Used 2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV Consumer Reviews - 115 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:

Reliable but not a lot of features
By mike

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This truck is one of the better SUVs that I have owned. It's very reliable but lacks in power and doesn't have a lot of features that you would find in similar priced cars.

Drives like a luxury car and high stance

More interior features and more power

Top of the line Sequoia Limited
By OnlydriveSUVs

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I told the dealership to find me the top of the line Sequoia, and they did. What a great vehicle! In addition to the top notch Toyota quality you get a huge SUV - comfortably seats 7. You can't beat this truck if you need space. I couldn't be happier. I've had it since July '05 and, of course, have had no problems. Avg 15-18 MPG.

Toyota quality. Nav system is great! Comfortable interior. Good engine power. Looks great in black!

Can't manipulate destination info on Nav system while moving - this is a painful safety feature.

Lovin My Quoia!
By Shana

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I absolutely love my vehicle. I can always rely on it to drive well and it never gives me any problems. The gas is very expensive but everything great about the vehicle makes up for it. I not only love it, I am proud to drive it.

Update on 2005 Sequoia
By snoopy

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have had my 05 Sequoia back to the dealer's twice for the same problem. Front end vibration and steering wheel centering in only 3300 miles. Little has been accomplished in both problems. Will probably need a THIRD visit. Dealer rebalanced all four tires (Dunlop) and rotated them with little difference. Also re-aligned front end. Will probably need a different set of tires, a la the Firestone problem. Gas gauge went to empty despite 3/4 tank of gas. Am thoroughly disgusted with this vehicle. Wish I had never traded my 2003 Suburban. In summary, SEQUOIA, OVER- RATED and OVER-PRICED.

None that I can think of.

Better tires, better instrument group, do away with the LCD displays. Certainly doesn't live up to the so- called GREAT RELIABILITY SCENARIO.

SR5 issues
By Jeff

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I ALWAYS wanted one, so I took the plunge. So far, the car has been a disappointment, but only due to small problems. These issues have included interior leather defects, headliner replacement, some minor body damage noticed at purchase, and a popping noise resulting from servos that "click" on at 25-30 mph which activate the VDSC system. This "click" sometimes feeds over into the audio system causing a "pop" in the speakers. The "click" is normal, but the "pop" is not. The dealer has been great with customer service and has always provided me with a vehicle while the Sequoia is in the shop. Evidently, the '05s & '06s have had more complaints about "weird" noises than any year model.

The interior is very roomy & I love the leather. Mine came w/ just about every option you could find, but I was really angry when I drove away & discovered that there were no audio controls on the steering wheel! You can rest easy driving b/c the safety features are the best in the industry.

When you pay 40K, a car should come well equipped. I thought for years that Toyota was too proud of the Sequoia. Toyota has an "option" for everything, which is why I've driven a Honda most of my life. It's also about time for a foldaway 3rd row seat!