Used 2005 Toyota Sequoia Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Sequoia - Consumer Reviews

2005 Toyota Sequoia

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:

Top of the line Sequoia Limited
By OnlydriveSUVs

2005 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I told the dealership to find me the top of the line Sequoia, and they did. What a great vehicle! In addition to the top notch Toyota quality you get a huge SUV - comfortably seats 7. You can't beat this truck if you need space. I couldn't be happier. I've had it since July '05 and, of course, have had no problems. Avg 15-18 MPG.

Favorite Features

Toyota quality. Nav system is great! Comfortable interior. Good engine power. Looks great in black!

Suggested Improvements

Can't manipulate destination info on Nav system while moving - this is a painful safety feature.

Lovin My Quoia!
By Shana

2005 Toyota Sequoia Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I absolutely love my vehicle. I can always rely on it to drive well and it never gives me any problems. The gas is very expensive but everything great about the vehicle makes up for it. I not only love it, I am proud to drive it.

Update on 2005 Sequoia
By snoopy

2005 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have had my 05 Sequoia back to the dealer's twice for the same problem. Front end vibration and steering wheel centering in only 3300 miles. Little has been accomplished in both problems. Will probably need a THIRD visit. Dealer rebalanced all four tires (Dunlop) and rotated them with little difference. Also re-aligned front end. Will probably need a different set of tires, a la the Firestone problem. Gas gauge went to empty despite 3/4 tank of gas. Am thoroughly disgusted with this vehicle. Wish I had never traded my 2003 Suburban. In summary, SEQUOIA, OVER- RATED and OVER-PRICED.

Favorite Features

None that I can think of.

Suggested Improvements

Better tires, better instrument group, do away with the LCD displays. Certainly doesn't live up to the so- called GREAT RELIABILITY SCENARIO.

SR5 issues
By Jeff

2005 Toyota Sequoia SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I ALWAYS wanted one, so I took the plunge. So far, the car has been a disappointment, but only due to small problems. These issues have included interior leather defects, headliner replacement, some minor body damage noticed at purchase, and a popping noise resulting from servos that "click" on at 25-30 mph which activate the VDSC system. This "click" sometimes feeds over into the audio system causing a "pop" in the speakers. The "click" is normal, but the "pop" is not. The dealer has been great with customer service and has always provided me with a vehicle while the Sequoia is in the shop. Evidently, the '05s & '06s have had more complaints about "weird" noises than any year model.

Favorite Features

The interior is very roomy & I love the leather. Mine came w/ just about every option you could find, but I was really angry when I drove away & discovered that there were no audio controls on the steering wheel! You can rest easy driving b/c the safety features are the best in the industry.

Suggested Improvements

When you pay 40K, a car should come well equipped. I thought for years that Toyota was too proud of the Sequoia. Toyota has an "option" for everything, which is why I've driven a Honda most of my life. It's also about time for a foldaway 3rd row seat!

Great Truck!
By execellent truck

2005 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned many different SUVs over the years, this is without a doubt the best I've ever owned. I had a Chev Blazer, Chev Tahoa, Ford Explorer, Ford Expedition and Jeep. Nothing compares to the quality of the truck. I have not had any problems in 35,000 miles. I would definitely recommend the SUV to anyone needing this type of vehicle.

Favorite Features

Quality, Reliablity, and ride of the truck. 6 disk CD player is great.

Suggested Improvements

Needs to have Dual A/C vents for the driver and passenger.