Lexus GX470 and the only thing we miss is the complimentary loaner car a few times a year for oil changes. The Sequoia goes through any mild to medium difficulty 4wd trails with no problem. On more difficult stuff, I feel a lot less guilty about bottoming out a Sequoia than a Lexus...and my pocket book doesn't pay nearly as much for the plastic you replace on the Lexus. If I had it to do over, I would have bought a Sequoia 4wd in the 1st place. Sure, the Lexus won 4wd drive magazine 4- wheeler of the year a few times, but how often do you do Rincon. I can bang my Sequoia around w/no regrets.

Thrilled
By gds5 on 05/02/09 19:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

5/2009 bought a 2006 sequoia, used but new to us. We searched and test drove numerous cars - loading and unloading 3 smaller kids into each for test drives. Toyota Seqouia's withstood our kid tested-mother approved! It definitely is a beast of a vehicle but with running boards the kids can easily handle getting in and out. Our 4 yr old can easily buckle herself up now, couldn't in our dodge mini van. 3 kids (2 in car seats) fit totally comfortably in the middle bench seat. Easy fold up seat to get to the 3rd row. Totally surprised I didn't have to give up much trunk space. This vehicle fell into our lap and we jumped on it; even though it had higher miles we've been told Toyota's are long lasting!

2006 Toyota Sequoia
By the doc on 10/27/08 22:26 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my 2006 Sequoia new. I have owned it over 2 years and driven it almost 30000 miles. I have to say that it has been a great vehicle. The quality has been exceptional. It is a large SUV with a V 8, so gas mileage is what it is. The vehicle is very quiet at high or low speeds. The vehicle has been very reliable and only been to the shop for regular maintenance.

Horrible Toyota Experience
By Former Toyota Fan on 09/10/08 11:37 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The day after paying $48K to the dealer my car would not start. Turns out I needed a new battery. Back to the service depart., waited an hour, got a new battery, & on my way. Over the course of the next 23 months had various problems with the low tire pressure sensor coming on. Also had three other warning lights for the battery lighting up randomly. Eventually, 2-08, got in my car to leave for the morning and it wouldn't start. The battery had been leaking acid and corroded my battery cables. AAA cleaned up the mess and got me started again. In 5-08 car doesn't start again. Battery acid corroded my fuse block. One month later finally get my car back from dealer. Sept. 08 car doesn't start!

Best Gas Mileage V8 SUV
By jj on 06/03/08 09:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

After searching for the right sized auto with regard to value, we chose this beautiful 7 seater suv. Plenty of power for passing and hauling. Comfortable for everyone on long drives and the average gas mileage is 15.9, which is amazing compared to others in this class.

Great on every aspect
By patricksound on 04/22/08 20:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Excellent, extremely strong and very comfortable. The luxury fixtures make it a truck to want.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.