Used 2004 Toyota Sequoia SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Sequoia - Consumer Reviews

2004 Toyota Sequoia SUV

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:

2004 Sequoia
By Annie

2004 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

The Sequoia has been a great vehicle for my family. The size is fabulous on trips, and everyone is very comfortable. The leather interior is a must for a family, with spills etc. We've just done routine maintenance and have never had any mechanical problems.

Suggested Improvements

I wish I was able to use the keyless entry to lock the doors prior to closing all of them.

45K on my 04 Sequoia
By harryliuusa

2004 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Just passed 45K on my 04 Sequoia, It hurts to drive into gas station. Except that, I don't have too much complaint. It is roomy, comfortable (the best comfortable seats on cars I ever owned), quiet BUT clumsy. What can I complain? It is a BIG SUV, of course, it won't drive/handle as easy as Accord... I would like to see it acclerate a little faster at traffic light. Feel like grandpa when light turns green.

Favorite Features

Roomy, quietness, comfortable seats, reliability

Suggested Improvements

More powerful to pick up speed at traffic light. Blind spot while turning.

Toyota has it right
By Jim

2004 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned my Sequoia for over a year now. Other than gas mileage, which is a fundamental problem for ALL full size SUVs (my Sequoia gets 14-15 mpg - not too bad). It has an awesome look and drives like you're on a cloud. It has a very quiet ride too. We often pack 5 adults and 2 kids in the car for 2hr plus rides and it has tons of room and comfort. It is the first auto I have purchased that I have told people is the best auto I have ever owned. Other manufacturers take a lesson from Toyota... they got it right!

Favorite Features

4WD and comfortable, roomy interior

Suggested Improvements

Hybrid... just a matter of time

Sweet Ride
By Fiona

2004 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Best choice I ever made for a car. It is awesome in reliability and it does great on the beach. Excellent car.

Favorite Features

Sunroof, 4x4, TV, Radio, Heated Seats.

Suggested Improvements

Sunroof squeaks in the winter.

Rear Hatch has flaws
By Nicole

2004 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I was disappointed with this vehicle. I had always heard how wonderful Toyota was and actually I liked my jeep grand cherokee much better. I only traded it because I needed a bigger vehicle. The rear liftgate has been stuck shut 7 times and this seems to be a common problem. Also - the rear window stopped working after about 50K miles. When the seats are folded up, they slam backwards and can catch a kids hand or foot if you're not careful. I also think for the price, the passenger side should have a power lumbar (like the Chevys and Jeeps have). Overall - the seats are stiff and not comfortable - when I trade I will be going back to Jeep or to a Suburban.

Favorite Features

Favorite features are the large sunroof and DVD system combined. I did like the rear window going down (when it worked.)

Suggested Improvements

Fix the rear hatch. Though I was told it was because it is driven on a dirt road. But isn't this a 4X4 and shouldn't it be able to handle a dirt road??? Also fix the seats so when they are folded up they lock in place so they don't slam down.