2005 Toyota Sequoia Consumer Review: Smooth as silk

2005 Toyota Sequoia - Consumer Review

SR5 4dr SUV (4.7L V8 5-speed Automatic)

Smooth as silk
By SK on

2005 Toyota Sequoia SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I own an 03 SR5 Rwd, and the 05 is my 2nd Sequoia for a reason. I love the quality of the vehicle. It's super safe (saved me OTHER drivers' mistakes on a number of occasions), and is the surprisingly agile! The whole 'no chime for lights on' issue is alleviated by the fact that: a. you can turn your lights off by pressing the lock button on the keyless keyfob twice (light had to have been on while driving; if you turn the lights on after the car is off, it will stay on), and b. the lights turn off automatically under the same circumstances if the truck is off and the door has been closed. I think the timer is at about 30 seconds.

I loved the torque of the 03, but the 05 took it up another notch. With a set of JBA headers and exhaust, the truck will have close to 300hp at the wheels. Other things: power tailgate window, moonroof, stability control features, looks, and overall comfort...

Hmmmm.. My 03 tires went quickly at about 32K miles. The JBL 6-disk changer quality is questionable (swallowed CDs and had to be sent out to CA to get the extracted). I wonder if they can make third row seats fold into the floor? Toyota needs to issue a recall on the crappy dealership service reps!