Used 2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:

Excellent Ride, Disappointing Reliability
By Mark

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased new. It has a comfortable interior and smooth, quiet ride-especially given its size. I have had several expensive (several hundred dollar each) repairs including: replace door actuator (automatic lock failure), replace passenger side mirror (motor failure), disable driver side mirror retractor motor (stuck), replace overhead electric console (temp/fuel mpg/DTE indicator - broken button), replace back hatch latch (broken). Am aware of others with other Toyota vehicles with some of the same problems. These repairs have soured me on Toyota reliability but I have kept it so far because it is a comfortable ride.

Don't leave home without it
By papote1111

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have now own my truck for the past 8 years. It feels like new except for the new tires I purchased they are meant for off road instead of highway other, than my truck is solid, looks good and feels great. I highly recommend Toyota trucks they are piece of mind worriers free and tremendous reliably.

No engine noise inside cabin, spacious and engine power

Better fuel consumption

$300 repair
By eric135

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased 2005 Sequoia and at 97K check engine light and VSC light dealer quoted $3000 to repair internal engine switches. WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER TOYOTA.

I love this truck!
By CodyandKatie

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I traded in a Kia Sportage for my Toyota Sequoia, and I couldn't be happier except in the gas department, of course. Great vehicle for those who don't want a minivan.

Spacious 3rd row seating.

Back hatch is HEAVY.

Toyota Reliability?????
By John

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I was always told that toyota had the best vehicles out there, I don't beleive that anymore. At 28,000 miles I could already feel the transmission going out on this suv. I took it 3 times to 2 different dealers and none of them would admit that it had a problem. I was at at the middle of a huge intersection when I decided I had to make a u-turn, and guess what? the car just died out on me right there in the middle. Dealer found nothing wrong with it. I purchased this car with 25,000 miles on it, and it was a certified vehicle. Is anyone surprised about all the recalls toyota is facing right now? I'm not. Thank you for your failure to me toyota. I am going all american from now on.

Exterior looks, roominess

Make it a reliable vehicle. Do something about the exhaust, when you accelerate to hard it smells horrible. Also, the ac and heat unit leaves off a very disguisting and musty smell.

• SUV