2004 Toyota Sequoia - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:
New to Me
By new owner on 12/04/07 06:23 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Sequoia SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Just bought this the end of Sept. '07 with 48K on it. It now has 52.5k. We are a family of 5. We liked all the bells and whistles on this model because it had everything that the Limited had minus the heated seats. We own a '96 Tahoe, and just got rid of an '01 Odyssey minivan, and this takes the vans place. We gave up fuel mileage (22 vs. 18 in the Sequoia) and ride comfort. The Toyota definitely rides rougher than the Tahoe, but it gets better mileage and we love all the room/extra seats. We have had one mechanical issue, we had to replace the oil pressure sending unit. My wife is dissapointed that the rubber cup holder "fingers" have been torn/worn prematurely.

Excellent Driving Pleasure
By Masood Khan on 01/20/07 14:58 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Sequoia SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

One of a class, great Toyota invention of Sequoia SR5. I am very pleased to have this nice and luxury vehicle with full of power and comfort.

Good choice
By Shane on 11/30/06 13:22 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Sequoia SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Leg room for driver is an issue if over 6'. Overall this is a quality vehicle. Having driven all other SUVs, this is the winner. Leather is a MUST if you have kids, also if Toyota could put backseat controls for driver to use when kids fall asleep. Great buy!

Tough to beat
By Ed Evans on 08/07/06 02:26 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Sequoia SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

After owning both a Suburban and Expedition, I can say this is the best of the breed. The smooth ride, tight control, luxurious interior, and JBL sound system make long trips enjoyable. The heart of a Tundra and the soul of a Lexus. I love it!

Gas guzzler
By casha on 07/31/06 18:35 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Sequoia SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Received 8 miles per gal when tested on hwy. Very poor gas mileage in comparison to what it should be. Style sold us but not very kid friendly. No access to 3rd row seat and no cup holders for 2nd row seat reachable by children. Mostly disappointed with efficiency.

2004 Sequoia
By Annie on 03/25/06 21:14 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Sequoia SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

The Sequoia has been a great vehicle for my family. The size is fabulous on trips, and everyone is very comfortable. The leather interior is a must for a family, with spills etc. We've just done routine maintenance and have never had any mechanical problems.

2004 Sequoia
By Cyndy on 12/05/04 09:34 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Sequoia SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I upgraded to the Sequoia so I would have room to hall my kids and all their sports gear around. I love the comfort and the ability to fold the seats up or remove them depending on how much room I need. It has a smooth ride and is just as comfortable as my Lexus ES300 was but with lots more room!

check fit and finish
By OCD on 11/06/04 23:31 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Sequoia SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle has been great. You will not be disappointed. The only problem I have is that the passanger door does not shut like the rest; misaligned, however no wind noise heard. I am afraid to go to dealership because the fix might be worse. My SR5 is loaded without the sunroof I dont need. Looks better than the Expedition.

I'll Drive!!
By macwitch on 10/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Sequoia SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Just bought this beautiful Sequoia last week to take advantage of year end prices. It is awesome! I can't wait for each next chance to drive!

Nice
By bhd on 08/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Sequoia SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

We just drove our new SR5 on a 1500 mile vacation. The vehicle was great to drive. It was smooth, comfortable and had lots of power when passing. I couldn't wait to get back into the seat and drive it some more. I couldn't be happier with our choice of the Sequoia. I had to watch myself as I wouldn't be paying attention and I find myself doing 90 on the highway and it felt like 50. I really like this car.