2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:
Don't leave home without it
By papote1111 on 05/15/13 06:59 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have now own my truck for the past 8 years. It feels like new except for the new tires I purchased they are meant for off road instead of highway other, than my truck is solid, looks good and feels great. I highly recommend Toyota trucks they are piece of mind worriers free and tremendous reliably.

$300 repair
By eric135 on 05/10/12 07:01 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased 2005 Sequoia and at 97K check engine light and VSC light dealer quoted $3000 to repair internal engine switches. WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER TOYOTA.

I love this truck!
By CodyandKatie on 09/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I traded in a Kia Sportage for my Toyota Sequoia, and I couldn't be happier except in the gas department, of course. Great vehicle for those who don't want a minivan.

Toyota Reliability?????
By John on 04/25/10 04:42 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I was always told that toyota had the best vehicles out there, I don't beleive that anymore. At 28,000 miles I could already feel the transmission going out on this suv. I took it 3 times to 2 different dealers and none of them would admit that it had a problem. I was at at the middle of a huge intersection when I decided I had to make a u-turn, and guess what? the car just died out on me right there in the middle. Dealer found nothing wrong with it. I purchased this car with 25,000 miles on it, and it was a certified vehicle. Is anyone surprised about all the recalls toyota is facing right now? I'm not. Thank you for your failure to me toyota. I am going all american from now on.

Not great
By CentralValley on 01/13/10 16:59 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We bought it to replace a Honda Odyssey because it was quieter and felt more solid. However, it performs worse, averages 7 MPG less and is not as comfortable or cargo-friendly. It refuses to get over 18 mpg on the highway and averages 13 in town. The socket to slide the 3rd row middle shoulder belt into will not hold it in place, so it dangles from the roof. One of the plastic moldings on the exterior of the rt. rear door came loose for no reason. The power rear window motor burned out and needed to be replaced. The dealer said that was common.(???) The rubber flaps in the front cup holders have torn out so cups aren't held snug. Too many cheap, hard plastic surfaces inside.

Love My Truck to Death
By Love my Truck on 12/09/09 12:41 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My truck rides like a car, at times people outside do not even realize there's a truck behind them, thats how silent the 4.7 Liter V8 (lexus) engine is. Although, I have had problems with the rear window & broken door latch, I really don't care because these thing are simply cosmetic to me. My truck runs, feels and looks great.

Great vehicle
By akers1996 on 12/11/08 12:48 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased it two weeks ago. Love it, best SUV I have owned. Fuel mileage could be better but hey it's a SUV. Plenty on interior room, beautiful vehicle on the outside. Very glad I bought it.

05 Sequoia is like most Toyotas!
By Yota Fan on 09/26/08 05:46 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought mine used from a dealer in SC. One owner well maintained! In a day when most folks are cashing in on great mileage vehicles I opt to sell my 4Runner at 21 mpg avg. for a 15 mpg avg. vehicle. Sounds crazy but it is at best a weekend vehicle and vacation SUV. This is what I wanted in the beginning when I bought the 4Runner new which I still love but just lacked the room. It has decent power and drives like my Suburban which is a work vehicle as far as smoothness and comfort. I am a Toyota fan to say the least and have been for 21 years since high school with my 1983 Celica GT which I wish I had back many times. The only thing I can't get to work is the Homelink for my garage.

Love my Sequoia
By 2005 Sequoia on 05/31/08 22:34 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We bought the Sequoia new from the dealership and got an awesome price. We have used it to tow our boat and friends to the lake with no problems. We have 2 kids and plenty of room, barely use the 3rd row. Only had 1 recall on the tailgate hydraulics. We have 45k miles and no hints of any problems. We put the Michelin tires on and much better ride (if possible). I love the comfort as a driver and as a passenger. Plenty of room even in the back passenger seats. We hauled 8 volleyball players to a long distance tournament and no space complaints. I love this model but I am not happy to see the 2009 look. Looks too much like a Durango. Hopefully when we need a new one they will look different!

Excellent Value for Money
By Marut on 05/21/08 14:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this truck in 2005 just before Katrina hit and it was just for family weekends. Now I am driving it 3 days to work and even with the high gas price I manage it as I am getting about 17-18 miles a gallon (90/10 hwy/city). I have been thinking of getting a smaller commuter car but was rear ended couple of days ago at about 50 mph and the other car was smashed up badly and I had to literally go out and try to find where my truck was damaged as the hitch had taken all the brunt of the crash. The emergency responders as well as police and fire personal were awed by the vehicles safety so now forget the small commuting car as I probably saved a lot more than few dollars in gas - MY LIFE