Used 2004 Toyota Sequoia Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Sequoia - Consumer Reviews

2004 Toyota Sequoia

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:

Just O.K. at best
By jbradabadowski

2004 Toyota Sequoia SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

My 2004 Sequioa with 130,000 miles isn't that great when compared to my 2003 Tahoe with 258,000. When comparing the two, the Sequioa isn't nearly as powerful, fuel economy isn't as good, and the towing capacity pales in comparison. The Sequioa doesn't ride or drive as well as the Tahoe. Many of the plastic pieces are falling of of the Sequioa, but I guess the worst thing for me is the drivers seat. If you are over 6 feet tall with long legs then you can forget about being comfortable while driving because the seat will not move back far enough. I will definitely buy the Chevy Tahoe again. It's a great truck. The Sequioa, I doubt that I'll ever buy another.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling

Suggested Improvements

More comfort, better fuel mileage, more powerful engine, better towing capacity.

Ours Went to Sequoia Heaven
By blessed1022

2004 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

What can I say - Loved our SR5 to death. June 2013 my wife and kids were in a bad accident. Rear ended and slammed into the back of another truck because the other car got so deep under the rear she couldn't fully stop. Bought ours on July 3, 2004 almost 9 years. We were never happier with another car. Planned on driving it until the wheels fell off. The safety of this truck left my family just fine. The frame stopped the other car in its place amazing. Wished we could have kept it but insurance claimed total loss. What a shame, cried for several days - seems silly but when you have such good memories with a car like this it's hard to let go. 155k+ miles and valued at $13k. Way to go Toyota!

Favorite Features

Loved hauling a bunch of stuff for people. My wife and I always enjoyed serving for others since we had the ability. Great on long trips - kept up on the tires so ride was always comfortable.

THIS CAR SAVED MY LIFE!!!!!
By monique11

2004 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

My 04 Sequoia was terrific. I put 200,000 miles on it & it still ran great. This car is fun, fast comfortable & safe. Not only does it looks great, it performs excellent. It is 100% reliable inspite of the fact that I didn't serve it as often as I should've . In 2012 I had a serious accident in this car. I was driving 70 mph on the freeway downhill, "the bottom line," I lost control of the car which cause the car to spend in 2 full circles & ram the front end directly into the cement wall & it was total. I walked away with only a seat belt burn on my neck. The Hway patrol said he never seen anyone servive such an accident. My insurance gv me 15k for my lost which proves it holds its value.

Excellent choice
By spacelink

2004 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

We purchased our vehicle (AWD) off Craigs list from a dealer in So. California. It had 92,000 on it and is in pristine condition. We've had a 100,000 mile service done which included bumper to bumper service and the vehicle continues to drive like new. It was purchased as a replacement for our 1998 Toyota 4-runner with 250k on it was totaled by a friend. The Sequoia has more than we will ever need in a vehicle and we've taken two out of state trips with it. It has the room, the comfort and the separate temperature zones is something that definitely comes in handy. Our conclusion, we won't buy anything else. Other than the less than desirable fuel economy, its a great vehicle.

Favorite Features

Heated seats, ease of access to buttons, moonroof, slide rear window, running boards for access, folding/removable rear seats, power connectors, large doors.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage!

My first SUV! Love it!
By redraider

2004 Toyota Sequoia Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this used in Aug.2008. I LOVE it! Drives very comfortable, handles well, feels more like driving a car than a truck,& has great "power up" when taking off. The leather's still in great condition. It's very comfortable for road trips; bought it with 88,000 miles & it's currently at 125,000 miles due to in/out of state dance comp's. There's been NO major repairs on this SUV. Previous owner kept fabulous repair log with minor repairs; new breaks, routine maintenance & oil changes. We've had no mechanical/interior/exterior issues at all. This SUV is in for the LONG HAUL & still going STRONG! We are VERY pleased with the quality, design, & comfort. Will never own anything but a TOYOTA!

Favorite Features

Spacious 2nd & 3rd row seating with vents, AC control & air bags; JBL speaker system with 6 disk CD changer, steering wheel features, full powered captain seats with heating, large cargo space, cup holders, leather seats, & great AC unit! LOVE the back gate window! GREAT Quality for a great price!

Suggested Improvements

It could use better GAS mileage, BUT it is a LARGE SUV; I don't understand why people are so upset with the gas mileage. What did they expect; the mileage of a sedan? We get 14/18 mileage & luckily live in a midsized city where it only takes 10 mins to get anywhere! No other improvements needed!