2004 Toyota Sequoia - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:
Great Car!
By Monica Castillo on 10/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Sequoia SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This car is great and fun to drive! The only problem I have expereinced since purchasing this car is the poor quality in its brakes. I had to replace the first pair of brake pads at only 11,000 miles (less then a year of owning this car). The brake pads were also on a two week back order when my car needed the brakes replaced. Which means to me that Toyota needs to work a little bit harder on resolving their brakes issue. Obviously if there is such a huge demand on their brake pads, something is wrong????

Amazing
By momof3boys on 10/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my Sequoias right off the delivery truck. it had .02 miles on it when i got behind the wheel. I love it. I must admit, however, that I have had some big trouble with it. At 12,000 miles the brakes needed to be replaced and the compressor for the a/c quit. Again at 19,000 the brakes were bad. The service writer told me that this was a design flaw, and replaced my brakes with Land Cruiser brakes. They tell me that the sequopia was jsut to heavy for the original braking equipment. All issues have been adressed and I couldnt be happier. Heck, I get 14.8 MPG around town!!!

Sequoia Limited 4wd
By braindeadmomma on 10/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I love my Sequoia! The three rows are fantastic, especially since they all fold down for when I have to put "stuff" in it. My two boys are in football, so we have all the practice equipment and everything. We bought the car a day before we drove to Florida, and had a great! experience. I tell everyone I know how much I love it. I will never buy any car other than a Toyota.

AWESOME
By DONNA on 10/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

THIS IS A GREAT AUTOMOBILE.

In love with my Sequoia
By bdw2 on 09/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Sequoia Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Unbelievable beauty, comfort, safety, reliability, and CLASS!! No problems in over two years........(this site would not allow me to put in the actual year, which is a 2001..Arrows don't work for year of car) Always prefer to take this vehicle over my husband's Mercedes, which is newer. I have the niftiest car and would not EVER drive anything but a Toyota. My Forerunner was outstanding and this is even better, if possible...........Thanks Toyota!!!!!

Bad Rear end!
By Unhappy Toyota Owner on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Sequoia SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have had my Sequoia in the shop 4 times and only have 2,000 miles on it. I've had a new set of tires and rims put on, but there is still something wrong with the rear end. The dealership says it rides like it should and if that is the case, then I'm very disappointed. Drive you vehicle out on the highway and put at least 25 miles on it, before you decide to keep that one.

What a great truck!!!
By Extremely Satisfied on 09/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this truck in the last week and I am extremely impressed. Although it's a big truck, it doesn't feel that big when driven. The ride is unbelievable. It has a firm ride (unlike large vehicles) but handles bumps and corners extremely good as well. Acceleration is very good even though the motor has a 240 HP rating. It feels very strong. This is the 4th Toyota I have owned (second truck, 1st was a 4-Runner) and at this point I would never buy from any other manufacturer. Their build quality is impecable, their prices reasonable, their resale great, and they last forever. What more could an owner want!

Ultimate Toy
By Uncle Marty on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Great family vehicle, comfortable and totally reliable.

best all around luxury sport utility
By imports of lancaster on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

lots of luxury, excellent riding, drives like a luxury car, reliable, safe feeling, nice design, ***** highly recomend.

One of the BEST
By L & O on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Sequoia Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I love this truck, little or no problems. All that I have spoken with also love their truck, but who cares what they think. I say this is a GREAT SUV!