2005 Toyota Sequoia - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:
Best SUV
By susan on 07/04/05 17:55 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sequoia Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Owned since Dec. and love everything about it! Comfortable seating for everyone and great looks! It's like driving in your lazy boy...this suv is awesome!

The Sequoia vs The Armada
By Gerald on 06/27/05 13:37 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sequoia SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Went from a Previa to the Sequoia. We consider Armada a great vehicle with great acceleration (0-60 is 1.5 secs faster than Sequoia and fold away seats and bold styling. Armada's brake issue was troublesome though. Chose Sequoia last minute for the smooth, quiet ride and the Toyota reliability (despite a more conservatively styled exterior and 20hp less). Armada is great if you tow and have time to spend at the shop to remedy the brakes. The Sequoia is the ULTIMATE minivan substitute if comfort, dependability, gas mileage, and interior space/flexibility are paramount(rear seat splits while Armada's is one-piece). There are more things standard on Sequoia than the brochure indicates.

I LOVE MY SEQUOIA!
By KDay on 06/26/05 12:02 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sequoia Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I cannot think of a negative thing to say about my sequoia! I have enjoyed it completely! The back seats are a little hard to remove but I dont have to do that often

solid ride
By sparky on 06/24/05 18:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

the sequoia has a comfortable ride for being built on a truck frame. all the options for safety and entertainment are great.

Not So Good w/ Standing Behind Product
By cmadeira on 06/16/05 16:57 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sequoia SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Good ride and plenty of power - nice styling - had problem with design of 3rd row seat resulting in a bent latching mechanism - Toyota will not stand behind the product and repair under warranty. Also having trouble with bad exhaust odor in cabin after heavy acceleration - this seems to big a very common complaint from owners, but dealer in Austin did not know what to do about it. Will probably consider other makes next time around.

Great Overall Truck
By jaggedviper on 06/13/05 01:02 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought an '05 Limited 4x4 in May. Nice, roomy, well thought out. Gets better mileage (15/18) than the 6 cylinder Land Cruiser (13/15)I had before this! Purposely waited deep into the model year to hopefully have the bugs mentioned in the forums ironed out. So far, so good! 5 speed is smooth and sure. No vibrations, wind noises, ABS/VSC/transmission issues or annoyances. Plenty of power with the '05 V8. Would have liked the Nav, but did not want the rear DVD and Luxury package options. Seemed like these three were all lumped in together in the vehicles available. A Garmin StreetPilot c330 fixed that! All in all, a great truck for my needs. Plenty of room, nice style and performance.

Best Vehicle I've ever owned!
By Susie on 05/21/05 12:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sequoia Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this SUV used and have never had to have any work done on it except normal upkeep. It is the most comfortable car I've ever owned. When replacement time comes, I will replace it with another Sequoia.

Family fights to drive the Sequoia!
By Curtis Berge on 05/21/05 09:38 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

It’s a 2004, owned for 18 months, with 21K. It has been very reliable, so far. Yea it's large, yet doesn't ride like a big a boat. Makes you feel like your driving a vehicle half the size. Has a smooth, comfortable ride in any seat. Engine has nice pick up and the gas mileage isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I have gotten up to 19 miles to the gallon (speed limit driving) on the highway! Love this SUV!

Went to buy a van
By toyo luver on 05/20/05 19:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sequoia Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I went to buy a van and almost did, till I drove the Sequoia. I felt just like I did when I was 16 and bought my 1st Toyota, a 1977 Celica. Still the best I’ve ever owned, brand new off showroom floor. Wife and I were going to buy a van my kids insisted we drive a Sequoia before we made our mind up. The van was it until I hit the gas pedal and felt the smooth acceleration and was very impressed when I looked at the speedometer and saw I was way past speed limit. Why buy a Lexus.

Excellent SUV
By Daddy on 05/19/05 16:30 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

With a wife and three toddlers, this truck fits the bill. Comfort for them, toys for me (NAV, performance, looks). Kids watch the DVD and have their own headsets, don't hear a peep from them when watching Shrek. The only thing and this is minor would be more cargo space, but can always get one of those Thules for the roof. Highly recommend.