Used 2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Sequoia - Consumer Reviews

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:

Best full size SUV out there
By Shash

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Pros: This is a great family vehicle. We sacrificed the 'bells and whistles' bundled with the other vehicles we saw, like DVD, heated seats, power folding rear seat, stearing wheel radio controls, etc. The quality of this vehicle far surpasses any other SUV in its class. The driver and passenger comfort is very good. Surprisingly, the vehicle handles more likee a car than a big truck. Cons: Pricier than most other SUVs its size. Wish it had a GPS system.

Favorite Features

Auto sun/moon roof, 6-cd changer, power rear window, roomy cargo area, plenty of cup holders, very elegant styling.

Suggested Improvements

Steering wheel radio/cd controls, GPS system should be included in a vehicle in this class, better mileage would be nice, mp3/wma player.

So glad I chose this car!
By Liz

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I looked at many of the large SUV's and found the Toyota is the best bang for the buck! It is well known that Toyotas hold their resale value. This car drives so smoothly, has an awesome turning radius, I carpool as many as 7 kids at a time and still have the trunk for groceries, stroller, backpacks. The middle row pops up easily for kids to climb in the back row. Also, I have car seats which actually still fit 3 across! I don't feel like such a soccer mom driving around in this luxurious ride... oh and cup holders a plenty!

Favorite Features

like the roominess, the ease of the 2nd row seat, many cup holders, great turning radius. quiet ride.

Suggested Improvements

The radio controls on the steering wheel change to your preset channels unless you hold it down...it should seek instead, like the Land Rover. Sounds stupid, but it's a big deal when you drive all the time.

Toyota Sequoia
By Mark

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Great vehicle inside and out. I wish it had better fuel mileage, but it is an SUV. Highly recommended.

Favorite Features

Appearance, handling and performance.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the fuel mileage.

best in class...by far
By todd

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I looked at every SUV in the $35-$45k range. This had it all by far. The quality starts the moment you open and shut the door. It's just built better than the others I looked at.

Favorite Features

The seats and their ease of use. We have three kids and getting them in and out is a brease. I also like the looks, style, and power of the Sequoia.

Suggested Improvements

None that I can think of right now. I'll chime back in a year or so if anything comes up.

Love it
By Lance Blandford

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I traded in my Land Cruiser for this. Not quite as plush on the inside ($15000 cheaper) but well worth what I paid. Compared this vehicle to many more in it's class but had to stay with Toyota. There are none that can match the dependability nor build class.

Favorite Features

Size, exterior design, and JBL 6 disc changer

Suggested Improvements

Location of A/C controls