Used 2004 Toyota Sequoia Limited SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Sequoia SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:

tree stopped
By Vernon griffin

2004 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

To many recalls for this suv wife bought our 2004 used did not know about recall for suspension and lower ball joint riding alone on July 9,2015 lower ball joint failed. Wheel separated I lost control had no brakes and it ran me into a big oak tree. I had to be cut out of the car now I was almost killed I have very bad injuries to my leg multiple fractures, reconstructive knee surgery. Skin graph, bruised elbow and ribs

My first SUV! Love it!
By redraider

2004 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this used in Aug.2008. I LOVE it! Drives very comfortable, handles well, feels more like driving a car than a truck,& has great "power up" when taking off. The leather's still in great condition. It's very comfortable for road trips; bought it with 88,000 miles & it's currently at 125,000 miles due to in/out of state dance comp's. There's been NO major repairs on this SUV. Previous owner kept fabulous repair log with minor repairs; new breaks, routine maintenance & oil changes. We've had no mechanical/interior/exterior issues at all. This SUV is in for the LONG HAUL & still going STRONG! We are VERY pleased with the quality, design, & comfort. Will never own anything but a TOYOTA!

Spacious 2nd & 3rd row seating with vents, AC control & air bags; JBL speaker system with 6 disk CD changer, steering wheel features, full powered captain seats with heating, large cargo space, cup holders, leather seats, & great AC unit! LOVE the back gate window! GREAT Quality for a great price!

It could use better GAS mileage, BUT it is a LARGE SUV; I don't understand why people are so upset with the gas mileage. What did they expect; the mileage of a sedan? We get 14/18 mileage & luckily live in a midsized city where it only takes 10 mins to get anywhere! No other improvements needed!

Only Toyota I will ever buy
By tustin

2004 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Had all carpet replaced at 1600 miles. Had interior trim panels replaced. Plastic covers keep falling off. Owned MB, audi and GM Yukons. My 94 E320 looks brand new. Toyota suggested I go back to buying MB product. Sequoia interior looks like junk. Toyota would not acknowlege poor manufacturing quality. Kept trying to send me to dealer but they did not build the car, Toyota did. Exceptionally poor customer service from Toyota Corporation. Paint is cheap as well.

7 seats, build in dvd player, good gas mileage considering size. Can put sheet of plywood in back with seats out. Great cargo space.

Put the quality of interior components that are justified by the over 40K price. The only quality I see (which supposedly Toyota builds) is in the mechanicals but even that I have now had a recall on the ball joints with no rental car. bottom line. Remember who is the end customer!

Best in Class
By kevin

2004 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

We have owned this SUV for a little less than a year and it is our first Toyota. We are really impressed with Toyota quality. The interior is not quite as plush and "fancy" as some, but I think it dominates in every other category. We bought this vehicle certified used with a bumper to bumper 7 year 100,000 mile warranty. I doubt we will need it though.

The roll down rear window is a really nice feature not found elsewhere and I like the exterior style of the Sequoia. It also handles and drives extremely well for an SUV.

Design the interior with a bit more flair and make the bumpers stronger.

Traded up from a Grand Cherokee
By Tina

2004 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

We purchased a 2002 Grand Cherokee when we started a family and didn't want to go the minivan route. The Cherokee was a nightmare (maintenance, performance, etc.) So, we saw a great deal on a new 2004 Sequoia at the end of 2003 and went for it. We have loved this car (and we aren't really "car" people). We go away a lot for the weekend and it's so easy to just throw stuff in the Sequoia and go. It rides so smoothly and we haven't had any problems with it at all. We added a DVD player b/c it was cheaper to have it done on our own than @ the dealer. My only complaint - it is cumbersome & hard to park sometimes. But - that's a large SUV for you. GREAT SUV!

The leather interior, great 6-CD changer, easy to pull out third row seats, lots of console space. About 15 cup holders too! The 3rd row is very comfortable for passengers.

Have the 3rd row fold into the floor. Easier way to have the 2nd row fold to get access to the 3rd row - it's a little difficult to climb back there.

• SUV