Used 2004 Toyota Sequoia SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Sequoia SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:

Gas guzzler
By casha

2004 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Received 8 miles per gal when tested on hwy. Very poor gas mileage in comparison to what it should be. Style sold us but not very kid friendly. No access to 3rd row seat and no cup holders for 2nd row seat reachable by children. Mostly disappointed with efficiency.

Exterior style.

Gas mileage. Cup holders. Accessible access to 3rd row seat.

Traded up from a Grand Cherokee
By Tina

2004 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

We purchased a 2002 Grand Cherokee when we started a family and didn't want to go the minivan route. The Cherokee was a nightmare (maintenance, performance, etc.) So, we saw a great deal on a new 2004 Sequoia at the end of 2003 and went for it. We have loved this car (and we aren't really "car" people). We go away a lot for the weekend and it's so easy to just throw stuff in the Sequoia and go. It rides so smoothly and we haven't had any problems with it at all. We added a DVD player b/c it was cheaper to have it done on our own than @ the dealer. My only complaint - it is cumbersome & hard to park sometimes. But - that's a large SUV for you. GREAT SUV!

The leather interior, great 6-CD changer, easy to pull out third row seats, lots of console space. About 15 cup holders too! The 3rd row is very comfortable for passengers.

Have the 3rd row fold into the floor. Easier way to have the 2nd row fold to get access to the 3rd row - it's a little difficult to climb back there.

Love it!!!
By susan

2004 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned Ford Explorer, Jeep Cherokee, Dodge Durango - this is my SECOND Sequoia, what does that say about the car? Ultimate in comfort; I've got two 6'5" family members, and the four of us (plus 2 large Rottweilers) are comfortable in this great car on a weekly 3-hour drive to New England ski areas! The power folding exterior mirrors are a godsend when getting on and off the ferry. . . if this car could get great gas mileage, it would be perfect (we get 17 city and 20 highway).

2004 Sequoia
By Annie

2004 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

The Sequoia has been a great vehicle for my family. The size is fabulous on trips, and everyone is very comfortable. The leather interior is a must for a family, with spills etc. We've just done routine maintenance and have never had any mechanical problems.

I wish I was able to use the keyless entry to lock the doors prior to closing all of them.

45K on my 04 Sequoia
By harryliuusa

2004 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Just passed 45K on my 04 Sequoia, It hurts to drive into gas station. Except that, I don't have too much complaint. It is roomy, comfortable (the best comfortable seats on cars I ever owned), quiet BUT clumsy. What can I complain? It is a BIG SUV, of course, it won't drive/handle as easy as Accord... I would like to see it acclerate a little faster at traffic light. Feel like grandpa when light turns green.

Roomy, quietness, comfortable seats, reliability

More powerful to pick up speed at traffic light. Blind spot while turning.

• SUV