Used 2004 Toyota Sequoia SR5 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Sequoia - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:

Just O.K. at best
By jbradabadowski

2004 Toyota Sequoia SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

My 2004 Sequioa with 130,000 miles isn't that great when compared to my 2003 Tahoe with 258,000. When comparing the two, the Sequioa isn't nearly as powerful, fuel economy isn't as good, and the towing capacity pales in comparison. The Sequioa doesn't ride or drive as well as the Tahoe. Many of the plastic pieces are falling of of the Sequioa, but I guess the worst thing for me is the drivers seat. If you are over 6 feet tall with long legs then you can forget about being comfortable while driving because the seat will not move back far enough. I will definitely buy the Chevy Tahoe again. It's a great truck. The Sequioa, I doubt that I'll ever buy another.

Exterior styling

More comfort, better fuel mileage, more powerful engine, better towing capacity.

New to Me
By new owner

2004 Toyota Sequoia SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Just bought this the end of Sept. '07 with 48K on it. It now has 52.5k. We are a family of 5. We liked all the bells and whistles on this model because it had everything that the Limited had minus the heated seats. We own a '96 Tahoe, and just got rid of an '01 Odyssey minivan, and this takes the vans place. We gave up fuel mileage (22 vs. 18 in the Sequoia) and ride comfort. The Toyota definitely rides rougher than the Tahoe, but it gets better mileage and we love all the room/extra seats. We have had one mechanical issue, we had to replace the oil pressure sending unit. My wife is dissapointed that the rubber cup holder "fingers" have been torn/worn prematurely.

Sunroof (have not had one on the previous 4 vehicles we have owned and missed it). Leg room for all 3 seats, towing capacity. Better fuel mileage than my '96 2wd Tahoe. Great sound system, comfortable seats. Rear window feature.

I wish for 20MPG out of this. Better highway ride quality it still rides like a truck. Better visibility. Memory driver seat. Steering wheel radio controls. Rear back up camera.

Excellent Driving Pleasure
By Masood Khan

2004 Toyota Sequoia SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

One of a class, great Toyota invention of Sequoia SR5. I am very pleased to have this nice and luxury vehicle with full of power and comfort.

Easy handling, big roomy seats for 8 passengers, powerful pickup.

Need more luxury options inside the car to make it above all.

Good choice
By Shane

2004 Toyota Sequoia SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Leg room for driver is an issue if over 6'. Overall this is a quality vehicle. Having driven all other SUVs, this is the winner. Leather is a MUST if you have kids, also if Toyota could put backseat controls for driver to use when kids fall asleep. Great buy!

Room, leather, quality.

Backseat controls for driver. The ability to lie seats back without stopping for when kids fall asleep.

Tough to beat
By Ed Evans

2004 Toyota Sequoia SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

After owning both a Suburban and Expedition, I can say this is the best of the breed. The smooth ride, tight control, luxurious interior, and JBL sound system make long trips enjoyable. The heart of a Tundra and the soul of a Lexus. I love it!

Numerous power outlets, smooth ride, sound system.

Better gas mileage. 16 MPG city and highway is OK for the class, but these days something around 20 MPG would put the Sequoia at the top.