2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:
Best full size SUV out there
By Shash on 05/18/05 17:16 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Pros: This is a great family vehicle. We sacrificed the 'bells and whistles' bundled with the other vehicles we saw, like DVD, heated seats, power folding rear seat, stearing wheel radio controls, etc. The quality of this vehicle far surpasses any other SUV in its class. The driver and passenger comfort is very good. Surprisingly, the vehicle handles more likee a car than a big truck. Cons: Pricier than most other SUVs its size. Wish it had a GPS system.

So glad I chose this car!
By Liz on 05/14/05 08:08 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I looked at many of the large SUV's and found the Toyota is the best bang for the buck! It is well known that Toyotas hold their resale value. This car drives so smoothly, has an awesome turning radius, I carpool as many as 7 kids at a time and still have the trunk for groceries, stroller, backpacks. The middle row pops up easily for kids to climb in the back row. Also, I have car seats which actually still fit 3 across! I don't feel like such a soccer mom driving around in this luxurious ride... oh and cup holders a plenty!

Toyota Sequoia
By Mark on 04/29/05 11:52 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Great vehicle inside and out. I wish it had better fuel mileage, but it is an SUV. Highly recommended.

best in class...by far
By todd on 04/15/05 17:09 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I looked at every SUV in the $35-$45k range. This had it all by far. The quality starts the moment you open and shut the door. It's just built better than the others I looked at.

Love it
By Lance Blandford on 04/11/05 18:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I traded in my Land Cruiser for this. Not quite as plush on the inside ($15000 cheaper) but well worth what I paid. Compared this vehicle to many more in it's class but had to stay with Toyota. There are none that can match the dependability nor build class.

Sequoia
By cowboy on 04/08/05 17:12 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Like it overall. the jury is still out on the transmission. I question the shift patterns. But the dealer says there's not a problem. But overall it is all i expected my first SUV to be.

Awesome SUV!
By Susanne on 04/06/05 13:20 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Sporty and large yet doesn't look like a soccer mom car. Smooth ride and very reliable.

Great large SUV
By Sequoia in No. Cal. on 03/29/05 01:28 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The Sequoia is the best overall large SUV out there. It has a great engine, large cabin and the rear window that retracts all the way down is a huge plus for carrying long items. The mileage isn't great but it is better then expected for such a large vehicle. The Navigation and DVD system are not up to par with the Acura system. The DVD needs to be controlled with a remote control and you can only enter an address in the Nav system when in Park. Small complaints for an overall great truck.

Dependable
By Tammy Hunter on 03/20/05 21:35 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The vehicle is great, there some small things that I would change, but as far as perfomance and depandabilty it is great!!!!

Sequoia recommended
By Austin Leigh on 03/19/05 16:02 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The Sequoia has been great! It was bigger than I thought however drove much smaller very nimble. I did not like how the Tahoe and the GMC products steering felt (too loose), and the entrance to the back seats are much easier than the Navigator. The engine sounds deep when you step, otherwise fairly quiet. Gas mileage is not good but it's a V8. No problems with squeaks or rattles of any kind.