Used 2005 Toyota Sequoia Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Sequoia - Consumer Reviews

2005 Toyota Sequoia

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:

Love My Truck to Death
By Love my Truck

2005 Toyota Sequoia SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My truck rides like a car, at times people outside do not even realize there's a truck behind them, thats how silent the 4.7 Liter V8 (lexus) engine is. Although, I have had problems with the rear window & broken door latch, I really don't care because these thing are simply cosmetic to me. My truck runs, feels and looks great.

Favorite Features

Looks, smooth ride, engine response, cargo area and finally knowing that Toyota maintains its value.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas millage

Great vehicle
By akers1996

2005 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased it two weeks ago. Love it, best SUV I have owned. Fuel mileage could be better but hey it's a SUV. Plenty on interior room, beautiful vehicle on the outside. Very glad I bought it.

Favorite Features

Lots of room. Plenty of power.

Suggested Improvements

Better fuel mileage

05 Sequoia is like most Toyotas!
By Yota Fan

2005 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought mine used from a dealer in SC. One owner well maintained! In a day when most folks are cashing in on great mileage vehicles I opt to sell my 4Runner at 21 mpg avg. for a 15 mpg avg. vehicle. Sounds crazy but it is at best a weekend vehicle and vacation SUV. This is what I wanted in the beginning when I bought the 4Runner new which I still love but just lacked the room. It has decent power and drives like my Suburban which is a work vehicle as far as smoothness and comfort. I am a Toyota fan to say the least and have been for 21 years since high school with my 1983 Celica GT which I wish I had back many times. The only thing I can't get to work is the Homelink for my garage.

Favorite Features

Leather interior and controls. I like the layout of the vehicle and ease of removing seats (3rd row) that is not needed daily.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe a few more miles per gallon but I won't hold my breath for that future development.

Love my Sequoia
By 2005 Sequoia

2005 Toyota Sequoia SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We bought the Sequoia new from the dealership and got an awesome price. We have used it to tow our boat and friends to the lake with no problems. We have 2 kids and plenty of room, barely use the 3rd row. Only had 1 recall on the tailgate hydraulics. We have 45k miles and no hints of any problems. We put the Michelin tires on and much better ride (if possible). I love the comfort as a driver and as a passenger. Plenty of room even in the back passenger seats. We hauled 8 volleyball players to a long distance tournament and no space complaints. I love this model but I am not happy to see the 2009 look. Looks too much like a Durango. Hopefully when we need a new one they will look different!

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, plenty of space, towing capacity. Much more sleek design than the Tahoe and Yukon's which is great when you are trying to park it in tight spaces

Suggested Improvements

Better design on the fold down 3rd row. Heavy and sometimes hard to remove the seats.

Excellent Value for Money
By Marut

2005 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this truck in 2005 just before Katrina hit and it was just for family weekends. Now I am driving it 3 days to work and even with the high gas price I manage it as I am getting about 17-18 miles a gallon (90/10 hwy/city). I have been thinking of getting a smaller commuter car but was rear ended couple of days ago at about 50 mph and the other car was smashed up badly and I had to literally go out and try to find where my truck was damaged as the hitch had taken all the brunt of the crash. The emergency responders as well as police and fire personal were awed by the vehicles safety so now forget the small commuting car as I probably saved a lot more than few dollars in gas - MY LIFE

Favorite Features

GPS, 4wd, sound system

Suggested Improvements

None