Used 2004 Toyota Sequoia Limited Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Sequoia - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:

My first SUV! Love it!
By redraider

2004 Toyota Sequoia Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this used in Aug.2008. I LOVE it! Drives very comfortable, handles well, feels more like driving a car than a truck,& has great "power up" when taking off. The leather's still in great condition. It's very comfortable for road trips; bought it with 88,000 miles & it's currently at 125,000 miles due to in/out of state dance comp's. There's been NO major repairs on this SUV. Previous owner kept fabulous repair log with minor repairs; new breaks, routine maintenance & oil changes. We've had no mechanical/interior/exterior issues at all. This SUV is in for the LONG HAUL & still going STRONG! We are VERY pleased with the quality, design, & comfort. Will never own anything but a TOYOTA!

Favorite Features

Spacious 2nd & 3rd row seating with vents, AC control & air bags; JBL speaker system with 6 disk CD changer, steering wheel features, full powered captain seats with heating, large cargo space, cup holders, leather seats, & great AC unit! LOVE the back gate window! GREAT Quality for a great price!

Suggested Improvements

It could use better GAS mileage, BUT it is a LARGE SUV; I don't understand why people are so upset with the gas mileage. What did they expect; the mileage of a sedan? We get 14/18 mileage & luckily live in a midsized city where it only takes 10 mins to get anywhere! No other improvements needed!

Only Toyota I will ever buy
By tustin

2004 Toyota Sequoia Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Had all carpet replaced at 1600 miles. Had interior trim panels replaced. Plastic covers keep falling off. Owned MB, audi and GM Yukons. My 94 E320 looks brand new. Toyota suggested I go back to buying MB product. Sequoia interior looks like junk. Toyota would not acknowlege poor manufacturing quality. Kept trying to send me to dealer but they did not build the car, Toyota did. Exceptionally poor customer service from Toyota Corporation. Paint is cheap as well.

Favorite Features

7 seats, build in dvd player, good gas mileage considering size. Can put sheet of plywood in back with seats out. Great cargo space.

Suggested Improvements

Put the quality of interior components that are justified by the over 40K price. The only quality I see (which supposedly Toyota builds) is in the mechanicals but even that I have now had a recall on the ball joints with no rental car. bottom line. Remember who is the end customer!

Best in Class
By kevin

2004 Toyota Sequoia Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

We have owned this SUV for a little less than a year and it is our first Toyota. We are really impressed with Toyota quality. The interior is not quite as plush and "fancy" as some, but I think it dominates in every other category. We bought this vehicle certified used with a bumper to bumper 7 year 100,000 mile warranty. I doubt we will need it though.

Favorite Features

The roll down rear window is a really nice feature not found elsewhere and I like the exterior style of the Sequoia. It also handles and drives extremely well for an SUV.

Suggested Improvements

Design the interior with a bit more flair and make the bumpers stronger.

Traded up from a Grand Cherokee
By Tina

2004 Toyota Sequoia Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

We purchased a 2002 Grand Cherokee when we started a family and didn't want to go the minivan route. The Cherokee was a nightmare (maintenance, performance, etc.) So, we saw a great deal on a new 2004 Sequoia at the end of 2003 and went for it. We have loved this car (and we aren't really "car" people). We go away a lot for the weekend and it's so easy to just throw stuff in the Sequoia and go. It rides so smoothly and we haven't had any problems with it at all. We added a DVD player b/c it was cheaper to have it done on our own than @ the dealer. My only complaint - it is cumbersome & hard to park sometimes. But - that's a large SUV for you. GREAT SUV!

Favorite Features

The leather interior, great 6-CD changer, easy to pull out third row seats, lots of console space. About 15 cup holders too! The 3rd row is very comfortable for passengers.

Suggested Improvements

Have the 3rd row fold into the floor. Easier way to have the 2nd row fold to get access to the 3rd row - it's a little difficult to climb back there.

Sequoia Is The Best Ride All Around
By Tazman

2004 Toyota Sequoia Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Fantastic SUV by far, this SUV has factory installed side air bag curtains for safety, fuel economy is not like a 4cyl but if you are buying this vehicle for gas mileage, it is not what you need. This vehicle rides like a feather top bed. Best comfort for 8 passenger SUV from other makes and models of this size. Resale and trade in value will hold up on this vehicle more that others as well. It pulls my 25' boat with ease on the hiway and out of the water with no sweat. I am looking forward for the 2007 model.

Favorite Features

Color of vehicle, looks going down the road pulling my boat, JBL sound system, second row of seats recline with arm rest as well, 8 passengers sit comfortable (wish they had the DVD head rest option they have now). Rear storage behind last row of seats.

Suggested Improvements

Rear stereo system w/ head sets for passengers if they wish to listen to other radio stations. Also make a hybrid model for another option for sale.