Used 2004 Toyota Sequoia Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Sequoia - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:

My first SUV! Love it!
By redraider

2004 Toyota Sequoia Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this used in Aug.2008. I LOVE it! Drives very comfortable, handles well, feels more like driving a car than a truck,& has great "power up" when taking off. The leather's still in great condition. It's very comfortable for road trips; bought it with 88,000 miles & it's currently at 125,000 miles due to in/out of state dance comp's. There's been NO major repairs on this SUV. Previous owner kept fabulous repair log with minor repairs; new breaks, routine maintenance & oil changes. We've had no mechanical/interior/exterior issues at all. This SUV is in for the LONG HAUL & still going STRONG! We are VERY pleased with the quality, design, & comfort. Will never own anything but a TOYOTA!

Spacious 2nd & 3rd row seating with vents, AC control & air bags; JBL speaker system with 6 disk CD changer, steering wheel features, full powered captain seats with heating, large cargo space, cup holders, leather seats, & great AC unit! LOVE the back gate window! GREAT Quality for a great price!

It could use better GAS mileage, BUT it is a LARGE SUV; I don't understand why people are so upset with the gas mileage. What did they expect; the mileage of a sedan? We get 14/18 mileage & luckily live in a midsized city where it only takes 10 mins to get anywhere! No other improvements needed!

Great vehicle
By 04seq

2004 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Bought used with over 100k but looks outstanding and runs great. Little problem with gas mileage. Not able to get over 11MPG for city but was able to get 17MPG on hwy. Everything is still running excellent and strong and comfortable.

Power folding mirrors, ride, power, roll down rear glass, big sunroof and design.

Better mileage but ok for such a big vehicle.

Great car
By J. King

2004 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

We've had our Sequoia for 5 years now - 80000 miles - and it still runs like a charm. It is comfortable, easy to drive, and we've had NO issues with it the entire time. Highly recommend for a great long-term daily car.

Best SUV we tested for ease of use in a big car. Drives like a car, not a truck which isn't true for the Ford and Chevy SUVs.

Sharp turns cause the ABS to flash and slows a turn but that's it.

Not that great
By venturen

2004 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I love the size of the Sequoia, but I have had lots of problems... more than all my other cars combined. Replaced the transmission, rear window stopped working after almost decapitating my dog because it randomly opens and shut, the VSC shuts down on rainy day... loss of power when turning, the engine depowered while driving on the highway and almost got me killed. It eats tires... supposedly a problem with the $2500 VSCcomputer. The paint quality stinks! Scratches!

Fits lots of people and stuff and has four wheel drive.

Better paint, fix all the above problems. I won't be buying one.

What's all the hype?
By brian4cde

2004 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I find this vehicle roomy & comfortable, but frustrating! Ignition is great: no holding key. Climate controls are OK. Defogging windshield is difficult. Controls, at steering column & elsewhere, are awkwardly placed & frustrating to use. Beware: power outlets go dead when the car is off. Seats are easy to move once you get used to it. Oddly enough, you can't get the rear spoiler w/the moonroof we wanted. This brings me to the most annoying thing: Noise & odors are ridiculous with open windows. The rear gate window is adjustable, but, don't open it when you accelerate: you will suck fumes. Open the side window and you get a loud pulsating noise. Open the moonroof & it sounds like an airport.

Roomy, Comfortable