2005 Toyota Sequoia Consumer Review: SR5 issues

2005 Toyota Sequoia - Consumer Review

SR5 issues
By Jeff on

2005 Toyota Sequoia SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I ALWAYS wanted one, so I took the plunge. So far, the car has been a disappointment, but only due to small problems. These issues have included interior leather defects, headliner replacement, some minor body damage noticed at purchase, and a popping noise resulting from servos that "click" on at 25-30 mph which activate the VDSC system. This "click" sometimes feeds over into the audio system causing a "pop" in the speakers. The "click" is normal, but the "pop" is not. The dealer has been great with customer service and has always provided me with a vehicle while the Sequoia is in the shop. Evidently, the '05s & '06s have had more complaints about "weird" noises than any year model.

The interior is very roomy & I love the leather. Mine came w/ just about every option you could find, but I was really angry when I drove away & discovered that there were no audio controls on the steering wheel! You can rest easy driving b/c the safety features are the best in the industry.

When you pay 40K, a car should come well equipped. I thought for years that Toyota was too proud of the Sequoia. Toyota has an "option" for everything, which is why I've driven a Honda most of my life. It's also about time for a foldaway 3rd row seat!