2004 Toyota Sequoia SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:
Ours Went to Sequoia Heaven
By blessed1022 on 07/02/13 19:46 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

What can I say - Loved our SR5 to death. June 2013 my wife and kids were in a bad accident. Rear ended and slammed into the back of another truck because the other car got so deep under the rear she couldn't fully stop. Bought ours on July 3, 2004 almost 9 years. We were never happier with another car. Planned on driving it until the wheels fell off. The safety of this truck left my family just fine. The frame stopped the other car in its place amazing. Wished we could have kept it but insurance claimed total loss. What a shame, cried for several days - seems silly but when you have such good memories with a car like this it's hard to let go. 155k+ miles and valued at $13k. Way to go Toyota!

THIS CAR SAVED MY LIFE!!!!!
By monique11 on 03/06/12 23:07 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

My 04 Sequoia was terrific. I put 200,000 miles on it & it still ran great. This car is fun, fast comfortable & safe. Not only does it looks great, it performs excellent. It is 100% reliable inspite of the fact that I didn't serve it as often as I should've . In 2012 I had a serious accident in this car. I was driving 70 mph on the freeway downhill, "the bottom line," I lost control of the car which cause the car to spend in 2 full circles & ram the front end directly into the cement wall & it was total. I walked away with only a seat belt burn on my neck. The Hway patrol said he never seen anyone servive such an accident. My insurance gv me 15k for my lost which proves it holds its value.

Excellent choice
By spacelink on 08/22/10 09:30 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

We purchased our vehicle (AWD) off Craigs list from a dealer in So. California. It had 92,000 on it and is in pristine condition. We've had a 100,000 mile service done which included bumper to bumper service and the vehicle continues to drive like new. It was purchased as a replacement for our 1998 Toyota 4-runner with 250k on it was totaled by a friend. The Sequoia has more than we will ever need in a vehicle and we've taken two out of state trips with it. It has the room, the comfort and the separate temperature zones is something that definitely comes in handy. Our conclusion, we won't buy anything else. Other than the less than desirable fuel economy, its a great vehicle.

My first SUV! Love it!
By redraider on 06/04/10 14:22 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this used in Aug.2008. I LOVE it! Drives very comfortable, handles well, feels more like driving a car than a truck,& has great "power up" when taking off. The leather's still in great condition. It's very comfortable for road trips; bought it with 88,000 miles & it's currently at 125,000 miles due to in/out of state dance comp's. There's been NO major repairs on this SUV. Previous owner kept fabulous repair log with minor repairs; new breaks, routine maintenance & oil changes. We've had no mechanical/interior/exterior issues at all. This SUV is in for the LONG HAUL & still going STRONG! We are VERY pleased with the quality, design, & comfort. Will never own anything but a TOYOTA!

Great vehicle
By 04seq on 09/21/09 08:10 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Bought used with over 100k but looks outstanding and runs great. Little problem with gas mileage. Not able to get over 11MPG for city but was able to get 17MPG on hwy. Everything is still running excellent and strong and comfortable.

Great car
By J. King on 06/24/09 05:11 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

We've had our Sequoia for 5 years now - 80000 miles - and it still runs like a charm. It is comfortable, easy to drive, and we've had NO issues with it the entire time. Highly recommend for a great long-term daily car.

Not that great
By venturen on 05/12/09 19:42 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I love the size of the Sequoia, but I have had lots of problems... more than all my other cars combined. Replaced the transmission, rear window stopped working after almost decapitating my dog because it randomly opens and shut, the VSC shuts down on rainy day... loss of power when turning, the engine depowered while driving on the highway and almost got me killed. It eats tires... supposedly a problem with the $2500 VSCcomputer. The paint quality stinks! Scratches!

What's all the hype?
By brian4cde on 04/08/09 06:43 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I find this vehicle roomy & comfortable, but frustrating! Ignition is great: no holding key. Climate controls are OK. Defogging windshield is difficult. Controls, at steering column & elsewhere, are awkwardly placed & frustrating to use. Beware: power outlets go dead when the car is off. Seats are easy to move once you get used to it. Oddly enough, you can't get the rear spoiler w/the moonroof we wanted. This brings me to the most annoying thing: Noise & odors are ridiculous with open windows. The rear gate window is adjustable, but, don't open it when you accelerate: you will suck fumes. Open the side window and you get a loud pulsating noise. Open the moonroof & it sounds like an airport.

New to Me
By new owner on 12/04/07 06:23 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Just bought this the end of Sept. '07 with 48K on it. It now has 52.5k. We are a family of 5. We liked all the bells and whistles on this model because it had everything that the Limited had minus the heated seats. We own a '96 Tahoe, and just got rid of an '01 Odyssey minivan, and this takes the vans place. We gave up fuel mileage (22 vs. 18 in the Sequoia) and ride comfort. The Toyota definitely rides rougher than the Tahoe, but it gets better mileage and we love all the room/extra seats. We have had one mechanical issue, we had to replace the oil pressure sending unit. My wife is dissapointed that the rubber cup holder "fingers" have been torn/worn prematurely.

Only Toyota I will ever buy
By tustin on 07/10/07 17:47 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Had all carpet replaced at 1600 miles. Had interior trim panels replaced. Plastic covers keep falling off. Owned MB, audi and GM Yukons. My 94 E320 looks brand new. Toyota suggested I go back to buying MB product. Sequoia interior looks like junk. Toyota would not acknowlege poor manufacturing quality. Kept trying to send me to dealer but they did not build the car, Toyota did. Exceptionally poor customer service from Toyota Corporation. Paint is cheap as well.