2004 Toyota Sequoia SR5 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Sequoia - Consumer Reviews

2004 Sequoia Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:

Sort Reviews by

Nice
By bhd

2004 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

We just drove our new SR5 on a 1500 mile vacation. The vehicle was great to drive. It was smooth, comfortable and had lots of power when passing. I couldn't wait to get back into the seat and drive it some more. I couldn't be happier with our choice of the Sequoia. I had to watch myself as I wouldn't be paying attention and I find myself doing 90 on the highway and it felt like 50. I really like this car.

Favorite Features

I love the way it drives. It is so smooth. It was fun.

Suggested Improvements

I had trouble seeing the clock and the temp. display during the day. Also, the armrests are a little flimsy. (Nit-picky stuff but they could be improved).

This vehicle saved my life
By CEOCAOCEO

2004 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I was hit by an out-of-control Explorer doing 80 mph. It slammed my Sequoia into a water-filled ditch and we hit the guard rail sideways. I was going 70mph and the Sequoia did not roll or falter. It truly saved me and my daughter. I will never own anything else.

Favorite Features

How solid and heavy it is and the overall quality. I feel safe in it and it handles so well. Good pick-up too.

Suggested Improvements

Make the drivers seat go back farther.

One Satisfied Customer
By Jay Steven

2004 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have leased and driven (4) Ford Explorers over the past ten years and figured I would only drive Explorers forever. When my lease was nearing an end last month, I figured I look around at the competition. I drove the Volvo XC90, BWM X5 , VW Touareg, the latest Explorer and the Toyota Sequoia. Hands down, the Sequoia impressed me the most...and continues to every day.

Favorite Features

Handles like a luxury car, it's quiet, the top of the line JBL stereo rocks, and it's really comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Probably an impossibility, but better gas mileage would be nice. But with everything else going for it, I really can't complain.

MY OPINION
By DAVID SOKOLOSKI

2004 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

All around nice vehicle! Never thought I'd own a Toyota due to cost but, after extensive comparison shopping do not and know I will never regret spending the extra time and money. I don't like the driver's side seat belt which can be difficult at times to put on because of location (hard to get a hold of). The clock is difficult to see; to low on console and the temperature controls are confusing to operate.

Favorite Features

Lots of room for passengers and a good feeling of safety when driving. Great vehicle for long trips on the highway.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe a fold down rear door, because when you put anything in the back (ie. groceries or purchases by the time you get to your destination, open the hatch everything wants to fall out. After a few costly losses of merchandise, I've learned to be a little more careful when opening

the best suv made
By bevelh

2004 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

best suv ever and the best dealership in Florida. i will forever be a toyota buyer

Favorite Features

everything

Suggested Improvements

none

Sequoia
By gesfire

2004 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Good quality,good ride, very spacious and comfortable

Suggested Improvements

Arm rests on front chairs need a bit improving, more padding, etc.

EXCELLENT SUV
By PAGETOWNUSA

2004 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

THESE SUV HAS A VERY POWERFUL ENGINE YOU CAN ACCELERATE VEY QUICKLY WITHOUT THE JUMP THAT MOST SUVS DO. IT VERY COMFORTLY SEATS 8 PASSENGERS WITH FEELING LIKE YOUR A SARDINE.

Favorite Features

MY FAVORITE FEATURE IS THE GRILL OF THE FRONT OF THE TRUCK

Suggested Improvements

MY ONLY SGGESTION WOULD BE TO ADD A NAVAGATION SYSTEM

I will definitely by another one!
By Brandy3612

2004 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have never had a vehicle that was so perfect for my family and myself. It's sporty yet it seats eight and it's roomy but it's not too big. I love the style and how this SUV rides and handles. I enjoy actually look forward to long drives now.

Favorite Features

My favorite thing would have to be the huge sunroof. It almost feels like you in a convertible.

Suggested Improvements

The only option that I would like to have is air conditioned seats. I wouldn't change one thing about this SUV. It's as close to perfect as you can get.

The best I've ever owned!
By JTT

2004 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

The ONLY thing that the Sequoia lacks, of which I don't understand why they don't have it already, is the GPS and electronic maps! Other than that, the Sequoia is a 10!

Favorite Features

Spacious, strong, strong vehicle, sturdy, all the small things (cupholders, visor extenders, ports for chargers.

Suggested Improvements

Add GPS and electronic maps. Toyota may want to look at the folding seats that fit into the floor, instead of having to take out the 3rd row of seats.

My New Toy
By Chris Fascetta

2004 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I did my research and test drove all the other big SUV's and the Sequoia was by far the best one out there. The others felt like trucks, the Toyota felt like driving a car. The Sequoia has enough to it and serves all my needs including towing and hauling the kids around town. Even my wife likes it now.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe upgrade the interior a little bit - it is a bit bland. Also work on a change so that the third row seats can collapse flat into the floor - they are a bit heavy to lift out for my wife.