Used 2004 Toyota Sequoia Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Sequoia - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:

Rear Hatch has flaws
By Nicole

2004 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I was disappointed with this vehicle. I had always heard how wonderful Toyota was and actually I liked my jeep grand cherokee much better. I only traded it because I needed a bigger vehicle. The rear liftgate has been stuck shut 7 times and this seems to be a common problem. Also - the rear window stopped working after about 50K miles. When the seats are folded up, they slam backwards and can catch a kids hand or foot if you're not careful. I also think for the price, the passenger side should have a power lumbar (like the Chevys and Jeeps have). Overall - the seats are stiff and not comfortable - when I trade I will be going back to Jeep or to a Suburban.

Favorite features are the large sunroof and DVD system combined. I did like the rear window going down (when it worked.)

Fix the rear hatch. Though I was told it was because it is driven on a dirt road. But isn't this a 4X4 and shouldn't it be able to handle a dirt road??? Also fix the seats so when they are folded up they lock in place so they don't slam down.

Sequoia Is The Best Ride All Around
By Tazman

2004 Toyota Sequoia Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Fantastic SUV by far, this SUV has factory installed side air bag curtains for safety, fuel economy is not like a 4cyl but if you are buying this vehicle for gas mileage, it is not what you need. This vehicle rides like a feather top bed. Best comfort for 8 passenger SUV from other makes and models of this size. Resale and trade in value will hold up on this vehicle more that others as well. It pulls my 25' boat with ease on the hiway and out of the water with no sweat. I am looking forward for the 2007 model.

Color of vehicle, looks going down the road pulling my boat, JBL sound system, second row of seats recline with arm rest as well, 8 passengers sit comfortable (wish they had the DVD head rest option they have now). Rear storage behind last row of seats.

Rear stereo system w/ head sets for passengers if they wish to listen to other radio stations. Also make a hybrid model for another option for sale.

Real REVIEW of Toyota Sequioa
By harry

2004 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have had 04 Sequoia for over 2 years and 45k in miles. I hope to give some real depth for consumers that are trying to make a decision. The vehicle has a great engine. In USA everyone Wants "Horsepower". The truth is it is about Torque, gear ratios, transmission, then horsepower. The engine is refined and so smooth.The ride is second to none. I put over 20k per year on it. Interior detail, do you want a bunch of gizmos, or money to go into workmanship! 4x4 has locking differential! Great stereo.

Drives smaller then is. Huge sun roof. Incredible engine. The ride is like a lexus on highway. Little lateral roll especially compared to Chevy Tahoe. Very quiet interior compared to others wind won't come through this SUV. Best 4X4 system hands down in class. Third row is actually functional for adult.

Memory seat drivers side would be nice. In 04 you could not get Nav system but now you can. Rear safety beeper would be nice. A/c works well but could be more sophisticated system like used in lexus.

Sequoia
By 2004 Sequoia

2004 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

It is a fanstastic vehicle with ample space for seating in all three rows.

roomy space in all three rows

more cargo room

Pleasure to Drive
By Tim Hawkins

2004 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

We wanted a SUV that we could take mor than just our family with to the lake. The 2004 Sequoia we have has been a pleasure to drive and own.

The amount of room for all occupants is great.

Would like to be able to turn down the blower fan without the auto thermostat going off.