Used 2005 Toyota Sequoia Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Sequoia - Consumer Reviews

2005 Toyota Sequoia

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:

2005 sequoia
By jrodgers

2005 Toyota Sequoia SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Very comfortable drivers seat. Have a back problem and traded in my 4Runner on the Sequoia. Big! Lots of room! Gas guzzler, but that is to be expected. Reverse detent not easy to get into. Gear shift on the steering column not a plus. Terrible turning radius. Excessive idle speed for about three to five minutes when first started. Could prove dangerous. Vibration at 30-50 mph when climbing a gently hill.Feels like a missfire, but the dealer here said all is ok. Park distance warning a must for this vehicle. Tires seem to lose pressure more quickly than other I have had. Have tire press. monitor system.

Favorite Features

Driver's seat comfort. Room.

Suggested Improvements

Engine idle speed. Sensation of a "miss" or vibration when climbing at 30-50 mph. Reduce the "bulk" of the vehicle. Closing the tailgate requires excessive force. Park assist should be standard on such a vehicle.

Nice vehicle
By Momma3

2005 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I really enjoy driving this vehicle. It handles nicely and has ample cargo room. Back seats fold up easily for addl cargo room. Gas mileage is poor, but I expected that when I bought it. Great car for 3 kids who can climb in the back and buckle themselves in. Comfort is so so. We also own a Chevy Suburban and take that on road trips due to more comfortable seats and additional leg room. Placement of DVD player is poor - located inside storage compartment between front driver and passenger seats. Must pull over to put in new movie if alone in front seat. Placement of seat warmer switches poor. They get turned on accidently all the time. Dash controls are designed well.

Favorite Features

Navigation system, seat warmers, power seats, power moonroof, love the exterior design, handles well on turns, excellent control when braking quickly.

Suggested Improvements

Change switch location for seat warmers - they get turned on accidently quite often, dvd player location is not driver friendly. Make front seats roomier and more comfortable and increase leg room for driver.

Great vehicle
By akers1996

2005 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased it two weeks ago. Love it, best SUV I have owned. Fuel mileage could be better but hey it's a SUV. Plenty on interior room, beautiful vehicle on the outside. Very glad I bought it.

Favorite Features

Lots of room. Plenty of power.

Suggested Improvements

Better fuel mileage

I love this truck!
By CodyandKatie

2005 Toyota Sequoia SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I traded in a Kia Sportage for my Toyota Sequoia, and I couldn't be happier except in the gas department, of course. Great vehicle for those who don't want a minivan.

Favorite Features

Spacious 3rd row seating.

Suggested Improvements

Back hatch is HEAVY.

Don't leave home without it
By papote1111

2005 Toyota Sequoia SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have now own my truck for the past 8 years. It feels like new except for the new tires I purchased they are meant for off road instead of highway other, than my truck is solid, looks good and feels great. I highly recommend Toyota trucks they are piece of mind worriers free and tremendous reliably.

Favorite Features

No engine noise inside cabin, spacious and engine power

Suggested Improvements

Better fuel consumption