2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:
Great car/needs some improvement
By E. Chiboucas on 02/09/05 21:28 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love the look of my Sequoia and how it drives. There wasn't an available year for me to fill in for my car. It is a 2002.

Great SUV
By Sonny on 02/09/05 19:39 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This SUV was my first. This is a very good and powerful car. Although the exterior was alittle too oldish but I like the interior. I love leather. This car was very comfortable. I know because I took a 10 hour ride and my children were very comfortable. That my review on this car

Limited Sequoia
By eman on 02/05/05 09:08 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I think that the Sequoia is a good car, But if you have kids, you're going two need to have a TV. It helps a LOT! Keeps them from fighting and talking to. It also helpes if you replace the middle row middle seat with a glove compartment. It will separate your kids, and if you are going out with some adult friends, there is a lot more room. It drives smoothly, comfertably, and hassle free.

towson
By TOWSON on 02/02/05 21:06 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I chose the Sequoia over the Land Cruiser becasue it is much larger, with tons of room behind the third row seat and the rear door. It rides well in 4WD, much like the Mercedes ML320 that we traded in. We love all the extra space compared with the Mercedes.

Great experience
By T Benedict on 01/26/05 23:18 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I looked at GMC, Ford, VW, and Dodge before buying my Sequoia. I sold my GMC which I had been having numerious problems with. I have 2,000 miles on my Sequoia and like it more every day. The ride is smooth, it is fun to drive, great in deep snow and on unimproved dirt roads. It is comfortable enough so my wife will go with me when I go 4 wheeling on dirt trails (the length and width is not much bigger than a 4Runner). It is great off road. The gas could be better but is great for a big vehicle. In 20,000 it will cost about $300.00 more than most 6 cylinder engines.

Problems
By Problems!!! on 01/22/05 09:52 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My truck has been in for service over 15 times. Everything from driveshafts and valve tapping to interior parts falling off.

Great powerful beast
By iwan on 01/18/05 14:21 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Have been looked around different model and styles like MDX, RX330, Expedition, minivans, BMW740, GX470, VWs, Landcrusier, etc, for a few months searching for my 2nd vehicle in my household as an addition to my only sedan, I finally decided to go with Seq, I think the last straw was a combination of its ride height, power, room and toyota's reliablity credit, I test drove a lot of different vehicles and my gut feeling tell me this is the one that suit me and my family. After a 1.5 month ownership it proves itself to be best fit, not a single problem at all and fuel mpg is at 14.7 showing in the trip computer, not too bad as I thought it would be. RWD mode drives like a BMW X5 in cornering.

Some Trouble
By Salam Rajjoub on 01/15/05 16:20 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this car with 5000 miles on it it drives smooth and dependable. I already took it for repair twice. I had problem with the rear window opening and closing in cold weather. I had also problem with the rear window defroster and the rear window wiper in cold weather.

What a ride
By zebramoray on 01/14/05 15:02 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We test drove Armada, Z71 Suburban, Sequoia, and Expedition.. Sequoia so superior in ride. 80 MPH it's so quite you can talk in a low voice. JBL sounds great. Tire Pressure Monitor alerted us that tire pressure was too low, and it was, by 7 pounds. Handling is like a car, easy to park. SR5 loaded up is 4-6K less than limited, with same safety features and ride.

Well built
By chris on 01/06/05 19:29 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Compared with Nissan Armada and Honda Pilot. Bought Sequoia to replace our aging minivan. Love the car; well designed and built. Reliable and durable....can't wait for a long trip.