2005 Toyota Sequoia - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:
2005 sequoia
By jrodgers on 09/26/05 16:29 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sequoia SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Very comfortable drivers seat. Have a back problem and traded in my 4Runner on the Sequoia. Big! Lots of room! Gas guzzler, but that is to be expected. Reverse detent not easy to get into. Gear shift on the steering column not a plus. Terrible turning radius. Excessive idle speed for about three to five minutes when first started. Could prove dangerous. Vibration at 30-50 mph when climbing a gently hill.Feels like a missfire, but the dealer here said all is ok. Park distance warning a must for this vehicle. Tires seem to lose pressure more quickly than other I have had. Have tire press. monitor system.

Nothing but problems!
By disappointed on 09/23/05 23:41 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sequoia Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Loved the truck until 5000 miles. Started sputtering and jerking under light acceleration while goig up hills. Dealer first said it was a computer problem. After three visits to the shop it became a transmission problem. The dealer replaced the transmission but the problem is no better. After two more days in the shop the dealer now says it is a "trait of the vehicle." Seems odd to me that two test drivers thought the problem was severe enought to warrant spending $3700 for a new transmission but now it is a vehicle trait! Truck is very uncomfortable on the interstate because every time you go up a slight incline or an uphill on ramp the car jerks and sputters. Nice trait Toyota!

Over Rated
By snoopy on 09/20/05 04:37 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Traded a 2003 Suburban. Would not do it again. The Suburban has it all over the Sequoia when it comes to bells and whistles. Very disappointed in the Sequoia. As for reliability, already the plastic connectors(a .05 cent part) on both ends of the latch rod have broken. The Suburban has more room and cargo space. I got better gas mileage on my Suburban than the Sequoia and the Sequoia is the Limited model. Although it is made in Indiana and my Burb was made in Canada apparently my Sequoia was assembled either on Monday or Friday. In 2007 the Suburban is supposed to have an all new look. I will probably be going back to a Suburban. After all the Suburban is the Grandaddy of SUVs.

Great Truck
By rileyb on 09/12/05 15:30 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sequoia Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is truly a quality built truck. Previously owned a 2003 Sequoia. When replacing the 2003, I drove every other SUV on the market. I wanted to make sure I still wanted the Sequoia. After driving everything else, I still purchased the Sequoia. There is currently no other vehicle in the same class as the Sequoia. So far, the 2005 has been perfect, no problems, no service other, than standard oil changes, etc. I put over 35,000 miles on the 2003, it was flawless. I never had any service problems of any kind. I would make the same purchase again.

LOVE this truck
By cat1996 on 08/25/05 13:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

After having a Tahoe for years this is SO much better! Looks better too. Love the console between the middle seats to keep kids separated and pretty much love everything about this SUV. Took it on a 1400 mile trip last month with 2 kids and husband and have NO complaints at all. Lots of room for packing and comfortable ride. DVD definitely a plus on a 9 hour drive. Kids were able to plug the Gamecube in and play with the AV inputs and electrical outlet - you can't beat that feature!

very well designed
By ranma22 on 08/20/05 14:35 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sequoia Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The primary reason I liked this vehicle is the exterior design - it looks luxurious and comparable to the Land Cruiser. The fender wall makes this vehicle muscular. After I purchased the vehicle, I was very satisfied w/ the handling and comfort of driving. What about the engine? It feels very powerful. The actual mileage I'm getting so far driving on surface streets is about 12 to 13 miles per gallon; on the freeway, I'm getting about 14 miles per gallon. I logged all mileage and gallons of gas when I fill up my tank so that's how I obtained the numbers.

wonderful ride
By LR on 08/02/05 21:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sequoia SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This SUV is superb! Granted, I only purchased my 2005 SR5 Sequoia 2 days ago but I am so pleased with my purchase. It handles amazingly well for such a large-side vehicle. I traded in my 2002 4Runner - which was a fantastic car and thought I would never part with it. But the Sequoia is easy to handle, is very comfortable, and all of the controls are within easy reach. I was considering the GMC Yukon but I'm very glad that I came to my senses and decided to stay with the Toyota family!

Can't match it....
By Dr Val on 07/29/05 18:55 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sequoia Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Loving it all the way!!!

Smooth as silk
By SK on 07/21/05 10:48 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sequoia SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I own an 03 SR5 Rwd, and the 05 is my 2nd Sequoia for a reason. I love the quality of the vehicle. It's super safe (saved me OTHER drivers' mistakes on a number of occasions), and is the surprisingly agile! The whole 'no chime for lights on' issue is alleviated by the fact that: a. you can turn your lights off by pressing the lock button on the keyless keyfob twice (light had to have been on while driving; if you turn the lights on after the car is off, it will stay on), and b. the lights turn off automatically under the same circumstances if the truck is off and the door has been closed. I think the timer is at about 30 seconds.

excellent
By Melissa Hinzo on 07/16/05 03:28 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sequoia SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This car has exceeded my expectations by far. I feel safe, have room for eight adults and don't spend a fortune in gas. My Jeep Cherokee V-6 uses more gas than my Sequoia. I love it, and would highly recomend anyone to buy this SUV.