2005 Toyota Sequoia 4.7L V8 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - 20 Months of Ownership

2005 Toyota Sequoia - Consumer Review

SR5 4dr SUV (4.7L V8 5-speed Automatic)

20 Months of Ownership
By cneighbor on

2005 Toyota Sequoia SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I prefer to wait a while before I offer my opinion so this should help used car buyers. The Sequoia is an excellent vehicle. Don't buy this truck if you're looking for a lot of gizmos. It's pretty plain jane compared to the competition. However, if you're looking for a very smooth ride and the satisfaction of knowing this SUV will last forever then buy one. This is a classic Toyota... great ride, quality, reliability and timeless styling. Just a couple of negatives mentioned below. I won't complain about gas mileage. I still don't understand people who buy a V8 SUV and do???

Favorite Features

Very smooth ride, good power and smooth transmission, almost flawless reliability (side mirror developed a rattle and was replaced), tons of room (8 adult/children comfortable), classic styling (looks like it will age gracefully--think Jeep Wagoneer), resale value.

Suggested Improvements

The JBL system is overrated... just doesn't sound very good, third row seat design is outdated, audio controls on the steering wheel should be standard (we were smart enough to special order it on our SR5), low pressure light for the tires is touchy (changes in temp will affect it every time).