2004 Toyota Sequoia - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:
Good value
By rob328ic on 05/09/07 08:15 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

We bought an 04 4WD SR5. We have a dog, 3 kids, and travel with lots of stuff (kids 4, 2 ,4 mos). Rides well, no build issues. Fit finish ok (a few panel gaps). Mileage has been poor but typical. This is a 4 speed trans too. Older 4WD has not been an issue, we live in Maine and works well. But it lacks little things. 2nd row lock for seat fold up to enter third row. No fold flat. No remote start option or camera accessible cup holder in 2nd row. Lack of lateral support in front seats. No power lift gate (my wife has tough time reaching this). Overall I’d consider a Suburban or Denali over this if I made the purchase today on a new 07-08. Used however I’d get the Toyota.

Wifes car and she loves it
By 1st Toyota on 02/24/07 07:28 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is wife's favorite vehicle. Downside, horrible roof vibrations if you open moonroof while driving. Rear end failed at 20k. Wheel bearings failed at 38k. Trunk latch stuck and dealer says warranty doesnt cover anything affected by rust, even though salesman said extended warranty covers "everything".

Excellent Driving Pleasure
By Masood Khan on 01/20/07 14:58 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Sequoia SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

One of a class, great Toyota invention of Sequoia SR5. I am very pleased to have this nice and luxury vehicle with full of power and comfort.

Good choice
By Shane on 11/30/06 13:22 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Sequoia SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Leg room for driver is an issue if over 6'. Overall this is a quality vehicle. Having driven all other SUVs, this is the winner. Leather is a MUST if you have kids, also if Toyota could put backseat controls for driver to use when kids fall asleep. Great buy!

Best in Class
By kevin on 10/12/06 11:57 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Sequoia Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

We have owned this SUV for a little less than a year and it is our first Toyota. We are really impressed with Toyota quality. The interior is not quite as plush and "fancy" as some, but I think it dominates in every other category. We bought this vehicle certified used with a bumper to bumper 7 year 100,000 mile warranty. I doubt we will need it though.

Tough to beat
By Ed Evans on 08/07/06 02:26 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Sequoia SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

After owning both a Suburban and Expedition, I can say this is the best of the breed. The smooth ride, tight control, luxurious interior, and JBL sound system make long trips enjoyable. The heart of a Tundra and the soul of a Lexus. I love it!

Gas guzzler
By casha on 07/31/06 18:35 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Sequoia SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Received 8 miles per gal when tested on hwy. Very poor gas mileage in comparison to what it should be. Style sold us but not very kid friendly. No access to 3rd row seat and no cup holders for 2nd row seat reachable by children. Mostly disappointed with efficiency.

Traded up from a Grand Cherokee
By Tina on 05/12/06 06:06 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Sequoia Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

We purchased a 2002 Grand Cherokee when we started a family and didn't want to go the minivan route. The Cherokee was a nightmare (maintenance, performance, etc.) So, we saw a great deal on a new 2004 Sequoia at the end of 2003 and went for it. We have loved this car (and we aren't really "car" people). We go away a lot for the weekend and it's so easy to just throw stuff in the Sequoia and go. It rides so smoothly and we haven't had any problems with it at all. We added a DVD player b/c it was cheaper to have it done on our own than @ the dealer. My only complaint - it is cumbersome & hard to park sometimes. But - that's a large SUV for you. GREAT SUV!

Love it!!!
By susan on 04/18/06 17:42 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned Ford Explorer, Jeep Cherokee, Dodge Durango - this is my SECOND Sequoia, what does that say about the car? Ultimate in comfort; I've got two 6'5" family members, and the four of us (plus 2 large Rottweilers) are comfortable in this great car on a weekly 3-hour drive to New England ski areas! The power folding exterior mirrors are a godsend when getting on and off the ferry. . . if this car could get great gas mileage, it would be perfect (we get 17 city and 20 highway).

2004 Sequoia
By Annie on 03/25/06 21:14 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Sequoia SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

The Sequoia has been a great vehicle for my family. The size is fabulous on trips, and everyone is very comfortable. The leather interior is a must for a family, with spills etc. We've just done routine maintenance and have never had any mechanical problems.