Used 2004 Toyota Sequoia SUV Consumer Reviews - 157 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Sequoia SUV - Consumer Reviews

2004 Toyota Sequoia SUV

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:

Keeps on ticking
By TC B

Solid.

Love My Reliable Soccer Taxi
By A Soccer Mom

2004 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

While the Sequoia is not great on gas mileage, it has by far been the most reliable vehicle I've owned. I bought a 2004 SR5 brand new and kept the oil changed. It still starts instantly like it did over 10 years ago. I've taken my teenage boys and their teammates to tournaments, and everybody sat comfortably with enough cargo space for luggage and soccer backpacks. I have replaced the battery, shocks ,struts, and brakes. I have never replaced the timing belt, and it has almost 300,000 miles on it. I have had 3 drivers run into me while sitting still and this vehicle has kept me safe. My DVD player has never been great from day one. The movies get stuck in the player. The radio volume button has stopped working properly. The motor of the back window wiper has died. Neither Toyota or the dealership notified me of the ball bearing recall. Thank God I wasn't traveling at a high speed when mine broke. The arm rest is broken and the seat cushion has torn on the driver's seat. I've owned Chevy, Ford, Nissan, and Infiniti. The Toyota has given me fewer problems and better performance than all of them.

tree stopped
By Vernon griffin

2004 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

To many recalls for this suv wife bought our 2004 used did not know about recall for suspension and lower ball joint riding alone on July 9,2015 lower ball joint failed. Wheel separated I lost control had no brakes and it ran me into a big oak tree. I had to be cut out of the car now I was almost killed I have very bad injuries to my leg multiple fractures, reconstructive knee surgery. Skin graph, bruised elbow and ribs

Just O.K. at best
By jbradabadowski

2004 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

My 2004 Sequioa with 130,000 miles isn't that great when compared to my 2003 Tahoe with 258,000. When comparing the two, the Sequioa isn't nearly as powerful, fuel economy isn't as good, and the towing capacity pales in comparison. The Sequioa doesn't ride or drive as well as the Tahoe. Many of the plastic pieces are falling of of the Sequioa, but I guess the worst thing for me is the drivers seat. If you are over 6 feet tall with long legs then you can forget about being comfortable while driving because the seat will not move back far enough. I will definitely buy the Chevy Tahoe again. It's a great truck. The Sequioa, I doubt that I'll ever buy another.

Exterior styling

More comfort, better fuel mileage, more powerful engine, better towing capacity.

Ours Went to Sequoia Heaven
By blessed1022

2004 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

What can I say - Loved our SR5 to death. June 2013 my wife and kids were in a bad accident. Rear ended and slammed into the back of another truck because the other car got so deep under the rear she couldn't fully stop. Bought ours on July 3, 2004 almost 9 years. We were never happier with another car. Planned on driving it until the wheels fell off. The safety of this truck left my family just fine. The frame stopped the other car in its place amazing. Wished we could have kept it but insurance claimed total loss. What a shame, cried for several days - seems silly but when you have such good memories with a car like this it's hard to let go. 155k+ miles and valued at $13k. Way to go Toyota!

Loved hauling a bunch of stuff for people. My wife and I always enjoyed serving for others since we had the ability. Great on long trips - kept up on the tires so ride was always comfortable.