Used 2006 Toyota Sequoia Limited Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Sequoia - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:

What happened to Toyota?
By Mom of Two

2006 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Previous happy Toyota owner. I have had nothing but problems - electrical problems with this SUV since I got it. Toyota seems to not care. I tried arbitration with no luck. My car at 2 yrs old spent ONE month at the dealer maintenance only to have more electrical problems. I cannot let it idle without it wanting to stall - such a bummer when stuck in traffic!! At the time of arbitration Toyota claimed that the car is working at that instant so there is no issue, they will continue to fix problems that arise. That is not product reliability to me. I think I got stuck with the lemon.

Favorite Features

I do like the design of the vehicle. I enjoy driving it.

Suggested Improvements

Build a $48,000 car that doesn't break down. I hate having to get towed with two children along for the ride!

The Swiss Army Knive of SUV's
By Dan in Texas

2006 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is the second Sequoia I have owned, and I could not be more pleased. My first one had 135,000 miles on it, looked and drove like new when traded. I now have 75,000 miles on the 2006, and have NEVER had a service call for any reason. I am meticulous about care and maintenance, but zero issues in 200,000 miles says it all. This one has the captains chairs in the back and DVD, which are the ultimate peacemaker on long trips. Elegant enough for two couples out on the town, yet yank the seats and its a Home Depot special. Have I mentioned I love this thing?

Favorite Features

Unbelievable versatility, exceptional reliability.

Suggested Improvements

A hybrid version would be nice, but only if it gets substantially better mileage. (GM's hybrid SUV's are a joke -- incredible complexity and expense for only a 4 MPG improvement). Toyota, can you do it better? If so, sign me up!

Horrible Toyota Experience
By Former Toyota Fan

2006 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The day after paying $48K to the dealer my car would not start. Turns out I needed a new battery. Back to the service depart., waited an hour, got a new battery, & on my way. Over the course of the next 23 months had various problems with the low tire pressure sensor coming on. Also had three other warning lights for the battery lighting up randomly. Eventually, 2-08, got in my car to leave for the morning and it wouldn't start. The battery had been leaking acid and corroded my battery cables. AAA cleaned up the mess and got me started again. In 5-08 car doesn't start again. Battery acid corroded my fuse block. One month later finally get my car back from dealer. Sept. 08 car doesn't start!

Favorite Features

Thank god for the extended warranty! So glad I spent the extra$$ now! I'll be using it often, I'm sure!

Suggested Improvements

Work on trying to build a $48,000 car that doesn't break down so much within in the first 3 years (let alone the day after you buy it!!)

2006 Toyota Sequoia Limited
By Alyssa

2006 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I LUV MY TRUCK!!! I have really enjoyed owning this vehicle. Very fun to drive and multi-functional vehicle.

Favorite Features

Rear window that rolls down, acceleration, heated seats, sunroof, capacity, and of course the stereo system.

Suggested Improvements

Place the mirror adjustment control on the driver-side door armrest instead of on console.

2006 Sequioa
By pam

2006 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

this is our second Sequoia..we love it. It is smaller built than our 2002 model, but the gas mileage is a little better. We are averaging 16-17mpg. It is fun to drive and we are Toyota fans. We have a Tacoma also, and drove a 4 Runner for 16 years, and all 4 of our children drove it as they each turned 16.

Favorite Features

I love the navigation system, and the rear seat console! We have no children at home, so this is really comfortable when going to dinner with friends.

Suggested Improvements

hmm..the only thing that would make it better, was if it cost less.. :)