Used 2005 Toyota Sequoia Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Sequoia - Consumer Reviews

2005 Toyota Sequoia

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:

very well designed
By ranma22

2005 Toyota Sequoia Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The primary reason I liked this vehicle is the exterior design - it looks luxurious and comparable to the Land Cruiser. The fender wall makes this vehicle muscular. After I purchased the vehicle, I was very satisfied w/ the handling and comfort of driving. What about the engine? It feels very powerful. The actual mileage I'm getting so far driving on surface streets is about 12 to 13 miles per gallon; on the freeway, I'm getting about 14 miles per gallon. I logged all mileage and gallons of gas when I fill up my tank so that's how I obtained the numbers.

Favorite Features

leather interior, feels roomy, exterior design

Suggested Improvements

front center instruments, gas mileage

wonderful ride
By LR

2005 Toyota Sequoia SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This SUV is superb! Granted, I only purchased my 2005 SR5 Sequoia 2 days ago but I am so pleased with my purchase. It handles amazingly well for such a large-side vehicle. I traded in my 2002 4Runner - which was a fantastic car and thought I would never part with it. But the Sequoia is easy to handle, is very comfortable, and all of the controls are within easy reach. I was considering the GMC Yukon but I'm very glad that I came to my senses and decided to stay with the Toyota family!

Favorite Features

Inside and outside styling, steering wheel radio controls, smooth ride

Suggested Improvements

Too soon to comment here - love everything about it.

Can't match it....
By Dr Val

2005 Toyota Sequoia Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Loving it all the way!!!

Favorite Features

Styling (purchased special limited edition with billet grille, special bumper and skid plate; available only in Tampa and LA). Sweet ride :)

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage... that's nothing new I am sure :(

Smooth as silk
By SK

2005 Toyota Sequoia SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I own an 03 SR5 Rwd, and the 05 is my 2nd Sequoia for a reason. I love the quality of the vehicle. It's super safe (saved me OTHER drivers' mistakes on a number of occasions), and is the surprisingly agile! The whole 'no chime for lights on' issue is alleviated by the fact that: a. you can turn your lights off by pressing the lock button on the keyless keyfob twice (light had to have been on while driving; if you turn the lights on after the car is off, it will stay on), and b. the lights turn off automatically under the same circumstances if the truck is off and the door has been closed. I think the timer is at about 30 seconds.

Favorite Features

I loved the torque of the 03, but the 05 took it up another notch. With a set of JBA headers and exhaust, the truck will have close to 300hp at the wheels. Other things: power tailgate window, moonroof, stability control features, looks, and overall comfort...

Suggested Improvements

Hmmmm.. My 03 tires went quickly at about 32K miles. The JBL 6-disk changer quality is questionable (swallowed CDs and had to be sent out to CA to get the extracted). I wonder if they can make third row seats fold into the floor? Toyota needs to issue a recall on the crappy dealership service reps!

excellent
By Melissa Hinzo

2005 Toyota Sequoia SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This car has exceeded my expectations by far. I feel safe, have room for eight adults and don't spend a fortune in gas. My Jeep Cherokee V-6 uses more gas than my Sequoia. I love it, and would highly recomend anyone to buy this SUV.

Favorite Features

The air bags (there are so many) it makes me feel safe.

Suggested Improvements

make a built in car seat for toddlers Crysler makes them in their vans and I would love to have them in the Sequoia. It would make business better.