Used 2005 Toyota Sequoia SR5 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Sequoia - Consumer Reviews

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:

Don't leave home without it
By papote1111

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have now own my truck for the past 8 years. It feels like new except for the new tires I purchased they are meant for off road instead of highway other, than my truck is solid, looks good and feels great. I highly recommend Toyota trucks they are piece of mind worriers free and tremendous reliably.

Favorite Features

No engine noise inside cabin, spacious and engine power

Suggested Improvements

Better fuel consumption

I love this truck!
By CodyandKatie

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I traded in a Kia Sportage for my Toyota Sequoia, and I couldn't be happier except in the gas department, of course. Great vehicle for those who don't want a minivan.

Favorite Features

Spacious 3rd row seating.

Suggested Improvements

Back hatch is HEAVY.

Not great
By CentralValley

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We bought it to replace a Honda Odyssey because it was quieter and felt more solid. However, it performs worse, averages 7 MPG less and is not as comfortable or cargo-friendly. It refuses to get over 18 mpg on the highway and averages 13 in town. The socket to slide the 3rd row middle shoulder belt into will not hold it in place, so it dangles from the roof. One of the plastic moldings on the exterior of the rt. rear door came loose for no reason. The power rear window motor burned out and needed to be replaced. The dealer said that was common.(???) The rubber flaps in the front cup holders have torn out so cups aren't held snug. Too many cheap, hard plastic surfaces inside.

Favorite Features

Power rear window, reclining 2nd and 3rd row seats, rear A/C controls, auto- off headlights, fog lights, full-size trailer hitch, strong V8, peace of mind that it will get my family to our destination.

Suggested Improvements

3rd row seat that folds flat instead of having to be removed, better fuel management, Transmission that doesn't hesitate, MUCH stronger brakes! Stereo volume control knob that actually works, Aux input for stereo and steering wheel controls, daytime running lights.

Love My Truck to Death
By Love my Truck

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My truck rides like a car, at times people outside do not even realize there's a truck behind them, thats how silent the 4.7 Liter V8 (lexus) engine is. Although, I have had problems with the rear window & broken door latch, I really don't care because these thing are simply cosmetic to me. My truck runs, feels and looks great.

Favorite Features

Looks, smooth ride, engine response, cargo area and finally knowing that Toyota maintains its value.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas millage

Love my Sequoia
By 2005 Sequoia

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We bought the Sequoia new from the dealership and got an awesome price. We have used it to tow our boat and friends to the lake with no problems. We have 2 kids and plenty of room, barely use the 3rd row. Only had 1 recall on the tailgate hydraulics. We have 45k miles and no hints of any problems. We put the Michelin tires on and much better ride (if possible). I love the comfort as a driver and as a passenger. Plenty of room even in the back passenger seats. We hauled 8 volleyball players to a long distance tournament and no space complaints. I love this model but I am not happy to see the 2009 look. Looks too much like a Durango. Hopefully when we need a new one they will look different!

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, plenty of space, towing capacity. Much more sleek design than the Tahoe and Yukon's which is great when you are trying to park it in tight spaces

Suggested Improvements

Better design on the fold down 3rd row. Heavy and sometimes hard to remove the seats.