2004 Toyota Sequoia Consumer Review: Rear Hatch has flaws

2004 Toyota Sequoia SUV - Consumer Review

Rear Hatch has flaws
By Nicole on

2004 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I was disappointed with this vehicle. I had always heard how wonderful Toyota was and actually I liked my jeep grand cherokee much better. I only traded it because I needed a bigger vehicle. The rear liftgate has been stuck shut 7 times and this seems to be a common problem. Also - the rear window stopped working after about 50K miles. When the seats are folded up, they slam backwards and can catch a kids hand or foot if you're not careful. I also think for the price, the passenger side should have a power lumbar (like the Chevys and Jeeps have). Overall - the seats are stiff and not comfortable - when I trade I will be going back to Jeep or to a Suburban.

Favorite features are the large sunroof and DVD system combined. I did like the rear window going down (when it worked.)

Fix the rear hatch. Though I was told it was because it is driven on a dirt road. But isn't this a 4X4 and shouldn't it be able to handle a dirt road??? Also fix the seats so when they are folded up they lock in place so they don't slam down.