2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:
My Sequoia
By british1970 on 03/17/08 22:03 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Very nice and very reliable, the only problem with Sequoia 05 is there is NO automatic door hatch in the back and its hard to operate when it rains or when you have something in your hand and consumes a lot of gas,but the rest is ok it's very powerful.

Am I the Only One?
By Texas Toyota on 02/12/07 13:04 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The Sequoia is a beautiful SUV. We replaced a Suburban with it but unfortunately have been disappointed. The ride is not only rougher but the road noise is much louder. We replaced the factory tires hoping to reduce the road noise but that didn't help. The gas mileage is lower than advertised being consistently 13.6 MPG combined city/highway (about 17 - 18 MPG highway). Also, its braking distance seems longer. There were several little problems for the first six months. This is our first Toyota and I have not seen a big difference in quality or performance.

Wife's New Car
By Joe Turpel on 10/27/06 14:52 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My wife loves this car; everything from the comfort to the design, the power on acceleration, handling, the sound system, the silence when the widows are up, cargo space, the navigation system, back up camera, satellite radio and the DVD player.

Great
By dave on 09/16/06 07:37 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Comfort, and handling are excellent. The clock and climate control instruments are hard to read as they is low and to the side. The car also vibrates at a harmonic frequency when you drive with the rear windows down.

The Best SUV Ever
By My Sequoia on 06/23/06 00:38 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I got this Sequoia for almost a year now and everytime I used it, it put a smile on my face because I know that I made the right decision on buying this car . The safety and reliability you can't ask for more.Two thumbs up...

Lovin My Quoia!
By Shana on 11/26/05 17:52 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I absolutely love my vehicle. I can always rely on it to drive well and it never gives me any problems. The gas is very expensive but everything great about the vehicle makes up for it. I not only love it, I am proud to drive it.

Nothing but problems!
By disappointed on 09/23/05 23:41 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Loved the truck until 5000 miles. Started sputtering and jerking under light acceleration while goig up hills. Dealer first said it was a computer problem. After three visits to the shop it became a transmission problem. The dealer replaced the transmission but the problem is no better. After two more days in the shop the dealer now says it is a "trait of the vehicle." Seems odd to me that two test drivers thought the problem was severe enought to warrant spending $3700 for a new transmission but now it is a vehicle trait! Truck is very uncomfortable on the interstate because every time you go up a slight incline or an uphill on ramp the car jerks and sputters. Nice trait Toyota!

Great Truck
By rileyb on 09/12/05 15:30 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is truly a quality built truck. Previously owned a 2003 Sequoia. When replacing the 2003, I drove every other SUV on the market. I wanted to make sure I still wanted the Sequoia. After driving everything else, I still purchased the Sequoia. There is currently no other vehicle in the same class as the Sequoia. So far, the 2005 has been perfect, no problems, no service other, than standard oil changes, etc. I put over 35,000 miles on the 2003, it was flawless. I never had any service problems of any kind. I would make the same purchase again.

very well designed
By ranma22 on 08/20/05 14:35 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The primary reason I liked this vehicle is the exterior design - it looks luxurious and comparable to the Land Cruiser. The fender wall makes this vehicle muscular. After I purchased the vehicle, I was very satisfied w/ the handling and comfort of driving. What about the engine? It feels very powerful. The actual mileage I'm getting so far driving on surface streets is about 12 to 13 miles per gallon; on the freeway, I'm getting about 14 miles per gallon. I logged all mileage and gallons of gas when I fill up my tank so that's how I obtained the numbers.

Can't match it....
By Dr Val on 07/29/05 18:55 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Loving it all the way!!!